20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
But that is so un-Canadian!
What did you expect from a government? They all want your money to pay for their over-compensated union employees.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
What did you expect from a government? They all want your money to pay for their over-compensated union employees.
The government is actually good. They are giving people money. They are even talking about having universal income in future. That is truly Canadian! :D

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
The government is actually good. They are giving people money. They are even talking about having universal income in future. That is truly Canadian! :D
You are welcome to give all the extra income to them. I don't want my tax dollars going to people to sit on their arse. Only two countries have Univeral income. Mongolia and Iran. Not exactly the countries I want to copy idea from.

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
You are welcome to give all the extra income to them. I don't want my tax dollars going to people to sit on their arse.
If they start giving our universal income I am going to stop working just like everyone else.

Oops I forgot those PGP applicants have to maintain their income levels till parents land.

So that's where we will get money to pay for the income programs! Woo hoo!

TicTocCroc

Mar 1, 2016
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
Doc's Request.
21-02-2017, 01-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
Thanks for the reply. Just so I close the loop here: Even if both my parents are deceased and my step-mother is all alone? Just don't want to give up on this.
There are other family sponsorship options you could try, but I think you would have to prove that she has no living relatives in her home country, and you have to have no other relatives you could sponsor or who are PRs or Citizens. I really don't think you are eligible for PGP, and should have checked this before entering the lottery, because someone who is eligible to sponsor could have had your place.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
There are other family sponsorship options you could try, but I think you would have to prove that she has no living relatives in her home country, and you have to have no other relatives you could sponsor or who are PRs or Citizens. I really don't think you are eligible for PGP, and should have checked this before entering the lottery, because someone who is eligible to sponsor could have had your place.
The OP has no chance of being able to sponsor his step-mother. There is a "alone in Canada" clause that allow you to sponsor close relatives, assuming the OP is not married, has no children, no living relative with PR status,, literally living alone in Canada. However the step mother has no blood relationship to the OP. So even that option is not available to OP.

Reactions: TicTocCroc

TicTocCroc

Mar 1, 2016
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
Doc's Request.
21-02-2017, 01-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
The OP has no chance of being able to sponsor his step-mother. There is a "alone in Canada" clause that allow you to sponsor close relatives, assuming the OP is not married, has no children, no living relative with PR status,, literally living alone in Canada. However the step mother has no blood relationship to the OP. So even that option is not available to OP.
That was the one I was thinking of, but couldn't find the page to check out if step-parents counted. Another wasted PGP spot.

abano

Mar 2, 2022
Hello all,

There's a question for my parents' application. My biological father was the PA and my Step mother was his dependent.

Current Application Status

1- Submitted the Medical results in September 2021
2- Submitted the PCC and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for PA and dependent in December 2021

Now,

Unfortunately my father the PA, passed away in the 1st week of the February. How can I update the IRCC so that my step mother can remain eligible to come to Canada

She has the valid visit visa of Canada, currently residing in Pakistan and the case is in London Visa Office.

Could anyone please comment on this

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello all,

There's a question for my parents' application. My biological father was the PA and my Step mother was his dependent.

2- Submitted the PCC and Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for PA and dependent in December 2021

Now,

Unfortunately my father the PA, passed away in the 1st week of the February. How can I update the IRCC so that my step mother can remain eligible to come to Canada

She has the valid visit visa of Canada, currently residing in Pakistan and the case is in London Visa Office.

Unfortunately, PGP doesn't include step parents.

I don't know if this is an H&C case. But if she has a visitor visa to come to Canada, it may be worth to try that way (H&C only possible when PA is in Canada). It depends on her situation in Pakistan and if you are her only "family" remaining. I will let other senior members comment on this.

Sagar125

Apr 20, 2017
Unfortunately, PGP doesn't include step parents.

I don't know if this is an H&C case. But if she has a visitor visa to come to Canada, it may be worth to try that way (H&C only possible when PA is in Canada). It depends on her situation in Pakistan and if you are her only "family" remaining. I will let other senior members comment on this.
Do you mean to say that PGP doesn't cover step-parents as standalone principal applicants? BUT in a case where parents are divorced, and father has married someone else, they could be eligible under PGP right? Asking because my case is:

"Had a question regarding PGP 2022 too and was hoping I could get some help. My parents visited Canada together as a couple in 2019 but are now divorced and since then my father has married someone else. I want to apply for their PR under PGP, and I know that 2 separate applications are to be filed and that my step-mom has to be in the income calculations too.

So can I legally sponsor my boilogical mother, my father and step mom who both would come here, and a sibling who is 20 through the PGP as long as I have had the income in the past three years? Would this be an issue?"

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello all,

Now,

You have to contact IRCC via webform to tell them that your father has passed and include a copy of the death certificate if you have one. It’s not optional you have to inform IRCC about any changes in your family composition. Unfortunately stepparents don’t usually count so application should be refused but you can certainly try. Would include that you would like your application to be considered based on H&C reasons after your father’s death. You have nothing to lose.

Reactions: YVR123 and abano

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Do you mean to say that PGP doesn't cover step-parents as standalone principal applicants? BUT in a case where parents are divorced, and father has married someone else, they could be eligible under PGP right? Asking because my case is:

"Had a question regarding PGP 2022 too and was hoping I could get some help. My parents visited Canada together as a couple in 2019 but are now divorced and since then my father has married someone else. I want to apply for their PR under PGP, and I know that 2 separate applications are to be filed and that my step-mom has to be in the income calculations too.

So can I legally sponsor my boilogical mother, my father and step mom who both would come here, and a sibling who is 20 through the PGP as long as I have had the income in the past three years? Would this be an issue?"
Your step-mother would only count as a dependent of your father. Your sibling can be included if you can get selected before they turn 22.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017

Your question has been answered in a different discussion.

As replied by others, you need 2 applications, 1 for each of your parents and it will include spouses as dependent (e.g. your step mom) and children under age of 22. (e.g. your sibling under one of the applications)