+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Statutory questions

drmadhvendra

Oct 30, 2018
i have a similar query,

I have a tourist visa refusal, and i answered NO to the first question in the EE profile and asnwered Yes and gave description for the second question in the EE.

Now should i raise a CSE and explain my mistake or is it ok. I am quite certain i will not be charged for misrepresentation because i have answered yes and given reasons in the second questions.

guys please help urgently as i have already got my MEP.

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
i have a similar query,

I have a tourist visa refusal, and i answered NO to the first question in the EE profile and asnwered Yes and gave description for the second question in the EE.

Now should i raise a CSE and explain my mistake or is it ok. I am quite certain i will not be charged for misrepresentation because i have answered yes and given reasons in the second questions.

It’s ok as long as u have acknowledged that

jaffaral

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2014
Category........
Other
Ok thanks,
1) I was advised by others to raise a CSE and explain.
I had two different type of refusal pnp and work permit. I used the first one to explain my pnp refusal and second one to explain my permit refusal. So far I see in my gcms a note that applicant acknowledged refusals. That’s another thing that I m in SS

gideondaniel

Feb 21, 2019
Hi There, need urgent support to help me answer below question.

My UK post study work was rejected due to error in my application. Should I answer yes only for the 1st question or yes for both questions.

Since i was not denied entry for any country. I am little confused on these questions. Kindly help

1. Has [name of applicant] been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has [name of application] ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?

K_T

Sep 16, 2018
Yes to both, you can include the same explanation to both sections.

Provide an upfront Schedule A as it is a common request later on to those who answer "yes" to any of the statutory questions.
Hey DelPiero- I wished I had seen this post earlier. Here is my situation and I would really appreciate if you or other senior members can help me with - I had replied NO to the first question and YES to the second one as I was a bit confused with the wording as there is an overlap. Should I raise a CSE and explain it or should I let it be - because in a way I am giving the information about rejection of my tourist visa?

Pt0102

Jul 25, 2019
Hi There, need urgent support to help me answer below question.

My UK post study work was rejected due to error in my application. Should I answer yes only for the 1st question or yes for both questions.

Since i was not denied entry for any country. I am little confused on these questions. Kindly help

1. Has [name of applicant] been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has [name of application] ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?
Hi - did you get the PR? Was your application approved?

rex230

Dec 9, 2019
Hey DelPiero- I wished I had seen this post earlier. Here is my situation and I would really appreciate if you or other senior members can help me with - I had replied NO to the first question and YES to the second one as I was a bit confused with the wording as there is an overlap. Should I raise a CSE and explain it or should I let it be - because in a way I am giving the information about rejection of my tourist visa?
Did you get the PR?

rex230

Dec 9, 2019
i have a similar query,

Could you please share any updates on this ? I am in a similar situation .

Javeriya

Jan 20, 2020
I would like to know how to answer the Statutory Questions -

My application was cancelled/rejected as I submitted the wrong police criminal check. I am now resubmitting my application with the correct form however I am a little unsure what to answer for the above questions. Any help appreciated.
Hi,
Can you please advice what options did you select? As i have similar situation
Thanks

Khushi0804

Jan 29, 2020
Hi all. I have answered yes to both questions, and in the EE profile I've mentioned the exact wording of the rejection letter. Do I necessarily have to explain this in LOE as well?
@sam3218 : Hi Sam,

I am in a similar situation. I have US student visa rejection. Please advise if i need to answer "yes" to both the questions? Also, should i explain about it in LOE? Please advie.

Thank You

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hello folks,

I need your help. I had applied for student UK visa in 2008(twice) and was refused.
It completely slipped my mind I have mentioned "NO" in statuary question.
My application is under process and have also added the spouse.
Please suggest what needs to be done.

AishB

Sep 29, 2020
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
AOR Received.
13-02-2021
Passport Req..
30-08-2022
Hello folks,

I need your help. I had applied for student UK visa in 2008(twice) and was refused.
It completely slipped my mind I have mentioned "NO" in statuary question.
My application is under process and have also added the spouse.
Please suggest what needs to be done.
@legalfalcon Please, require your input here.

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
@legalfalcon Please, require your input here.

All visa refusals should be disclosed. IF you are unaware of any, you can explain it in LoE. If you did not disclose it in your application, you can send a webform and inform IRCC of the same.

All your visa refusals should be declared in your application, not doing so can lead to misrepresentation. As per law you have an obligation to be truthful. Section 16(1) of the IRPA states:
  • 16 (1) A person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and documents that the officer reasonably requires.

See Tuiran v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 324 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr59k
Alalami v. Canada (Citizenship and Immigration), 2018 FC 328 (CanLII), <http://canlii.ca/t/hr6r1>

Reactions: AishB

m4nu3lex

May 28, 2019
I would like to know how would the answers to the Statutory Questions affect my application. These two particular questions are my concern:

Should I answer 'Yes' to the both questions above or only one of them if i have been refused US student visa back in 2008 and a UK post study work permit was initially refused in 2010 due to incomplete documents and was issued immediately when i made a fresh application with all documents.

I am little confused with what is Temporary Resident Visa. Does it mean study or work visa?
Hello Experts!

I mistakenly answered No to the first and Yes to the second question disclosing only Canada study permit refusals. However, I forgot to mention a US visitor visa was denied back in 2013 (approved later in 2017) I understand I should have answered also Yes to the first question, but unfortunately, it slipped my mind as I never disclosed this in my previous study permit and PGWP applications to IRCC and both applications were eventually approved.
I submitted my application yesterday Dec 28th and I am concerned that this honest mistake could negatively affect my PR application.

Please advise what should I do. Thank you!