+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup visa success rate?

ankitpanchal

Sep 2, 2019
Hello, everyone.

I recently got selected for SUV program by Manitoba based business incubator called Biomedical commercialization (Operating as Manitoba Technology Accelerator). I am about to receive "Letter of Support" by the end of this week. But I am worried about the further process. As I have working business in INDIA. I've heard CIC does reject 45% of application for PR through SUV even after receiving "Letter of Support".

Is it true? How can i make sure that my application doesnt get rejected by CIC? and also shed some lights on further process of PR and W.P. for SUV.

Thank you in advance.

Reactions: Zaeem khan

dahbour98

Mar 19, 2018
Hi there, thank you for your comments in all the posts in the forum it really helped me clear a lot of confusions

can you give me a high-level for the whole SUV process?
what is Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) , and why I need to apply for WP
when can I apply for WP? can I apply from backhome ?
and when I can receive my PR card as canadaian ?

thanks

viberuz

Jul 6, 2020
Hi there,

We have been accepted by an Angel. Does anybody here have a similar experience?
Although an incubator has accepted us, we intend to proceed with the Angel. The problem is that the Angel has demanded a weird amount of fee ( 350K including operational costs of new Candian company and paperwork such as term sheet, shareholder agreements, commitment certificate, and so forth. Also, there is a potential VC for us. There are three options, but we have a grave concern about the future fees they will likely impose on us.
Pls note many Angel Networks who support SUV are not for profit they have member who invest the required 75k a/h the LOS is issued after Due Deligence and other Validation process, a Canadian designated VC or Angel can never be hanky panky laws are extremely stringent and no one will do a fraud. Pls understand the requirements and term sheets well and then take a plunge 99/100 start up fail this is for PR so investors are looking for a brilliant biz and co founders to give u the money and letter of support and u get the PR if tomorrow you don’t start the biz or run it down how does it impact the Angel so pls review wth open mind...I am under validation for SUV with Angel so PM me to discuss.

SSP13

Oct 29, 2020
Hello Viberuz,
Am exploring the SUV program and would really appreciate if you can provide your email id to discuss this offline please.
Thanks

SSP13

Oct 29, 2020
Hello Viberuz,
Am exploring the SUV program and would really appreciate if you can provide your email id to discuss this offline please.
Thanks
Hello,
Am unable to pm due to system limitation.
Is it possible to have your email to discuss this offline?
Thank you,

drjets

Nov 18, 2020
Hello, everyone.

I recently got selected for SUV program by Manitoba based business incubator called Biomedical commercialization (Operating as Manitoba Technology Accelerator). I am about to receive "Letter of Support" by the end of this week. But I am worried about the further process. As I have working business in INDIA. I've heard CIC does reject 45% of application for PR through SUV even after receiving "Letter of Support".

Is it true? How can i make sure that my application doesnt get rejected by CIC? and also shed some lights on further process of PR and W.P. for SUV.

Thank you in advance.
Hey! Ankit what is your status?

SSP13

Oct 29, 2020
Hello, everyone.

Thank you in advance.
Hi Ankit,
Did you get your LOS and your business plan sent for peer review?
Thanks and approciate your input,
Regards,

ankitpanchal

Sep 2, 2019
Hi Ankit,
Did you get your LOS and your business plan sent for peer review?
Thanks and approciate your input,
Regards,
Hi SSP13,

Yes, I got my LOS in Sept. and I have already applied for Work Permit. But due to Covid all timelines are messed up I guess. I have applied for Work Permit on 12th of Sept. and still haven't heard from them. i am Waiting for Work Permit then I will be applying for PR but LOS is only valid for 6 months. So, I think i'm gonna apply for PR soon.

You got your LOS?

Regards,
Ankit Panchal

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi Ankit,
Work Permit and PR have been processed in different IRCC offices. Furthermore, a work permit is just an option so the SUV applicant is able to select either apply for the work permit and PR at the same time or only apply for PR. Therefore, you shouldn't wait until having work permit approval then apply for PR => you have better apply for PR now after you got LOS to avoid waiting for a long PR processing time later on.

Reactions: viberuz