+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hi ARMAH,
We have already registered our company since June 2021 according to our Consultant's advice and we have been attending the online training program which is called as "Post Landing Training for Business Startup".
I assume that it should be helpful for our Startup Business as well as PR & WP.
Therefore, Whether we should register our company in advance or not it is your own discretion to decide it since it is not mandatory.
Cheers
Kai
Kai I am not sure if it is optional to register/ incorporate a company in CN, As per CIC, ppl who can apply need have

Have a qualifying business

A qualifying business means you created a business that meets the following conditions.

• At the time you get a commitment from a designated organization:
    • each applicant holds 10% or more of the voting rights attached to all shares of the corporation outstanding at that time (up to 5 people can apply as owners)
      AND
    • applicants and the designated organization jointly hold more than 50% of the total voting rights attached to all shares of the corporation outstanding at that time
  • At the time you receive your permanent residence:
    • you provide active and ongoing management of this business from within Canada
    • an essential part of the operations of the business happens in Canada
    • this business is incorporated in Canada

So as per this, you need to have a company registered in CN. We have registered since Aug 2020 and celebrated an anniversary without physically meeting our company in CN so far :)

Reactions: ARMAH and mamad611

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Kai I am not sure if it is optional to register/ incorporate a company in CN, As per CIC, ppl who can apply need have

Have a qualifying business

A qualifying business means you created a business that meets the following conditions.

• At the time you get a commitment from a designated organization:
    • each applicant holds 10% or more of the voting rights attached to all shares of the corporation outstanding at that time (up to 5 people can apply as owners)
      AND
    • applicants and the designated organization jointly hold more than 50% of the total voting rights attached to all shares of the corporation outstanding at that time
  • At the time you receive your permanent residence:
    • you provide active and ongoing management of this business from within Canada
    • an essential part of the operations of the business happens in Canada
    • this business is incorporated in Canada

So as per this, you need to have a company registered in CN. We have registered since Aug 2020 and celebrated an anniversary without physically meeting our company in CN so far :)
Hi Rakap,
I am really sure that it is optional and not mandatory.
Yes, as you extracted above from IRCC website
"At the time you receive your permanent residence: "
=> "you provide active and ongoing management of this business from within Canada"
This may make us confused.
But based on my understanding & my professional consultant, "At the time" means at the same time or after or as soon as "you receive your permanent residence"...!
For more information, if you go further to click on " Peer review process" you will find the below statement :
Peer review process
The panel of experts will also:
  • ensure that the business has been or will be incorporated in Canada
  • ensure that the business ownership has been verified and meets the requirements of the Start-up Visa Program....
In which, you are able to see "ensure that the business has been or will be incorporated in Canada"
=> ".....Will be incorporated in Canada".
Furthermore, I used to see many of our friends in this forum had got PR approval under Startup Visa & come to CN to set up their companies after arrival. Please come back to the previous pages No 10-->No. 30, you will see some related timelines posted in 2019 & 2020.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/participate/peer-review.html
Cheers
Kai

Last edited:

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hello everyone after 5 months I received another set of documents requirements.
My time line
Biometric done-11 March 2020
Documents requirement 1-30 March 2021
Second documents required- 20 September 2021
Hi Dineshshristi,
Congratulations..! This means that your turn has come & your application is currently continued to be processed...!
Basing on the actual timelines which have been shared in our forum, I recognize that most of the selected applications have been processed step by step depending on the backlogs, in which:
- AOR in Nov-Dec 2019 => 2nd ADR in July 2021,...
- AOR in Jan-Feb 2020 => 2nd ADR in Aug 2021,..
- AOR in Mar-April 2020 => 2nd ADR in Sept 2021,...it is your turn now...!
The other applications which haven't been got any ADRs or the 2nd ADR yet, I assume that they "might be" sent to the "Peer Review Process", I thought.
Wish all the best for all of us
Cheers
Kai

Reactions: dineshshristi

ARMAH

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hi Dineshshristi,
Congratulations..! This means that your turn has come & your application is currently continued to be processed...!
Basing on the actual timelines which have been shared in our forum, I recognize that most of the selected applications have been processed step by step depending on the backlogs, in which:
- AOR in Nov-Dec 2019 => 2nd ADR in July 2021,...
- AOR in Jan-Feb 2020 => 2nd ADR in Aug 2021,..
- AOR in Mar-April 2020 => 2nd ADR in Sept 2021,...it is your turn now...!
The other applications which haven't been got any ADRs or the 2nd ADR yet, I assume that they "might be" sent to the "Peer Review Process", I thought.
Wish all the best for all of us
Cheers
Kai
Dear Kai

Thanks for sharing information.
We sent our PR Docs in November 2020 and have got temporary number in January 2021 and nothing after that!

Reactions: Rakap

Melkg

Jun 10, 2020
Kazakhstan
Category........
BUSINESS
AOR Received.
28-08-2019
Hello everyone after 5 months I received another set of documents requirements.
My time line
Biometric done-11 March 2020
Documents requirement 1-30 March 2021
Second documents required- 20 September 2021
Hi,

please share what type of document are requested, thanks

Jat_suv

May 19, 2021
Hi There,
I was wondering, why they are not issuing WP, it’s almost 6 months and waiting waiting
Need to meet in person to incubator as well as other business connections to peruse further progress in start up.
only got temporary file and UCI numbers against PR submission.
was also wondering whether it’s possible that we attach our file to online account

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hi There,
I was wondering, why they are not issuing WP, it’s almost 6 months and waiting waiting
Need to meet in person to incubator as well as other business connections to peruse further progress in start up.
only got temporary file and UCI numbers against PR submission.
was also wondering whether it’s possible that we attach our file to online account

Jat_suv - I agree with that too why are they not issuing the WP. Our wait is from Nov 2020 and will be finishing a year waiting. Again they are dependent on the country where the SUV is resident, Can you share from where are you applying from?

Jat_suv

May 19, 2021
Jat_suv - I agree with that too why are they not issuing the WP. Our wait is from Nov 2020 and will be finishing a year waiting. Again they are dependent on the country where the SUV is resident, Can you share from where are you applying from?
India
WP filed May 2021

your timelineand country? Please

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
UAE
Work Permit application November 2020
PR application April 2021 - temp number May 2021
Bio - Nov 2020; Medical - April 2021

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Dear Friend

Thanks for sharing. As I realized you have not get AOR yet so why you did medical?
Hi ARMAH,
I assume that @Rakap mentioned medical since he also applied for WP.
This is because when we apply for WP under SUV we must submit the medical test result along with other related docs such as LOS & application forms,...
For PR application under the SUV program, We are only able to take and submit the medical test result after we get the "Medical Exam instruction letter" from IRCC.
In this case, @Rakap said " Bio & Medical - April 2021" was for his WP application, I thought
Cheers
Kai

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hi ARMAH,
This is because when we apply for WP under SUV we must submit the medical test result along with other related docs such as LOS & application forms,...
For PR application under the SUV program, We are only able to take and submit the medical test result after we get the "Medical Exam instruction letter" from IRCC.
In this case, @Rakap said " Bio & Medical - April 2021" was for his WP application, I thought
Cheers
Kai

Ryt Kai, we did upfront for the smooth acceptance of all forms. We did Bio in Nov 2020 after we received a request from IRCC and we did medical in April 2021 - we also submitted PCC in April 2021 as suggested by our lawyers.

Reactions: Kai Nemo

ARMAH

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hi ARMAH,
Cheers
Kai
Hi Kai

Thanks for your reply.
When we completed our WP, didn't need medical check and mentioned officer will tell you if needed!

Reactions: Kai Nemo