+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup visa success rate?

Zaeem khan

Jan 24, 2019
Hello, everyone.

I recently got selected for SUV program by Manitoba based business incubator called Biomedical commercialization (Operating as Manitoba Technology Accelerator). I am about to receive "Letter of Support" by the end of this week. But I am worried about the further process. As I have working business in INDIA. I've heard CIC does reject 45% of application for PR through SUV even after receiving "Letter of Support".

Is it true? How can i make sure that my application doesnt get rejected by CIC? and also shed some lights on further process of PR and W.P. for SUV.

Thank you in advance.
Did any one reply to your questions. I cant see. I want to know the same (a) Rejection rate and (b) why or what can be done to prevent.

MikeyMikeDude

Oct 3, 2018
Can anyone further the discuss the timeline on how long everything took to get?

Timeline to get your Work Permit and PR
Letter of Support and Commitment certificate

Also does your business have to be running and be currently generating profits?

Macintosh

Star Member
Mar 22, 2011
As of June 2018 ,

total application application received by IRCC 448
APPROVED 48
REFUSED 50 = > this simply shows refusal rate is more than approval in 2018. it could be even worst in 2019 as many immigration firms are asking for money and dealing with incubators to issue a Letter of Support which is in contrast with the nature of initial startup program. So, just heads up
Certainly going with a non designated incubator LOS would highly likely be refused.
Has anyone witnessed refusals with designated SUV incubators LOS?

TucoR

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
Certainly going with a non designated incubator LOS would highly likely be refused.
Has anyone witnessed refusals with designated SUV incubators LOS?
I even saw people sued Canadian government. Refusals mostly related to the background of applicants, like if they had bad immigration history. In one case, the immigration officer said, the main reason to apply for the visa was the intent to immigrate, not doing business in Canada. Canada lost the court in this case. In another case, for example, there were too many people who applied (from China) and the visa officer can't recognize who is the main applicant and refused all (lol). Startupers lost this case in court.

Last edited:

rjanaki88

Aug 1, 2021
Hello, everyone.

I recently got selected for SUV program by Manitoba based business incubator called Biomedical commercialization (Operating as Manitoba Technology Accelerator). I am about to receive "Letter of Support" by the end of this week. But I am worried about the further process. As I have working business in INDIA. I've heard CIC does reject 45% of application for PR through SUV even after receiving "Letter of Support".

Is it true? How can i make sure that my application doesnt get rejected by CIC? and also shed some lights on further process of PR and W.P. for SUV.

Thank you in advance.
Hi @ankitpanchal,

Did you get any further update on this and did you get your PR. Could you kindly share your experience with Manitoba Tech Accelerator?

Thank you!

hussain573

Star Member
Oct 13, 2014
Just accepted by Manitoba Accelerator under SUV Programm, Need to pay incubator fees then they will issue letter of support, My concern is should go with MAT or look for anyother incubator, need suggestions, should accept the offer and do the payment.

Uzul24

Mar 18, 2019
Hi everyone,I applied for the SUV program under an Angel investor .They asked me to submit my business plan and pitch deck.They are currently carrying out due diligence.
Is this a good sign ?

yulie wang

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
China
Category........
Hi everyone,I applied for the SUV program under an Angel investor .They asked me to submit my business plan and pitch deck.They are currently carrying out due diligence.
Is this a good sign ?
did you get the support letter

Uzul24

Mar 18, 2019
Ok , sorry for asking but how does the process work ?Will I get a LOS after the due diligence or will I need to present my biz plan personally to investors ?Really don't know how the process works .Pls can someone help me with the process .
Thanks .

BiancaVu

May 6, 2021
Ok , sorry for asking but how does the process work ?Will I get a LOS after the due diligence or will I need to present my biz plan personally to investors ?Really don't know how the process works .Pls can someone help me with the process .
Thanks .
Hi,
As my understanding, Angle has their own process to issue LOS. Biz plan, pitch desk or due diligence ... are main factors/regulations to get LOS.
Or, you can ask them for detail procedure.
Regards

david324

Oct 15, 2021
Hi everyone,

I’m applying for SUV and Angel investor are doing due diligence. Can anyone share their timeline about checking and reviewing ?

Thanks

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
@david324 @Uzul24 - I know there is lot of anxiety when applying and your questions are very logical, but you should be asking these questions to the Angel Group you have applied to. As each Angel group has their own process and timeline. On top of that each case is different, so even if you find another startup founder who went through the same Angel, the timeline and experience would be very different.

Just to give some context, when you go through Angel or VC they would do a deep-dive into your business plan and financials as they plan to potentially invest their money in your startup. So don't expect a quick turnaround and be prepared to go through a long due-diligence and legal paperwork. Assuming they agree to invest in your startup, then a Term Sheet needs to be negotiated and finalized, legal entity created, share agreements done, money transfered to the new entity. All this needs to happen before they can even issue the LOS.

If you know how startup investing works then you should be able to make a good estimate on how long all this process would take. And you should be upright with your Angel or VC and ask them the process and estimated time to LOS. Any reasonable Angel or VC would share that basic information.