Feb 15, 2021
Hi, thank you!!

AOR SEP 2019
ADR NOV 2019
MEDICALS REQUEST NOV 2019
PRE-ARRIVAL LETTER (ELIGIBILITY PASSED) JULY 2020
MEDICAL REQUEST NOV 2021
PPR NOV 2021
The timing is great! Would you please also tell us from which country you applied? Because apparently, the processing time of us Iranians is longer than you.

mosmo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
Hi everyone!! Can’t believe, finally today received passport request letter it was a long wait since Sep 2019. Patience is the key
Congratulations my friend. We can officially say start up visa is moving. All the best in your journey to Canada.

Reactions: Melkg

SBrahma

Jun 22, 2019
Guys does anybody has any experience with Procedural Fairness Letter.

My AOR is August 2019, after a few docs requests, my file went under peer review in OCT 2019.
Peer review was completed after a year in OCT 2020.
Now in 2021 NOV, I have received a Procedural fairness letter.

The letter sounds very negative. The same questions are asked as compared to the time of peer review.
Any advice could help at this time.

Thank you

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020

My AOR is August 2019, after a few docs requests, my file went under peer review in OCT 2019.

The letter sounds very negative. The same questions are asked as compared to the time of peer review.

Thank you
I would suggest to contact an immigration lawyer to handle the situation. I have not experienced this personally but seems like you are very close to getting your PR after a year long peer review, may be contacting an expert doesn't hurt. Did you contact your incubator or angel investor or VC and try to find out if they can suggest on your situation?

katie.vanto

Mar 23, 2021

Thank you
Hi SBrahma,
A Fairness letter is issued to give the applicant a chance to explain clearly issues of what IRCC and the investigation party are concerned about your project after the peer review (which contents were mentioned in your fairness letter). IRCC is waiting for your final explanation before giving the final decision. Some cases were approved and some were rejected as I know. You should work closely with your representative for giving any explanation.
Best of luck.

Reactions: Kai Nemo

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019

Thank you
@SBrahma - Sorry to hear that after all the waiting and Peer Reivew, now you have got PFL. What is their main concern that was raised in Peer Review and PFL?

From what I understand, if you get PFL with the same issues of Peer Review it means that you were not able to convince peer review about the genuineness of your business. Looks like the odds are stacked up against you, so you should try to lawyer up.

• Sad
Reactions: Kai Nemo

IRCCplease

Nov 20, 2021
@IRCCplease - what's your recommendation on ways to follow-up more with IRCC?
I saw from previous replies, that some lawyers follow up on immigrations issues that are trending on Twitter.

So, I am asking if we are using the hashtag #speedupSUV and tagging the related persons? Other than the petition, are there any ways to raise concerns?

Note that I have emailed them before - no response after all

IRCCplease

Nov 20, 2021
I agree there are many ahead of us - but if your files move then our files will. So this effort is worth trying.

People who have pending files filed from 2019 and till June 2020, unless you move ahead our turns will take another 2 years - things need to normalize now and more than a year old files should start getting evaluated. The wait should be made shorter is our appeal.

Again we who have filed paper applications in 2020 and early 2021 should get digitized for us to see where are we in the queue. It feels like a black box - no one has an answer and 31 months is too long to hold your anxiety.

We are too tiny in number to pay attention to but we need some answer - the efforts of ours and our loved ones in our startups and also, our savings are in it. If you ask me there are many lawyers like Steven Meurrens who actually take up issues if they see something is trending on Twitter - their client base comes from that - someone will lobby for us too. it's just worth a try.
Yes, exactly.

It might seem that we are too tiny in number, but pretty much together we could do something.

May I know what hashtags we should use other than "#speedupSUV"? Any recommendations?

SBrahma

Jun 22, 2019
I would suggest to contact an immigration lawyer to handle the situation. I have not experienced this personally but seems like you are very close to getting your PR after a year long peer review, may be contacting an expert doesn't hurt. Did you contact your incubator or angel investor or VC and try to find out if they can suggest on your situation?
@SBrahma - Sorry to hear that after all the waiting and Peer Reivew, now you have got PFL. What is their main concern that was raised in Peer Review and PFL?

From what I understand, if you get PFL with the same issues of Peer Review it means that you were not able to convince peer review about the genuineness of your business. Looks like the odds are stacked up against you, so you should try to lawyer up.
Hi SBrahma,
A Fairness letter is issued to give the applicant a chance to explain clearly issues of what IRCC and the investigation party are concerned about your project after the peer review (which contents were mentioned in your fairness letter). IRCC is waiting for your final explanation before giving the final decision. Some cases were approved and some were rejected as I know. You should work closely with your representative for giving any explanation.
Best of luck.

Thank you for responding .

I do not have a lawyer from the start. I applied for a startup visa based on an idea with my business partner.
Well, my business partner is inland and received/approved for PR one month ago. I was inland too, but due to covid, I had to get back to my home country in 2021. so now outland.

Having said that, the procedural fairness letter is concerned all about business and incubator.

So just a question If the business is not qualifying, how can my inland partner be approved?

we both are the principal applicants.

Well, My incubator says to reply to the letter and ask a lawyer to draft a cover letter.
also, they themselves will write a supporting letter.

Reactions: mosmo and mamad611

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
I saw from previous replies, that some lawyers follow up on immigrations issues that are trending on Twitter.

So, I am asking if we are using the hashtag #speedupSUV and tagging the related persons? Other than the petition, are there any ways to raise concerns?

Note that I have emailed them before - no response after all
Like all businesses lawyers have to make money and our case doesn't fall under pro-bono reasons of humanitarian or refugees, where lawyers do free work. So don't expect any lawyer to pick up your tweet and file a class-action case for this. Similarly, Media will pick up cases of Spouses who have been seperated for 2-3 years or grand-parents program, where families have been seperated.

Like I mentioned before there are Quebec Investor Program applicants waiting for 5+ years and they have invested 1.2M and yet they have no progress, so it's IRCC preogative on what they want to priortize or not. There is not much that we can do. You are welcome to file a case and the outcome will still be the same.

According to me, the best we can do is concentrate on building our startups and wait till our turn comes.

Reactions: katie.vanto