+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Thank you for responding .

I do not have a lawyer from the start. I applied for a startup visa based on an idea with my business partner.
Well, my business partner is inland and received/approved for PR one month ago. I was inland too, but due to covid, I had to get back to my home country in 2021. so now outland.

Having said that, the procedural fairness letter is concerned all about business and incubator.

So just a question If the business is not qualifying, how can my inland partner be approved?

we both are the principal applicants.

Well, My incubator says to reply to the letter and ask a lawyer to draft a cover letter.
also, they themselves will write a supporting letter.
@SBrahma - Your case is very exceptional, I would suggest you take immediate professional help.

Another thing to note, if any one founder gets rejected then all founders' application is also rejected. So if ultimately your PR application gets rejected, then technically even your other partner's PR will get rejected.

SBrahma

Jun 22, 2019
@SBrahma - Your case is very exceptional, I would suggest you take immediate professional help.

Another thing to note, if any one founder gets rejected then all founders' application is also rejected. So if ultimately your PR application gets rejected, then technically even your other partner's PR will get rejected.

Yes, I am in the process of professional help.

My partner already has all got the PR. got sin, health card and completed all formalities one month ago.
Doesn't make sense of IRCC doing this.

but anyway I don't think they can take/revoke my partner PR since it's out of processing. right?

Last edited:
Reactions: Charlie VN

mosmo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020

My partner already has all got the PR. got sin, health card and completed all formalities one month ago.

but anyway I don't think they can take revoke my partner PR since it's out of processing.
Very good. Make sure the immigration Lawyer is true and tested. Wishing you a positive outcome.

katie.vanto

Mar 23, 2021

but anyway I don't think they can take/revoke my partner PR since it's out of processing. right?
What a special and exceptional case! We cannot give you any appropriate advice except to wish you the best of luck.
I have seen a fairness letter before, it stated clearly every single concerned issue from IRCC officer and the investigators. If you and the professional lawyer can point out and explain appropriately, so your application will be ok. Personally, I don't think IRCC missed your partner's application.

Reactions: Charlie VN

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
We could pressurize IRCC into processing our applications. I agree with comments said earlier: processing queues/lines in IRCC are subject to Canadian politics, issues and advocacies, domestic agenda. For example, IRCC could priotize and push other application down when they focus on other "categories" like Honk Kong students, Arghan refugees, e.t.c

And priorities are changing all the time. The truth is, we as the SUV are really small and a bit inconsequential, atleast in perception and a bit of reality.
Don't get me wrong, I think the petition is a good idea, and I signed it, and share it with some people in my group.

The other way is that we can research and try and help IRCC find solutions. Because solutions are the only thing that will help everyone. If we pressurize IRCC to priotize our applications, and we succeed, other people in other programs will pay the price in longer processing times for their applications.

IRCC already knows that the processing times are too long. Since we are entrepreneurs and innovators here - what things can we do? Or what ideas can we suggest to IRCC. We should apply pressure + but also we can think about helping them address root causes.

IRCCplease

Nov 20, 2021
We could pressurize IRCC into processing our applications. I agree with comments said earlier: processing queues/lines in IRCC are subject to Canadian politics, issues and advocacies, domestic agenda. For example, IRCC could priotize and push other application down when they focus on other "categories" like Honk Kong students, Arghan refugees, e.t.c

And priorities are changing all the time. The truth is, we as the SUV are really small and a bit inconsequential, atleast in perception and a bit of reality.
Don't get me wrong, I think the petition is a good idea, and I signed it, and share it with some people in my group.

The other way is that we can research and try and help IRCC find solutions. Because solutions are the only thing that will help everyone. If we pressurize IRCC to priotize our applications, and we succeed, other people in other programs will pay the price in longer processing times for their applications.

IRCC already knows that the processing times are too long. Since we are entrepreneurs and innovators here - what things can we do? Or what ideas can we suggest to IRCC. We should apply pressure + but also we can think about helping them address root causes.

Quite sure that IRCC has already known the problem - not enough manpower.

Your previous comment is basically saying "if we get the larger piece of the pie, others will get less". However, the problem is that our pie has been reduced. Many of us have invested a lot - time, money, effort, in pursuing our businesses. Our resources are not infinite.

A recent article states that IRCC has a backlog of 1.8 million applications. By then proceeding to open up new pathways for refugees, HK students, etc, they should have increased the number of staff responsible for reviewing applications. So, literally, no one has to wait as long as we all do now.

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Quite sure that IRCC has already known the problem - not enough manpower.

Your previous comment is basically saying "if we get the larger piece of the pie, others will get less". However, the problem is that our pie has been reduced. Many of us have invested a lot - time, money, effort, in pursuing our businesses. Our resources are not infinite.

A recent article states that IRCC has a backlog of 1.8 million applications. By then proceeding to open up new pathways for refugees, HK students, etc, they should have increased the number of staff responsible for reviewing applications. So, literally, no one has to wait as long as we all do now.
Yes - that's exactly my point - the govt will have other priorities. And people's pie will get reduced because what the govt re-priotizes.

If the problem is limited staff or funding - then how could we help?

Perhaps allowing applicants to optionally opt-in to pay higher fees to more guarenteed processing time? This could make some business sense for some startups or applicants.

Even if it were pre-pandemic processing timelines of about 12months , I think many applicants/startups - if given an option to have a guranteed 4-5months processing time - in exchange for a "premium fee" - I think many people would pay. If these premium fees were used to hire the additional staff to review the applicants for the premium service - then I think this makes sense. Am I going off a little too far with this or does this makes sense? What do you all think?

I think a big portion of the IRCC's budget is funded by Canadian tax payers. Even though we pay application fees, I'm not sure whether they cover IRCC's operational costs.

If the problem is limited staff because of increased immigration applications - then perhaps IRCC should increased it's budget. And we can perhaps help fund the increased budget with premium processing fees. What do you all think?

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Yes - that's exactly my point - the govt will have other priorities. And people's pie will get reduced because what the govt re-priotizes.

If the problem is limited staff or funding - then how could we help?

Perhaps allowing applicants to optionally opt-in to pay higher fees to more guarenteed processing time? This could make some business sense for some startups or applicants.

Even if it were pre-pandemic processing timelines of about 12months , I think many applicants/startups - if given an option to have a guranteed 4-5months processing time - in exchange for a "premium fee" - I think many people would pay. If these premium fees were used to hire the additional staff to review the applicants for the premium service - then I think this makes sense. Am I going off a little too far with this or does this makes sense? What do you all think?

I think a big portion of the IRCC's budget is funded by Canadian tax payers. Even though we pay application fees, I'm not sure whether they cover IRCC's operational costs.

If the problem is limited staff because of increased immigration applications - then perhaps IRCC should increased it's budget. And we can perhaps help fund the increased budget with premium processing fees. What do you all think?
Because everyone is complaining, frustrated and blaming, perhaps we can try a different approach.

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
There are only 3 ways we can try to gain IRCC attention:

1. Create Ripple effect - post this petition on your Twitter handle and # the local VO and IRCC and wait and watch
2. File individual Mamdamus application to the lower courts against IRCC to start processing your application and it takes around 1 year of time
3. As a group of SUVs appoint a lawyer and seek a way forward.

I agree with someone's comment above we are not the center of attention or are applicants for humanitarian ground and would not be entertained by lawyers or political persons to lobby. Big brands like apple and bose react to tweets about a bad product service by consumers - so expecting IRCC to react to our social media post about this petition. we need to post on FB and Social media to gain the attention of IRCC. Hope we all can sign and tweet / FB this petition for wider reach.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021
hk
Category........
BUSINESS
Hello everyone
I received the request for medical for my startup visa.
File submitted-3 march 2020
Biometric request 9 march 2020
Biometric done 12 march 2020
Additional documents requested-24 march 2021 documents submitted-30 march 2021
Second request for additional documents-September 21
Received medical request 13 November
Medical done - 17 November
thanks for ur sharing, can u share the latest news after your medical done as well?

yasminjll

Feb 15, 2021
Guys does anybody has any experience with Procedural Fairness Letter.

My AOR is August 2019, after a few docs requests, my file went under peer review in OCT 2019.
Peer review was completed after a year in OCT 2020.
Now in 2021 NOV, I have received a Procedural fairness letter.

The letter sounds very negative. The same questions are asked as compared to the time of peer review.
Any advice could help at this time.

Thank you
Sorry to hear that. However, with a concrete explanation letter you can convince IRCC. Would you please inform us from which designated organization you received your LOS, and if you had an immigration consultant?

ARMAH

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hi Friends
I'd greatly appreciate it if you kindly share your information about these questions:
Have you registered your company in canada federally or in one province?
Which type of structure did you choose?

yasminjll

Feb 15, 2021
Hi Friends
I'd greatly appreciate it if you kindly share your information about these questions:
Have you registered your company in canada federally or in one province?
Which type of structure did you choose?
Hi. Incorporation in one province (Like ON or BC) would suffice.

Reactions: ARMAH