+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Status of fund transfer for GIC

Jul 14, 2019
I have tranferred my funds ($10,300CAD) for GIC in scotia bank on 9 July 2019 from sbi bank and today is 14 July 2019 , still scotia bank said they have not received my payment yet. So how can i know about status of my funds? And how long it take to transfer fund in soctia bank ?

ankush0177

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Jammu
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
I have tranferred my funds ($10,300CAD) for GIC in scotia bank on 9 July 2019 from sbi bank and today is 14 July 2019 , still scotia bank said they have not received my payment yet. So how can i know about status of my funds? And how long it take to transfer fund in soctia bank ?
I transferred the funds on 28th June and got the only reply as well as the GIC Letter on 10th. I did get the swift copy on 29th June itself. So be patient and ask your bank for the swift copy if you still haven't. It'll take 10-11 days and you'll the get the GIC confirmation.

Rupinder2050

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
I transferred on 4th July nd still no response from Scotiabank.I did wire transfer from ICICI money2world.
Except Holiday (1july), Saturdays and Sundays it's been 7 days so I hope I'll get gic on Monday or Tuesday.
Actually majority of the students take the advantage of Scotiabank thats why they usually take long time compare to other banks.
ICICI Canada usually take 4 to 5 days to provide gic certificate.

ankush0177

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Jammu
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
I transferred on 4th July nd still no response Scotiabank. I did wire transfer ICICI money2world.
Except Holiday (1july), Saturdays and Sundays it's been 7 days so I hope I'll get gic on Monday or Tuesday.
Actually majority of the students take the advantage of Scotiabank thats why they usually take long time compare to other banks.
ICICI Canada usually take 4 to 5 days to provide gic certificate.
yea consider waiting for at least 10-14 days including holidays.

Rupinder2050

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
yea consider waiting for at least 10-14 days including holidays.
Yeah they take upto 10 business days (except holidays). And it also depends on wire transfer, I mean if SBI has no intermediary bank to provide funds then one must get gic on time. It's like
SBI india>SBI canada.>Scotiabank
Or
SBI india>SBI Canada>other bank>Scotiabank

ankush0177

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Jammu
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Yeah they take upto 10 business days (except holidays). And it also depends on wire transfer, I mean if SBI has no intermediary bank to provide funds then one must get gic on time. It's like
SBI india>SBI canada.>Scotiabank
Or
SBI india>SBI Canada>other bank>Scotiabank
exactly right!

Jul 14, 2019
I transferred the funds on 28th June and got the only reply as well as the GIC Letter on 10th. I did get the swift copy on 29th June itself. So be patient and ask your bank for the swift copy if you still haven't. It'll take 10-11 days and you'll the get the GIC confirmation.

I have got no reply or mail from scotia bank yet, today is 17th July and around 7 days. My indian bank deducted my balance on the same day of payment but still no message is received from scotia bank yet.I'm worrying about that

ankush0177

Star Member
Nov 8, 2017
Jammu
Category........
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
I have got no reply or mail from scotia bank yet, today is 17th July and around 7 days. My indian bank deducted my balance on the same day of payment but still no message is received from scotia bank yet.I'm worrying about that
as I already told you, It took almost 13 days for me and sometimes it takes even more. IDK what is there to worry about