+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

ani123

Feb 7, 2022
Hi all,

I'm applying for a WP under SUV.

I have written a Letter of Explanation, stating that I'm a SUV applicant (and included the LoS, PoF, etc). The application requires a couple of other documents. What should be uploaded for these?

1. Proof of Business Establishment in Canada (required)
You must provide proof that the business where you intend to work is established in Canada. You can provide the business's financial reports, registration, etc.

2. Proof that you Meet the Requirements of the Job Being Offered (required)
If your intended occupation in Canada is regulated, provide evidence that the responsible provincial, territorial or professional body has granted you the required licence or certification.

mfw

Feb 14, 2022
Any help to write a email to Minister of IRCC to raise the long processing time of SUV ? There is a web form in seanfrasermp.ca in which we can write something on SUV. Really feel frustrated and no way to express …

Reactions: BiancaVu

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Any help to write a email to Minister of IRCC to raise the long processing time of SUV ? There is a web form in seanfrasermp.ca in which we can write something on SUV. Really feel frustrated and no way to express …
Use the content available on this petition: https://www.change.org/p/ircc-speed-up-the-suv-program-process-before-our-start-ups-die

Earlier we started this petition but there as well there was no reply from the IRCC officials. It's evident that SUV is not a priority for them even though it's a fraction of the overall backlog. Trying never hurts though.

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hi Friends

Finally we got WP approved!

Our timeline is:

WP submitted: November 2020

PR submitted: November 2020

Temporary No: January 2021

Congratulations - finally Ankara is moving, Very happy for you. Just waiting for UAE to just look at us too for WP.

Did they ask for any additional documents before issuing WP

pathCanada

Star Member
May 1, 2021
When are we going to get AOR!!! It's been 20 months with only temporary application number!
Maybe writing a letter with those who were with you in the same cohort, and passing the letter to your incubator/VC and then ask them to pass that to their liaison officer at the IRCC for answers work! I don’t think we’ve tried this method before:))

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
I have a small qs, for temp AOR for PR application. Our file is confirmed to have been received in the IVR (when you call the toll free to IRCC) but there is no reference of the same on GCMS notes. Is this normal? Does it mean something? or is it like yes you are in the queue now please be patient?
I am not expecting a miracle but want to know if GCMS does have gaps in the information.

shades1984

Feb 14, 2022
Hey everyone. I'm reading through this entire thread to get an accurate estimate of the SUV process. Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

My startup is going through Due Diligence with an angel investor group right now.

It's in the final stages so I think we will negotiate the term sheet within the next few weeks and then they will issue the LOS.

I am planning on applying for a WP and then getting to Canada asap so that I can build and grow my company.

How long is everyones WP taking to process on average? And is there any downside to going through the SUV process with a WP? Can I register a company with a WP or will I need PR?

Thanks and hope all of you succeed in your dreams.

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
hi, emergent question
I am uploading documents for startup visa program, through PR online portal. However, in uploading supporting documents section, I haven’t found a specific group name from the list for uploading LOS. Should I upload it as other document or as confirmation nomination? I hope somebody help me with that