+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Still awaiting a response!

one half

Jul 20, 2009
I applied for CEC in early February and eventually received my AOR 3 months later in late May. Since then I have heard nothing and am left waiting...

This would be fine if I had a more patient nature. Unfortunately I do not. My work permit expires on the last day of September which really doesn't leave me much time to complete the CEC process at this very slow rate.

Does anyone know the protocol for contacting Buffalo and asking them 'hey, where's my reply'?! I'm told that it's a big mistake to contact them directly but honestly I'm getting very nervous that my application has fallen off the pile.

Anyone have any advice at all? The wait is getting too agonising for me!

pperky

Sep 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
3 months wait for aor is infact not out of the ordinary (by reading the posts by other users on this forum).
u'll have to renew your work permit, not too sure what the options are for that.

please share if you find.

thanks

xzb33

Star Member
Jun 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-April-2010
AOR Received.
05- May-2010
LANDED..........
03/06/2011
Hi Guys,

I sent my full docs on 04 april, they received my file on april 06 , I got AOR on 06 May .
My status in e case said " we started processing your application on may 06.

from that time i did not hear anything from CIC

any comment about my case !

thank you dears

browni

Aug 6, 2009
Hmm CIC recieved my application on August 9th and haven't heard from them...
but from your experiences, I guess this is alrite :-[

spellbinder

Star Member
Sep 6, 2010
heh.... I am about to send my application next week and reading everyone's response (from this forum and others) I have braced myself for the ultimate test of patience.

its just funny how the total processing time went from 5-6 months last year to 1 year 5-6 months (some cases) this year and wont surprise me if mine takes 2 years. and it seems at this stage I should be thankful that they are letting me submit an application. Federal skilled worker class now takes around 7-8 years (for applicants from the sub-continent) so the only solace is 'hey its better than that' .... hehehe....

anyway this CEC application processing time has certainly changed my life's plan (I constantly have to let go project opportunities just because the work permit concept is still so alien to HRs, I dont blame them... its definitely more paper work/responsibility for them).

Thanks to these forums I am in check with reality.... best of luck everyone

one half

Jul 20, 2009
Hi everyone,

It's interesting to hear everyones experiences of waiting times - I submitted my application in February 2010, received my AOR in May and have heard nothing since then. The wait is totally frustrating, especially since my current work permit expires in just 7 days! I just wish there was some way of finding out what stage the application is in. My ECAS has never worked and I'm fairly certain that it's not a good idea to contact the processing centre directly. This whole CEC process is proving a lot more slow and frustrating than I had expected.

Good luck to all and hang in there!