Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
Hello all,
I am in very critical situation regarding my status in Canada and I am in need of your valuable suggestion.

My Open Work Permit will expire on September 19, 2015. Recently, I got PNP approval letter and is going to apply for PR in next week. My concern, if anybody is applying for PR inside Canada, can he legally stay in Canada and will he be under implied status until he receive his PR application approval?

According to new immigration law, if somebody wants to extend his Open Work Permit exempt from LMIA, both the employer and employee need to pay a fee to cic and need to provide some documents as well. My employer is rejected me to pay the fee and to provide the documents to cic. Since, I already applied for the extension of open work permit, I think cic will not approve my application and I guess I will get reply from cic after the expiry date of my present open work permit. I do not want to leave Canada and if so happen to me, then could you guys tell me what would be the best option for me?

Your valuable suggestions would greatly be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Maheen

Quink

Oct 28, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2014
AOR Received.
30-04-2015 (EP and UCI)
Med's Request
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015 (ECAS updated 20-05-2015)
VISA ISSUED...
IP update 26-8-2015, DM 14-9-2015, READY FOR VISA EMAIL 21-9-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015 (PR Card received 13-01-2016)
Did you mean 2015 instead of 2016? If you've still got 13 months until your permit expires then you'll probably be all good if you get your PR application sent off ASAP.

maheen4u

Jul 31, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
30-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-11-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application package
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Done....
Upfront Medical done and sent with application package
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
Hi Quink,
You are right. It was a "typo" i.e it would be 2015.

delta304

Feb 6, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maheen4u said:
Hello all,
I am in very critical situation regarding my status in Canada and I am in need of your valuable suggestion.

My Open Work Permit will expire on September 19, 2015. Recently, I got PNP approval letter and is going to apply for PR in next week. My concern, if anybody is applying for PR inside Canada, can he legally stay in Canada and will he be under implied status until he receive his PR application approval?

According to new immigration law, if somebody wants to extend his Open Work Permit exempt from LMIA, both the employer and employee need to pay a fee to cic and need to provide some documents as well. My employer is rejected me to pay the fee and to provide the documents to cic. Since, I already applied for the extension of open work permit, I think cic will not approve my application and I guess I will get reply from cic after the expiry date of my present open work permit. I do not want to leave Canada and if so happen to me, then could you guys tell me what would be the best option for me?

Kind Regards,
Maheen
[/quote
as per new wp rules . u cant apply open
work permit if your employer name on pnp
approval letter. u must have to apply closed one
with pay by u and your employer. if your employer
doesnt want then u might get trouble. without his
help u cant carry on your any status for next 10 month.
current processing time is abt 10 months so it
really hard for u to sustain any status untill that.
i dont know what to tell u but best is try to get help
from your employer. other options r thin n cant be
solution. its my advise but get more help from here
good luck.

dhillonavjot

Jul 21, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
maheen4u said:
Hello all,

Kind Regards,
Maheen
Really good question.

Can we please get more responses on this matter? 8)

mukesh81

Mar 5, 2015
dhillonavjot said:
Really good question.

dhillonavjot said:
Really good question.

maheen4u said:
Hello all,

Kind Regards,
Maheen
Hey Maheen ,

Try to find another employer but you have to get same job and same position and then contact with pnp office then tell them whole situation if you lucky they will change your employer and give you new pnp letter to apply PR. but any how you have to find new employer or try to find any consultant but they charge money alot. it happen to one of my friend but luckily he find employer and get job in same noc code. otherwise no choice dear you have to leave country .

dhillonavjot

Jul 21, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mukesh81 said:
Hey Maheen ,

Try to find another employer but you have to get same job and same position and then contact with pnp office then tell them whole situation if you lucky they will change your employer and give you new pnp letter to apply PR. but any how you have to find new employer or try to find any consultant but they charge money alot. it happen to one of my friend but luckily he find employer and get job in same noc code. otherwise no choice dear you have to leave country .
Mukesh,

Did you even bother reading through his post? He already has the nomination letter,he DOES NOT need to change the employer or get a new job with similar NOC code to get a PNP letter.

Please refrain from misguiding people here ! You need to get your facts right before advising applicants to do something that might jeopardize their future.

mukesh81

Mar 5, 2015
dhillonavjot said:
Mukesh,

Did you even bother reading through his post? He already has the nomination letter,he DOES NOT need to change the employer or get a new job with similar NOC code to get a PNP letter.

Please refrain from misguiding people here ! You need to get your facts right before advising applicants to do something that might jeopardize their future.
hey navjot,

you should try to understand her situation i don't say that she can not get PR i just say that she can't get workPermit (close ) if her employer refuse to pay Employer compliance fee and providing business details . my friend has been this situation before that's why i say that find another employer to keep your status legal.

maheen4u

Jul 31, 2013
Manitoba, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-08-2015
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
30-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-11-2015
IELTS Request
Sent with Application package
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Done....
Upfront Medical done and sent with application package
Interview........
Waiting
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Inland Applicant
Hello all,

Here is an update of my Work Permit Extension Application. I think this information would help someone who is facing that kind of critical situation like me regarding the status.

I got my new extended work permit till Mar 2018. I applied for my work permit as a dependent from my spouse's My CIC account (along with her Study Permit Extension application) since my spouse is a student here. I did not change my employer. Even I neither submitted any documents from my employer nor my employer did pay the fees to CIC regarding my work permit extension application. My first work permit was valid from Sep 2013 to Sep 2015 and my new work permit is valid till Mar 2018 (until my passport get expire) i.e CIC has been given me working opportunity for more than 4 consecutive years.