+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statutory questions

shaks_great

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
I would like to know how would the answers to the Statutory Questions affect my application. These two particular questions are my concern:

1. Has [name of applicant] been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has [name of application] ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

Should I answer 'Yes' to the both questions above or only one of them if i have been refused US student visa back in 2008 and a UK post study work permit was initially refused in 2010 due to incomplete documents and was issued immediately when i made a fresh application with all documents.

I am little confused with what is Temporary Resident Visa. Does it mean study or work visa?

Last edited:

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes to both, you can include the same explanation to both sections.

Provide an upfront Schedule A as it is a common request later on to those who answer "yes" to any of the statutory questions.

shaks_great

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Yes to both, you can include the same explanation to both sections.

Provide an upfront Schedule A as it is a common request later on to those who answer "yes" to any of the statutory questions.
Thanks.

Which section to fill in Schedule A and where I can attach it upfront? I mean which section i can upload it?

shaks_great

Star Member
Jul 25, 2017
Merge everything in one PDF.
In Schedule A , I have below two questions. I am sure but just want to confirm that in my case, I have to answer YES to question [d] and NO to question [e].

d) been refused refugee status, an immigration or permanent resident visa (including a certificate de selection du quebec ....) or visitor or temp resident visa - YES

e) been refused admission to,or ordered to leave Canada,or any Country - NO

Question e in Schedule A is not the same as Statutory Questions in EE Application, correct?

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018
Hi all. I have answered yes to both questions, and in the EE profile I've mentioned the exact wording of the rejection letter. Do I necessarily have to explain this in LOE as well?

rami2018

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Hi all. I have answered yes to both questions, and in the EE profile I've mentioned the exact wording of the rejection letter. Do I necessarily have to explain this in LOE as well?

Hi,

Did you explain the visa rejections in the LOE?

rami2018

Star Member
Apr 24, 2018
Guys,

Need to clear a doubt - when creating the EE profile, there is a part "Has **** applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before? "

In 2015 I applied for a student visa and got rejected. I checked in the refusal document and found the UCI number. When creating the EE profile should I select "Yes" for "Has ****** applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?" and mention the UCI number? Would this create an issue in receiving ITA?

sam3218

Champion Member
Jan 25, 2013
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-07-2018
AOR Received.
07-07-2018
Passport Req..
06-11-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2018

JulesScotland

Jan 17, 2019
I would like to know how to answer the Statutory Questions -

1. Has [name of applicant] been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has [name of application] ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

My application was cancelled/rejected as I submitted the wrong police criminal check. I am now resubmitting my application with the correct form however I am a little unsure what to answer for the above questions. Any help appreciated.