+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statuary Questions - Urgent Help Required

chauhanbikramjeet

Oct 2, 2017
For Statuary questions, just wanted to confirm if I am thinking straight. I got my STUDENT visa refused in 2011 for USA but I applied again in 2013 and received it. For Statuary question 1, I want to put "No" since it does not mention student visa and for Question 2, I want to say Yes and explain. IS it accurate to say "No" to Question 1 and "Yes" to Question 2?

1. Has XYZ been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has XYZ ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?:

shaks_great

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
For Statuary questions, just wanted to confirm if I am thinking straight. I got my STUDENT visa refused in 2011 for USA but I applied again in 2013 and received it. For Statuary question 1, I want to put "No" since it does not mention student visa and for Question 2, I want to say Yes and explain. IS it accurate to say "No" to Question 1 and "Yes" to Question 2?

1. Has XYZ been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has XYZ ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?:
Answer to both the questions should be "YES" and same explanation should be given for both the questions.

In Question 1, it say "Temporary Resident Visa" for which student visa qualifies.

Last edited:

chauhanbikramjeet

Oct 2, 2017
But, I see conflicting views online. In the post that you posted in Dec 2017 - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/statutory-questions.535123/#post-6604164

@DelPiero07 responded Yes to both questions. I believe the intention there was that you had a student visa AND a STUDY Work PERMIT refused. So, if it is STUDY work permit, it falls within temporary resident visa. But if it is Student visa, I am still not certain if it falls within Temporary Resident Visa category or not. I would appreciate it if you can provide more insight into this. Thank you!

shaks_great

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
But, I see conflicting views online. In the post that you posted in Dec 2017 - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/statutory-questions.535123/#post-6604164

@DelPiero07 responded Yes to both questions. I believe the intention there was that you had a student visa AND a STUDY Work PERMIT refused. So, if it is STUDY work permit, it falls within temporary resident visa. But if it is Student visa, I am still not certain if it falls within Temporary Resident Visa category or not. I would appreciate it if you can provide more insight into this. Thank you!
If you see that post, it was my query for same issues and @DelPiero07 has responded the same to me. Hence i can confirm this to you. I had a Student Visa Refusal and also a Study Work Permit.

Well i was also told by seniors that better to answer yes for both questions and give same reason to be safe. There is no harm in it. I did the same.

Last edited: