+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup visa program timeline

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi! Any idea how much time it wld take after receipt if file no.? Can desginated agency help?
Hi,
Start-up visa
I already applied
17 months (Calculated from the date IRCC receipt of your application to the date IRCC "made the final decission"...)
You may need to give biometrics with your application. This processing time includes the time you need to give your biometrics.
You can check via the website of IRCC, this processing time is updated monthly by IRCC.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html

viberuz

Jul 6, 2020
Thank you so much guys for your quick responses.

Yes, I've taken IELTS and got more than required bands. I've also gathered POF for 6 months.

I am applying alone. But i am worried mostly for W.P.
As I have sent Email to Employer portal of CANADA regarding W.P. They verified all the information and told me to pay the employer compliance fees. That's what I am worried about. As I don't exactly get what option you have to select in "PAY YOUR FEES TOOL". and you have to pay both "Startup Visa application fees with Rights of PR" and fees for "W.P." also. right?

Further more to the application. Where you have to take the medical exam. They take the medical exam or you have can just go to any hospital for medical examination?

Thanks guys for your dearly support.
For WP POF is 52 weeks LICO hope u have planned if correctly it’s double of PR per person.

ng1102

Oct 21, 2020
Hi StrangerSUV,
I applied for the SUV program. I sent my application by mail and the courier service indicates it was received by an employee at IRCC Sydney office in Nova scotia.

Sent on: 14th April
Received mail arrived on: 17th April

I have no file number and neither does my application appear in the system yet.

I don't know if there is a way we can collectively put some pressure on IRRC to speed up their process. First off, this should have been implemented as an online application like the other PR streams.
I had sent in July’20, recd temp file number in Jan’21

ng1102

Oct 21, 2020
Thanks! Yes, but it doesn't mention paper-based applications for SUV PR. I think they are still accepting PR applications for SUV category, but they have not started to processing them.
They have sent temp file number in jan’21 for application filed in july’2020

Reactions: viberuz

Startup1

Mar 30, 2021
Friends - we got the LOS from the incubator...but there's no signature or seal or anything on it. Just a filled in IRCC form. Should there be some sort of signature or something on it?

Reactions: BiancaVu

Startup1

Mar 30, 2021
Hi,
There is no signature nor seal. It is just a standard form of LOS then filled in with all your and your cofounders personal information
Cheers
Kai
Thank you so much, Kai!! I was worried haha that they had forgot to sign or something

Startup1

Mar 30, 2021
Friends - did you staple together the forms / use paper clips to put them together? Or did you just put the papers in an envelope? I don't know if staples are allowed

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Friends - did you staple together the forms / use paper clips to put them together? Or did you just put the papers in an envelope? I don't know if staples are allowed
Don't staple. you may use paper clips, but definitely don't staple.

You can also just put your papers plainly in order without paper clips.

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Okay finalllyyy! Received an official AOR with a permanent file number. Here are my details:

Stream: StartUp Visa
Application mailed on: April 14th 2020
Application arrived: April 17th 2020
Temporary file Number email: Jan 14th 2021 (though I know it was assigned a temp file as early as Oct 2020)
Permanent file number and AOR: April 27th 2021

So I have now been able to link my application online

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
Okay, finalllyyy! Received an official AOR with a permanent file number. Here are my details:

Temporary file Number email: Jan 14th 2021 (though I know it was assigned a temp file as early as Oct 2020)

Congrats peer! great to hear. I hope everything is going well ASAP for all of us. is there any instruction letter for biometric too?
I'm July 2020 applicant, and hope for getting a permanent file number in the next few days?

hamo

Mar 15, 2020
Okay finalllyyy! Received an official AOR with a permanent file number. Here are my details:

Congratulation! Where is your home country and do you know any others can receive the AOR as well?