Startup Visa Program Timeline

pathCanada

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Reactions: Enterprenuer702

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hey everyone. I'm reading through this entire thread to get an accurate estimate of the SUV process. Thank you all for sharing your experiences.

My startup is going through Due Diligence with an angel investor group right now.

It's in the final stages so I think we will negotiate the term sheet within the next few weeks and then they will issue the LOS.

I am planning on applying for a WP and then getting to Canada asap so that I can build and grow my company.

How long is everyones WP taking to process on average? And is there any downside to going through the SUV process with a WP? Can I register a company with a WP or will I need PR?

Thanks and hope all of you succeed in your dreams.

Answer to your qs:
1. WP timeline is dependent on how free is your local Canadian Embassy - if you are outland application meaning applying from outside Canada
2. No there is no downside for applying WP 1st and then PR. However, PR has to be applied within 6 months from LOS date
3. You can register a company in BC without having a resident partner in Canada with a having a WP. In the rest of the provinces, you need a local director,

Hope it helps.

Reactions: Entrepreneur101

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Can anyone in the forum confirm if SUV applications sent in May 2020 have received AOR?
Are you expecting a movement in the application for May 2020? Please let us know your thoughts. I know it is too long a wait (24 months). You will hit the average wait time of 30 months anytime soon.

Reactions: pathCanada

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
Can anyone in the forum confirm if SUV applications sent in May 2020 have received AOR?
Hello Dear Friend,
I heard an April 2020 applicant got AOR last month. I think the officers didn't work closely on SUVs. The Sidney VO is a paper-based office's for many streams like SUVs, Spousal, provincial applicants, etc. Mine is July 2020, and after about 20 months, no news from Jan 2021 just has a temporary file number. Unfortunately, the priority of the IRCC is on other paths.
We are in a dilemma and don't plan for our lives in origin countries, but the last trench is hope and patience.
Good Luck

moh122

Star Member
Apr 19, 2021
Hello Dear Friend,
I heard an April 2020 applicant got AOR last month. I think the officers didn't work closely on SUVs. The Sidney VO is a paper-based office's for many streams like SUVs, Spousal, provincial applicants, etc. Mine is July 2020, and after about 20 months, no news from Jan 2021 just has a temporary file number. Unfortunately, the priority of the IRCC is on other paths.
We are in a dilemma and don't plan for our lives in origin countries, but the last trench is hope and patience.
Good Luck
There is an April 2020 applicant got AOR in April 2021.

Enterprenuer702

Oct 4, 2021
Although it looks sound that the IRCC has committed to itself to pace up the processing times, there’s zero coverage or communication about how the business immigration programs will be treated. It’s always Federal Skilled Workers or Spousal Work Permits.
Correct but for SUV applicants can apply for WP and you are correct as we are not on any priority list but hoping for best anyone got any AOR this month ?

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
There is an April 2020 applicant who got AOR in April 2021.
There is an April 2020 applicant who got AOR in Jan 2021

pathCanada

Star Member
May 1, 2021
In a recent communication that an MP in Kelowna, BC had with the IRCC as regards to SUV applications, in response IRCC has said that these are rare applications with low number of cases and with the backlog we can’t give any estimate about the processing times of those. God give us strength!!

Reactions: Rakap

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
In a recent communication that an MP in Kelowna, BC had with the IRCC as regards to SUV applications, in response IRCC has said that these are rare applications with low number of cases and with the backlog we can’t give any estimate about the processing times of those. God give us strength!!
Yea, they are all clueless in terms of what's going on in Canada. Afghanistan and may be now Ukraine will be their priority. Obviously IRCC doesn't care about SUV. They can bring 1000s of refugees overnight and issue government benefits but they can't work on the backlog of 1200 applications which may potentially contribute to the Canadian economy. Anyways, we are entrepreneurs, use this time to strengthen our startups, business plans and prepare for the time when we get approved.

Reactions: Rakap and mamad611

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Yea, they are all clueless in terms of what's going on in Canada. Afghanistan and may be now Ukraine will be their priority. Obviously IRCC doesn't care about SUV. They can bring 1000s of refugees overnight and issue government benefits but they can't work on the backlog of 1200 applications which may potentially contribute to the Canadian economy. Anyways, we are entrepreneurs, use this time to strengthen our startups, business plans and prepare for the time when we get approved.
They are forgetting we are Start-Ups and not SMEs. In fact, it is unethical to make a person who has already paid a hefty sum wait and allow someone else a free meal. Make 1: 1 ratio, we are not many of us.

Reactions: Daniel9988

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
They are forgetting we are Start-Ups and not SMEs. In fact, it is unethical to make a person who has already paid a hefty sum wait and allow someone else a free meal. Make 1: 1 ratio, we are not many of us.
Only ~1% of the population makes entrepreneurs. Considering this, the problems we face are also rare. We need faith and patience (a lots and lots of it) at this point. The times will come, slow but for sure.