+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status removed from ECAS

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jorgecmb said:
ECAS is down for everyone, don't worry just yet.
Not everyone. Check out the refugee forums and you'll see most of people get updates on ECAS. Looks like CIC shifted resources paid by economic migrants to pay and serve their populist promises.

jorgecmb

Jul 22, 2015
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
SPVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-08-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2016
Canadaistheway said:
Not everyone. Check out the refugee forums and you'll see most of people get updates on ECAS. Looks like CIC shifted resources paid by economic migrants to pay and serve their populist promises.
I meant us, economic migrants, just to help the follow forum member who might be worried about being left behind. Don't want to turn this into a political debate but, imho, as refugees are in danger and human lifes is top priority, I agree that - considering what you state is true - they've made the right move.

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jorgecmb said:
I meant us, economic migrants, just to help the follow forum member who might be worried about being left behind. Don't want to turn this into a political debate but, imho, as refugees are in danger and human lifes is top priority, I agree that - considering what you state is true - they've made the right move.
Don't get me wrong. I am all for helping people in need as much as I can. The problem is that it has to be my own choice. I put my hard earned money toward processing my application. Now they serve another purpose without even asking for my permission. Last but not least, they take all the credit. So yes, I do have the right to be mad.

vishalv

Jul 5, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
ADVO
App. Filed.......
22-07-2016
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2016
LANDED..........
12-03-2016
Canadaistheway said:
Don't get me wrong. I am all for helping people in need as much as I can. The problem is that it has to be my own choice. I put my hard earned money toward processing my application. Now they serve another purpose without even asking for my permission. Last but not least, they take all the credit. So yes, I do have the right to be mad.
Touche ::)

White knight 22

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadaistheway said:
100% agree with you

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
vishalv said:
Right? I know very little about Canadian politics and never been there, but feels like we are a burden for the current government given the current pace of PPRs for economic migrants. John McCallum was giving a press conference on immigrants yesterday and he didn't even bother to touch economic migrants. Here: youtube dot com/watch?v=YI3IwcfxlBc

Now I wonder why so many people were complaining about Chris Alexander.

wsdlk

Feb 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jorgecmb said:
Well, I'm moved to tears.

jorgecmb

Jul 22, 2015
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
SPVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-08-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2016
You got me wrong. Of course I am mad with them as well, they are making very clear that we are NOT their priority and my money got into that as well. The same way you choose to help those in need, they did too. We just went down the priority scale. It doesn't mean we are not going to get our PRs, it's just going to get a bit longer. And we all knew it could take even longer than 6 months to get our applications processed, as they only promissed to try and stay inside this deadline: Our goal is to process most complete applications received under Express Entry in six months or less. (Source: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-ec.asp)

Once again: I am NOT happy with their decision, but I understand it as it concerns more urgent matters: human lifes.

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jorgecmb said:
You got me wrong. Of course I am mad with them as well, they are making very clear that we are NOT their priority and my money got into that as well. The same way you choose to help those in need, they did too. We just went down the priority scale. It doesn't mean we are not going to get our PRs, it's just going to get a bit longer. And we all knew it could take even longer than 6 months to get our applications processed, as they only promissed to try and stay inside this deadline: Our goal is to process most complete applications received under Express Entry in six months or less.

Once again: I am NOT happy with their decision, but I understand it as it concerns more urgent matters: human lifes.
I see your point and respect your position. But think about it. If you went to a grocery store and bought two bags of milk and at the checkout counter they charge your card but only give you one bag and say rest of the money has gone to the homeless even though you never agreed and you need exactly two bags. Not to mention that you just gave five dollars to the homeless guy in front of the store. How would you feel?

Of course, I am grossly exaggerating but that's roughly what I feel now.

MigooMigoo

Nov 16, 2015
I have to agree .. For me for example my wife is starting her masters course next semester (Jan 2016) and I need to prove that our application is being processed to be able to pay domestic fees instead of international fees and the only way the university will accept proof is a printout from the ECAS website saying that. Now if I don't get a proof by the end on Jan it will const me no less than $15,000 .. And this is something that wasn't planned for at all. My wife will loose her seat in the MAsters program if that happens. So I have to agree that I'm not very happy about being pushed back like that without being notified or given another option. I strongly agree with the help of refugees and this is for sure a number 1 case/issue but they should have solved it a better way instead of screwing us over.

wsdlk

Feb 24, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadaistheway said:
I see your point and respect your position. But think about it. If you went to a grocery store and bought two bags of milk and at the checkout counter they charge your card but only give you one bag and say rest of the money has gone to the homeless even though you never agreed and you need exactly two bags. Not to mention that you just gave five dollars to the homeless guy in front of the store. How would you feel?

Haha a typical case of moral kidnapping which always prevails after all.

jorgecmb

Jul 22, 2015
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
SPVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-05-2015
Nomination.....
17-07-2015
AOR Received.
13-08-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Done....
27-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
22-01-2016
Canadaistheway said:

Never thought of it in that way... maybe you are right. Nevetheless, we will get what we payied for, as RPRF will be refunded if our application is rejected in the end. But it will certainly take longer than expected and we feel neglected by the Government.

Sorry about all this debate. It's just that coming from a place where 6,000+ people are murdered every year and no one gives a s**t about it, I kind of feel how important it is to help those in need.

Canadaistheway

Dec 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jorgecmb said:
Never thought of it in that way... maybe you are right. Nevetheless, we will get what we payied for, as RPRF will be refunded if our application is rejected in the end. But it will certainly take longer than expected and we feel neglected by the Government.

Sorry about all this debate. It's just that coming from a place where 6,000+ people are murdered every year and no one gives a s**t about it, I kind of feel how important it is to help those in need.
I think such debates are helpful. I thank you for raising these counter-arguments. I think by addressing these, more people would be vocal thus delivering our message to CIC. Otherwise, we come out like ignorant jerks for raising our concerns.

Again, the issue is not the helping. Problem is that our money is being used to do that WITHOUT our permission and no credit whatsoever. Not to mention that these refugees are mostly in Lebanon and Jordan where it is safe so I don't see why they couldn't be kept safe there until they get proper processing.

anarsoul

Jul 12, 2014
jorgecmb said:
refugees are in danger and human lifes is top priority
The problem is they're taking refugees from refugee camps in Turkey, Lebanon, Jordan. Where there's no danger to their lives. These refugees have where to live, something to eat, phone and access to internet. Thus Canadian government saying "we're saving refugees' lives" is hypocrisy.