+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

Wildtravel

Nov 19, 2021
Hey! Im living in Canada , and i got my young professional visa , i need leave the country and come back or i can go to some office inside the country to activate my visa? Thanks

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Check the below link it gives a good perspective of the current backlog. While there is no timeline of when these backlogs would be cleared, but it's good to know where we stand and that the wait is going to be longer.

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/11/canada-has-a-backlog-of-nearly-1-8-million-immigration-applications-1119651.html

There is a backlog of following number of applications in IRCC’s inventory as of October 27, 2021 (figures are rounded):
  • 548,000 permanent residence applications
  • 776,000 temporary residence applications
  • 468,000 Canadian Citizenship applications (as of October 26)
  • 1,792,000 total applications in inventory
Out of this 1387 applications are from Startup Visas.

Reactions: yasminjll

IRCCplease

Nov 20, 2021
Is there anything we could do to somehow speed up the process? 30+ month processing time could be difficult for many startups to survive...

Reactions: Rakap

totti2007

Star Member
Sep 20, 2021
how use webform for startup visa pr application? in webform there is only express entry for online pr applications

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Check the below link it gives a good perspective of the current backlog. While there is no timeline of when these backlogs would be cleared, but it's good to know where we stand and that the wait is going to be longer.

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/11/canada-has-a-backlog-of-nearly-1-8-million-immigration-applications-1119651.html

There is a backlog of following number of applications in IRCC’s inventory as of October 27, 2021 (figures are rounded):
Hi Everyone,
As IRCC mentioned, "Number of PR applications is 1387 from Startup Visas Business.... in Persons" I wonder if "in Persons" means that number only included the Principle Applicants or also included the dependents (children & spouse,...)?
Cheers
Kai

yasminjll

Feb 15, 2021

Hi, do you think these 1387 applications also include those with temporary file numbers?

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
1387 is mentioned in immigration categories so it should be a PR application. WP is mentioned below - 73,177. I don't know how our WP application is also assessed and screened.

I wonder how many officers might be involved to review the application or AI is used to screen these applications and raise questions and push it to the next stage of assessment.

PR application should be getting processed centrally so at least a team of 3-4 people would be there if you do the math (30 months and 1400 applications and no of working days) and see the priority at which we assessed. If this is the team size then depending on the complexity of our applications we will have to wait 30 months

Last edited:
Reactions: yasminjll

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
He means if they count temporary numbers. Most people received only temporary numbers last January
In my belief "yes", it should be all as it mentions "# of the application as of Oct 2021". The reason for my understanding is that in a response to a webform they acknowledged the receipt of the PR application and we have a temp number. Also if one has filed GCMS notes, they do include your PR file reference then your file would be included in this count.

Unfortunately, there is no transparency on this topic and it is subject to interpretation. Being optimistic that we are in this count. Another article that makes a reference about the total number of applications :

160 applications in 2015 to 1,173 applications in 2019, before dipping to 719 in 2020 received by IRCC. Given that only a fraction of the application received pre-pandemic - would be left for evaluation and major ones received now (again an assumption).

https://www.mandeville.com.hk/canada-start-up-visa-suv-recent-statistics/

katie.vanto

Mar 23, 2021
1387 is mentioned in immigration categories so it should be a PR application. WP is mentioned below - 73,177. I don't know how our WP application is also assessed and screened.

I wonder how many officers might be involved to review the application or AI is used to screen these applications and raise questions and push it to the next stage of assessment.

PR application should be getting processed centrally so at least a team of 3-4 people would be there if you do the math (30 months and 1400 applications and no of working days) and see the priority at which we assessed. If this is the team size then depending on the complexity of our applications we will have to wait 30 months
Hi,
IRCC uses technology and AI to process documents on many stages recently, but not done manually by officers as your assumption :).
So, as you can see, many ADR, AOR, PPR requests, eCorp, etc. were sent 24/7.
Cheers.

Bolaji1984

Mar 3, 2020
Applied from south africa
That was fast. Some people have been waiting for update on their work permit for more than 6 months. This is so surprising cos I'm guessing you are applying from Nigeria where every application is relatively slow. Even passport submission and collection takes btw 6-8 wks.
All the best in your application.
Ird

katie.vanto

Mar 23, 2021
If reaching 1000 signatures, next step will proceed. I believe they will forward their concerns to the responsible personnel
Yes, it is theoretically. However, there are no case studies showing it has worked (or please show me a case, if I am lack knowledge), as well as no organization representing this web giving their commitment to making it work. All are word of mouths and this web collects our information.