+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup visa program timeline

Saahil Sehgal

Sep 12, 2019
Hello Experts,

I would like to know the full process of SUV, We have been doing business for more than 10 years in the Gulf. i would like to move to Canada with my family.

I checked many articles on SUV, but still not able to find accurate information and process. You have done most of the SUV part. please guide me on this.

thank you

Rach03

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Hello Experts,

I would like to know the full process of SUV, We have been doing business for more than 10 years in the Gulf. i would like to move to Canada with my family.

I checked many articles on SUV, but still not able to find accurate information and process. You have done most of the SUV part. please guide me on this.

thank you
Read this: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa.html
You'll need a designated organization to approve your business and issue you a Letter of Support, then you'll be almost ready to apply for PR, along with your fund, IELTS, etc...

Saahil Sehgal

Sep 12, 2019
Hello @Rach03
I checked this link, but I am stuck at the business proposal. like how to prepare the Business Plan, what information need to be added in the business plan and what are their standards, etc etc

Rach03

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Hello @Rach03
I checked this link, but I am stuck at the business proposal. like how to prepare the Business Plan, what information need to be added in the business plan and what are their standards, etc etc
It depends on the designated organization to be honest. All I can say is it has to prove to the organization that your business is extraordinary, innovative and job creation for Canadian. That's the original purpose of IRCC when they created this immigration program.

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Hi StrangerSUV,
I applied for the SUV program. I sent my application by mail and the courier service indicates it was received by an employee at IRCC Sydney office in Nova scotia.

Sent on: 14th April
Received mail arrived on: 17th April

I have no file number and neither does my application appear in the system yet.

I don't know if there is a way we can collectively put some pressure on IRRC to speed up their process. First off, this should have been implemented as an online application like the other PR streams.
Update on my application:
last week (12th Oct - 16th Oct 2020), IRCC confirmed that my application was received.
I had sent in on 14th April, and it arrived on 17th April, but they said that application was officially received last week, though they haven't opened it, and it isn't assigned a file number yet.
So some progress, but still a long ways

Reactions: TucoR

ng1102

Oct 21, 2020
If anyone has been successful in this program, please share your timeline.
I had Letter of support and applied for PR through startup visa program in 20 March but still have no file number. Is there anyone like me?
No. Even we are waiting for file no. We had sent application on 10th july’2020.

mosmo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
hello guys. Pls i got an update on my application requesting for proof of studies (diplomas and transcripts). Though I submitted my certificates. Not sure what i have to submit now. Do I submit my WES verification or get the transcript. Start up guys pls what did you submit. Thanks

TucoR

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020
The same. Btw I got some "insights" from the company that applies for visas massively:
"it’s going to take quite a while before we receive an Acknowledgement of Receipt as the mailrooms have slowed down dramatically since Covid "

So friends, I think we need to wait for a while. I applied 4 month ago and expect reply next summer :)

Rach03

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
The same. Btw I got some "insights" from the company that applies for visas massively:
"it’s going to take quite a while before we receive an Acknowledgement of Receipt as the mailrooms have slowed down dramatically since Covid "

So friends, I think we need to wait for a while. I applied 4 month ago and expect reply next summer :)
Omg that is so long. Mine is the same, it's been 5 months since I submitted. :(