+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Steps after soft landing.

arsdat

Apr 23, 2022
Hi All
I did soft landing yesterday in Toronto and would be heading back to my home country in next 3 days. What are the things I should take care in next 3 days while still being physically here?
I am aware of getting SIN and opening bank account. Anything else which I should look into?
1. Do I need to get pictures clicked here in case the picture on COPR got rejected? Or can I retake the picture in home country and resend? This is for getting first PR card.
2. The CBSA officer did sign on COPR but did not stamp. Is this okay?
3. Can we do lamination on COPR client copy as I heard this document is going to be required for longer term?

Please advise.
Thanks much in advance.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
1. Do I need to get pictures clicked here in case the picture on COPR got rejected? Or can I retake the picture in home country and resend? This is for getting first PR card.
3. Can we do lamination on COPR client copy as I heard this document is going to be required for longer term?
1. If they accepted the photos when you submitted for visa, they're fine.
2. Yes, they don't actually stamp (as far as I'm aware).
3. Personally I'd recommend against it. Once you get PR card you will hardly ever have to use again, just file in secure place. Take a good scan of the original though. (I suspect for most uses scan/copy would be fine anyway)

Reactions: arsdat

arsdat

Apr 23, 2022
1. If they accepted the photos when you submitted for visa, they're fine.
2. Yes, they don't actually stamp (as far as I'm aware).
3. Personally I'd recommend against it. Once you get PR card you will hardly ever have to use again, just file in secure place. Take a good scan of the original though. (I suspect for most uses scan/copy would be fine anyway)
Thank you

labataille16

Apr 30, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
02-03-2020
Hi All
I did soft landing yesterday in Toronto and would be heading back to my home country in next 3 days. What are the things I should take care in next 3 days while still being physically here?
I am aware of getting SIN and opening bank account. Anything else which I should look into?

Please advise.
Thanks much in advance.
Hi could you please share more about your soft landing process in Toronto, such as interview questions, any form to prepare, proof of funds, items etc.? Did they ask how long will you stay and items you are bringing? Did you enter by air?
I plan to do a soft landing at Toronto Pearson Airport in July, and will also head back to the US after 5 days...while the PR card will be sent to a relative's address there. So seeking your experience! thanks in advance :)

husnainramay

Jul 15, 2021
Hi could you please share more about your soft landing process in Toronto, such as interview questions, any form to prepare, proof of funds, items etc.? Did they ask how long will you stay and items you are bringing? Did you enter by air?
I plan to do a soft landing at Toronto Pearson Airport in July, and will also head back to the US after 5 days...while the PR card will be sent to a relative's address there. So seeking your experience! thanks in advance :)

@arsdat t would really appreciate your response on this

arsdat

Apr 23, 2022
Sorry for late response. Yes I did landing at Toronto airport. They did not ask anything except passport, COPR and canadian address. They just confirm yes/no questions which was there on COPR like marital status, crime history etc. It takes 10-15 mins to complete.

Jan 10, 2022
@arsdat @labataille16 - It would help immensely,. if you could share your experience. I am planning to do a soft landing in July 2022.

Open Questions:
1. During the pandemic, soft landing was discouraged. Is it still the case? If so, what proofs do the officers look for?
2. Would it be ok to give them my friend's address? Or are they looking for a lease under my name?
3. My COPR says port of entry is Toronto. Can I still go to Vancouver and complete my PR related steps and apply for SIN?

Waqaslatif87

Apr 22, 2021
I have a query if anyone can advise on it. I am a PNP applicant for Saskatchewan planning to do soft landing. I am aware of the landing formalities and that it will be done at Toronto Airport. I am planning to stay there for a few weeks.

1. Can i stay in Toronto and leave to come back later to settle permanently in Saskatchewan?
2. Can i give the PR card address to my contact in Toronto?

appreciate if someone can shed some light on it or have heard of anyone sucessfuly doing it.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a query if anyone can advise on it. I am a PNP applicant for Saskatchewan planning to do soft landing. I am aware of the landing formalities and that it will be done at Toronto Airport. I am planning to stay there for a few weeks.

1. Can i stay in Toronto and leave to come back later to settle permanently in Saskatchewan?
2. Can i give the PR card address to my contact in Toronto?

appreciate if someone can shed some light on it or have heard of anyone sucessfuly doing it.
1) Yes you can
2) This depend on the official you meet at the airport if they let you do so.

arsdat

Apr 23, 2022
@arsdat @labataille16 - It would help immensely,. if you could share your experience. I am planning to do a soft landing in July 2022.

Open Questions:
1. During the pandemic, soft landing was discouraged. Is it still the case? If so, what proofs do the officers look for?
2. Would it be ok to give them my friend's address? Or are they looking for a lease under my name?
3. My COPR says port of entry is Toronto. Can I still go to Vancouver and complete my PR related steps and apply for SIN?
1. you can do soft landing. they just asked COPR, passport and canada address.
2. Yes friend address is fine
3. Not sure on this. I think you can.

Visavie

Star Member
Jan 27, 2020
Hi All

Please advise.
Thanks much in advance.
hey man,

wondering if all went well for your soft landing! did you get your cards ? no surprise queries from IRCC while you were away ?

Thank you

canadavisaagg

Nov 29, 2022
Hello, has anyone here used UPS mailbox address for PR? I am trying online/FB groups to see if I can use a friend address at FB (I dont know anyone in Canada), can someone here confirm if UPS mailbox works? Has anyone used it? Please help

Paradise

Dec 19, 2011
Hi All

Please advise.
Thanks much in advance.
Hi,

Did you manage to get your PR card?

I have got PPR request under PGP category. I assume, will have to do my landing by July 2023, as my medical was done last July 2022. Is there a possibility that I can land and stay for 10 days apply for SIN and apply for PR card and return back to my home country. I need to settle back home and resign my job etc before I think of permanently settling in Canada.

Would be thankful if someone here can explain.

Reactions: tonisg18