+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

ARMAH

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hi folks,

Can anyone guide me on how to start with this program, Questions blow.
  • How much funds and investment do I need?
  • Planning to purchase the restaurant is it possible?
  • We will be moving from BC( Kelowna) to Alberta ?
  • We're currently having work permit status for 2 years.
If anybody able to guide this that would be great.

Thank you in advance.
Hello Friend

If you study this link, you will find all your answers.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/eligibility.html

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hello everyone,

AOR AUG 2019

Eligibility passed: July 2020
Info-sharing: still pending since July 2020
Security: not started

Taking too long:(
Do share your update.
It is interesting to know that someone who has passed eligibility is still waiting. I don't understand what else is pending to be reviewed. This is like lottery

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hello everyone,

WP: November 2020
AOR: January 2021

nothing after that only after our Web form to Ankara for follow up WP, they told us we should be patient!!!
There is a new newa about eTA applicant that scared me this situation expands to WP and caused us to resubmit our work visa!

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/visitors/visa.html

A very valid question -I am also worried about the same and don't know do we have to file a new application as old applications are buried in heap of papers and no one is interested to see them as the pile is increasing by the day.

Can this be checked with a lawyer. If anyone has checked please update us.

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi Everyone,
FYI:
Nearly 40,000 immigrants welcomed by Canada in July 2021
"To achieve the target, IRCC will need to land an additional 217,000 newcomers in the remaining five months of 2021, which is an average of 43,400 per month"
I am wondering where we are and when our turn will be...!
Let keep our fingers crossed!
Kai

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Hi Everyone,
FYI:
Nearly 40,000 immigrants welcomed by Canada in July 2021
"To achieve the target, IRCC will need to land an additional 217,000 newcomers in the remaining five months of 2021, which is an average of 43,400 per month"
I am wondering where we are and when our turn will be...!
Let keep our fingers crossed!
Kai
Even if we combine all Entrepreneur programs including SUV, the numbers are too small for IRCC to even bother about it. So our applications' progress won't change because of this annual target. It's more relevant for FSW program, which is the main source of new immigrants for IRCC.

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
Hello, my friends
I believe IRCC started working on our files even slowely because a friend of mine who applied in October 2019 got PAL in July 2021 and then asked for a second medical in August, as the first was expired. Fortunately, he saw the decision made in their profile yesterday on 16 SEp 2021. I think it's a piece of good news for all of us.

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hello, my friends
I believe IRCC started working on our files even slowely because a friend of mine who applied in October 2019 got PAL in July 2021 and then asked for a second medical in August, as the first was expired. Fortunately, he saw the decision made in their profile yesterday on 16 SEp 2021. I think it's a piece of good news for all of us.
Yes, That is very good news and one of the green signals for all of us!
Thank you very much for your shared information @mamad611 !
Cheers
Kai

Reactions: mamad611

ARMAH

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hello My friends

Thanks for sharing information.
we are so frustrated when IRCC has started processing of visitor visa but has set aside Startup applicants WP!!!!!

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hello, my friends
Keep the motivation alive. Please keep posting good news and whatever movement you see in your case file - it helps us to keep the hope and not worry.

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hello everyone,

AOR AUG 2019

Eligibility passed: July 2020
Info-sharing: still pending since July 2020
Security: not started

Taking too long:(
Hi Melkg,
Thank you for your share information.
Could you please share one thing more in which if you have ever been requested to update the Police Certificate since the date of AOR?
Cheers
Kai

Last edited:

Melkg

Jun 10, 2020
Kazakhstan
Category........
BUSINESS
AOR Received.
28-08-2019
Hi Melkg,
Thank you for your share information.
Could you please share one thing more in which if you have ever been requested to update the Police Certificate since the date of AOR?
Cheers
Kai
Hi Kai,

no request for PC,

Oct 2019, requested docs
Meds
Business plan
Educational Degree certificates

but I am going to submit updated PC as my immigration attorney suggested to do so.

Reactions: Kai Nemo

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi Kai,

no request for PC,

Oct 2019, requested docs
Meds
Business plan
Educational Degree certificates

but I am going to submit updated PC as my immigration attorney suggested to do so.
Hi Melkg,
Thank you again for your information shared.
Your application has been lasting for too long but it looks very optimistic! This is because you had got only one time ADR then your " Eligibility was already passed"
FYI: Extracted from IRCC Website
"Decision on your application"
"We’ll make a decision on your application if you: "
  • meet the eligibility criteria => You have already passed...Congratulations!
  • have enough money to support yourself and your family when you arrive in Canada => I assume that it should be no problem for you.
  • pass the medical exam and police certificate => Your medical exam was passed but you will be asked for an update, I thought. => Only police certificate=>
Referring to the IRCC advice:
=> On one side, they advise (for all docs): " Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required"
=> On the other side (for police certificate), they advise: " We strongly recommend that you take steps to get your police certificates now to avoid future delays".
Therefore, I assume that you should prepare in advance the updated PC now as your consultant advised.
FYI: A friend of mine has the timeline which is most likely as yours: AOR on Oct 2019...but after submitting the Biometrics, he hasn't got any updates yet...Therefore, your case is not abnormal at all. Don't worry & be happy my friend!
All the best for your application
Cheers
Kai

Last edited:

ARMAH

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hello dear friends

Have you registered your company in Canada? Do you think this issue is important for PR or WP Officers?

Thanks in advanced for your reply

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hello dear friends

Have you registered your company in Canada? Do you think this issue is important for PR or WP Officers?

Thanks in advanced for your reply
Hi ARMAH,
We have already registered our company since June 2021 according to our Consultant's advice and we have been attending the online training program which is called as "Post Landing Training for Business Startup".
I assume that it should be helpful for our Startup Business as well as PR & WP.
Therefore, Whether we should register our company in advance or not it is your own discretion to decide it since it is not mandatory.
Cheers
Kai

Last edited:

ARMAH

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hi ARMAH,
We have already registered our company since June 2021 according to our Consultant's advice and we have been attending the online training program which is called as "Post Landing Training for Business Startup".
I assume that it should be helpful for our Startup Business as well as PR & WP.
Therefore, Whether we should register our company in advance or not it is your own discretion to decide it since it is not mandatory.
Cheers
Kai
Thank you so much for your reply.