+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

stdy permit refused-India student

soulhunting

Oct 24, 2016
Hi All,

My study permit has been refused, it was my first attempt. I have applied for a post graduate diploma in strategic marketing at George Brown College.

I am 29 years old and from India. I have finished my PGDBE in marketing from India but since it wasn't a great institute I wanted to start studying again for a fresh start. i have work experience of roughly 6 years.However, ,my study permit is refused and i dont understand what could be the reason of rejection.

Earlier I had enrolled myself for the Express entry program but it has expired now.

I'm confused, what can be the issue here? did they refused it because I had applied for Express entry? or is it because I have chosen a one year program?
Will changing my program help?

Please help. All any any advice will be appreciated

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soulhunting said:
Hi All,

My study permit has been refused, it was my first attempt. I have applied for a post graduate diploma in strategic marketing at George Brown College.

I am 29 years old and from India. I have finished my PGDBE in marketing from India but since it wasn't a great institute I wanted to start studying again for a fresh start. i have work experience of roughly 6 years.However, ,my study permit is refused and i dont understand what could be the reason of rejection.

Earlier I had enrolled myself for the Express entry program but it has expired now.

I'm confused, what can be the issue here? did they refused it because I had applied for Express entry? or is it because I have chosen a one year program?
Will changing my program help?

Please help. All any any advice will be appreciated
EE has nothing to do with your Study Visa, Apply for GCMS/Caips notes to know the real reason, why the Visa has been refused, there can be end number of reason because of which Visa cab be rejected.

soulhunting

Oct 24, 2016
yes, i have now applied to get CAIPS notes. the helpdesk informed that they will send it in 5 weeks. I will only have one month left by then because my course starts in Jan. Do you think its advisable to apply for the second time?

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

soulhunting said:
yes, i have now applied to get CAIPS notes. the helpdesk informed that they will send it in 5 weeks. I will only have one month left by then because my course starts in Jan. Do you think its advisable to apply for the second time?

Only when there is a 'substantial change' in your profile.

soulhunting

Oct 24, 2016
what do you mean by "substantial change".

Once i receive the CAIPS notes, i will make the changes to the profile and then submit it.

garyastudent

Sep 3, 2014
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
soulhunting said:
what do you mean by "substantial change".

Once i receive the CAIPS notes, i will make the changes to the profile and then submit it.
Substantial change could be anything, change in the Course of Study, Change in the Financial Situation or adding a lot of documents for the GAP after last education (If applies) these are the major changes that I can think of for the Student Visa.

But if I were you I wouldn't take a risk of applying for the 2nd time without looking at the reason for rejection.

Hope that makes sense...

soulhunting

Oct 24, 2016
hi All,

I have now received my CAIPS notes and the visa officer has mentioned the below reasons for refusal of my study permit:

1)He is not satisfied that I will leave the country after the authorized stay(am assuming my earlier try for express visa made him believe so)

2) It also mentions that my career path is not logical as per my past studies and employment history (I did complete my PGDBE in Marketing but due to job issues due to recession I settled down for an Executive Assistants job and I applied for a course in Strategic Marketing at Canada so that it would benefit me get a good Marketing job in India)

I intend to apply for Study permit again.I don't have any intentions to stay back anyway.

*Will a recommendation or reference letter by my current boss help if he states that they will employ me back for a marketing role in the same organisation? to be honest he is the one who suggested that I do a course in Marketing overseas so that i can change my career path and get good roles too.

May i request help here. . it would be great if anyone can also connect me to somehow who can help me build a good SOP too

Thanks

May i request someone to please help me here.

kamal1334

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Niagara Falls
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Hi,
that reference letter could be used as "ties" in your home country. So,that's good ,now that the " I don't think you will return back" issue is gone.
Now you can focus on the sop,sadly I cannot help you with that, hope you find somebody more "experienced" in writing sop's.

Annam

Nov 23, 2016
My visa got rejected Its stated that:

Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of your qualifications, previous studies, employment , level of establishment , language abilities, or your future prospects and plans.
But its not the exact reason i guess..

My profile
Tenth:84%, inter:83%, engg (ece):65% worked for 10 months as a trainee (embedded systems) , pgdm (finance) 75%, worked for 1.8 years in amazon as a accounts payables analyst applied for douglas college project management British columbia n submitted the visa through Bangalore Vfs on Nov 17th got on Dec 1st as rejection ..this is really sad:(.. sop was also strong still rejected..

Wt do u suggest me to do now..please help..

Also I don't want to change the college n coarse now as they might get suspicious about me... so what are the chances of visa if I apply for the same with a strong sop now for May?

Also Can you please let me know what are the required documents while re applying for May 2017 and when can i submit it?and how long will it take for them to respond under general category?not wt is caips? How to apply it? Please suggest if I can make a better sop n get the visa for may 2017 now:(((((

rish261193

Star Member
Aug 31, 2016
Well it happend to a friend of mine, she did her btech in comp science from india and applied for Pr and Event mgmt. Her visa got rejected under the same reason. she got connected with the clg she applied to, and got a letter from them stating how the pr course can help her with her previous degree. she submitted that letter and got the permit. She joined the course 2 weeks late as any clg/uni allows students to join in upto 2 weeks.

Annam

Nov 23, 2016
Thank you so much for the response rish. .. can u please suggest if I just get my sop strong will be able to get the visa? I'll try my best to speak to the clgs ppl for a lether of recommendation too.. pleas help