+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

yasminjll

Feb 15, 2021
I have a concern that how do you know the process will be speeded up if reaching 1000 signatures?
I am the one who has published the petition. I have sent this petition to the offices of IRCC, Justin Trudeau, and Marco Mendicino. I didn't receive any replies, but surely they have seen my email :)
Maybe you can send the same to their offices or any email address or contact you find.

IRCCplease

Nov 20, 2021
I am the one who has published the petition. I have sent this petition to the offices of IRCC, Justin Trudeau, and Marco Mendicino. I didn't receive any replies, but surely they have seen my email :)
Maybe you can send the same to their offices or any email address or contact you find.
Thank you for creating the petition.

I have emailed IRCC and related offices, only got some automated replies from them.

I am not sure if getting 1000 signatures will do anything at all; however, I am very helpless not knowing what we could do other than this

Reactions: Rakap

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
@yasminjll - has taken a fantastic initiative to start this and we all support you for this.

I have tweeted this on Twitter marking tp the VO UAE and the representative of the Canadian Embassy UAE (
Jean-Philippe Linteau). At least the local offices would have seen this:

everyone should tweet and retweet for a better reach.

Reactions: yasminjll

yasminjll

Feb 15, 2021

vini_SUV

Jul 19, 2021
Oshawa, ON.
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sidney
Thanks for it, I don't know if it relates but whenever a goal in a petition is reached the best to do is to send it to the media so that they can ask the questions, help to understand the issues and what is happening to fix it.

IRCCplease

Nov 20, 2021
Thanks for it, I don't know if it relates but whenever a goal in a petition is reached the best to do is to send it to the media so that they can ask the questions, help to understand the issues and what is happening to fix it.
Honestly, considering there is too much we could do, signing and sharing the petition, sharing #speedupSUV on Twitter and Facebook, contacting the press (see if they could help) are the only things we could personally do.

Please, everyone, if you are concerned about the very long processing time, please consider participating in one of the said actions.

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Honestly, considering there is too much we could do, signing and sharing the petition, sharing #speedupSUV on Twitter and Facebook, contacting the press (see if they could help) are the only things we could personally do.

Please, everyone, if you are concerned about the very long processing time, please consider participating in one of the said actions.
All these efforts are good to do, but be mindful that at IRCC nothing works without high-profile lawyers filing cases or ministers feeling the heat from their voters. Since SUV numbers are soo small and non-consequential for IRCC or the decision makers, I don't forsee anything happening. Take for example the Spouse Visa, there were 100,000s of impacted applicants and their Canadian Resident/PR/Citizen spouses who pressurized the ministers and also filed a legal case, only then did it result in their applications getting priortized.

So while we should continue to try, but we also need to be realistic. I see lot of people who have applied 2-3 months ago and are getting restless, while most of us here have been waiting for almost 24 months. So hold tight and be patient.

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
All these efforts are good to do, but be mindful that at IRCC nothing works without high-profile lawyers filing cases or ministers feeling the heat from their voters. Since SUV numbers are soo small and non-consequential for IRCC or the decision makers, I don't forsee anything happening. Take for example the Spouse Visa, there were 100,000s of impacted applicants and their Canadian Resident/PR/Citizen spouses who pressurized the ministers and also filed a legal case, only then did it result in their applications getting priortized.

So while we should continue to try, but we also need to be realistic. I see lot of people who have applied 2-3 months ago and are getting restless, while most of us here have been waiting for almost 24 months. So hold tight and be patient.
I agree there are many ahead of us - but if your files move then our files will. So this effort is worth trying.

People who have pending files filed from 2019 and till June 2020, unless you move ahead our turns will take another 2 years - things need to normalize now and more than a year old files should start getting evaluated. The wait should be made shorter is our appeal.

Again we who have filed paper applications in 2020 and early 2021 should get digitized for us to see where are we in the queue. It feels like a black box - no one has an answer and 31 months is too long to hold your anxiety.

We are too tiny in number to pay attention to but we need some answer - the efforts of ours and our loved ones in our startups and also, our savings are in it. If you ask me there are many lawyers like Steven Meurrens who actually take up issues if they see something is trending on Twitter - their client base comes from that - someone will lobby for us too. it's just worth a try.

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
I agree there are many ahead of us - but if your files move then our files will. So this effort is worth trying.

People who have pending files filed from 2019 and till June 2020, unless you move ahead our turns will take another 2 years - things need to normalize now and more than a year old files should start getting evaluated. The wait should be made shorter is our appeal.

Again we who have filed paper applications in 2020 and early 2021 should get digitized for us to see where are we in the queue. It feels like a black box - no one has an answer and 31 months is too long to hold your anxiety.

We are too tiny in number to pay attention to but we need some answer - the efforts of ours and our loved ones in our startups and also, our savings are in it. If you ask me there are many lawyers like Steven Meurrens who actually take up issues if they see something is trending on Twitter - their client base comes from that - someone will lobby for us too. it's just worth a try.
I agree that we should keep trying, but we should be conscious that IRCC doesn't work on 1000 applicant's petition. If we are serious, we would need a legal case to petition the long processing time of SUV applicants and it would still take a year to go through the legal system and cost a pretty penny. If IRCC really wanted they could clear most of the applications in 2-3 months, but based on my knowledge they have only 2-4 people reviewing all SUV applications and there are no plans to change that as SUV is not a priority for them.

Even the new Immigration Minister said it would take 2-3 years for the backlog to clear, so I wouldn't expect any drastic change in the timeline - irrespective if you applied in late 2020 or 2022, it's likely to take 18-24 months without Peer Review.

To give you perspective, applicants in the Quebec Investor program have been waiting for 5+ years and they had to invest $1.2M CAD, still average waiting time has gone up to 5+ years with no progress. And there number of applicants is similar to us - about 2,000.

My point being, we all are frustrated by the delays, but it's hard to reason it out with IRCC or Immigration Ministry. The only people who could possibly make a representation on our behalf are our Incubator, Angels, and VCs; but they are least interested as all of them are making more money through program fees the longer the process is delayed.

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
I agree that we should keep trying, but we should be conscious that IRCC doesn't work on 1000 applicant's petition. If we are serious, we would need a legal case to petition the long processing time of SUV applicants and it would still take a year to go through the legal system and cost a pretty penny. If IRCC really wanted they could clear most of the applications in 2-3 months, but based on my knowledge they have only 2-4 people reviewing all SUV applications and there are no plans to change that as SUV is not a priority for them.

Even the new Immigration Minister said it would take 2-3 years for the backlog to clear, so I wouldn't expect any drastic change in the timeline - irrespective if you applied in late 2020 or 2022, it's likely to take 18-24 months without Peer Review.

To give you perspective, applicants in the Quebec Investor program have been waiting for 5+ years and they had to invest $1.2M CAD, still average waiting time has gone up to 5+ years with no progress. And there number of applicants is similar to us - about 2,000.

My point being, we all are frustrated by the delays, but it's hard to reason it out with IRCC or Immigration Ministry. The only people who could possibly make a representation on our behalf are our Incubator, Angels, and VCs; but they are least interested as all of them are making more money through program fees the longer the process is delayed.

I completely agree with your point - but for legal litigation either

1. Individual Start-Ups file a Mandamus which cost around CN 3000 to CN 5000 (one of the guys in the forum has done it with no success).
2. As a group - one of us can form a group and appoint a lawyer to seek his views and share the costs

Both of these are extreme routes and I don't know if anyone is willing to take it up.

yasminjll

Feb 15, 2021
Hi everyone!! Can’t believe, finally today received passport request letter it was a long wait since Sep 2019. Patience is the key
Congrats to you! Would you please tell us where are you from and in which visa office your application was reviewed?