+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Hi SUVApplicant,
"Did they ask for all the application forms again from you too and PCCs?"
=> Yes, they did.
But it should be no problem for me since most of them are just requests for updated information except for the declaration of military service.
The deadline for PCCs is 60 days & The others are only 14 days.
I feel a bit lucky since they didn't ask me to update my IELTS this time. Otherwise, I have no way to take the exam since my city is now entirely locked down because of Covid 19 in which IDP and British Council are all closed by city law.
Let's keep in touch my friend
Cheers
Kai
thank you! likewise, same docs requested here too.

Reactions: BiancaVu

tommy167167

Jun 26, 2017
Hi everyone,

Does anyone apply (PR & work permit) in Canada thru SUV program?
I submitted my PR and Work permit application in Canada (inland) last year 2020 November.
Few weeks later, IRCC requested me to submit a business plan and I submitted on April 2021 finally. IRCC sent me a letter on 27 April 2021 and they mentioned that my application sent to Edmonton center for processing.

For my work permit application:
I haven't got any update or status for my work permit...
It is 8 months past from initial application Nov 2020 or 4 months past from business plan submission date April 2021.

For my PR application:
I just received ONE letter upon IRCC received my application on last year 2020 November. And the letter provided a temporary UCI number and temporary application number only.

My questions:
-Does anyone know how long does IRCC require to process the work permit application (for the applicant in Canada)?
-Does anyone know when I can receive an official UCI or application number for my PR application?
-Does anyone know how soon I can receive the PR?

Thank you

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi everyone,

Does anyone apply (PR & work permit) in Canada thru SUV program?
I submitted my PR and Work permit application in Canada (inland) last year 2020 November.
Few weeks later, IRCC requested me to submit a business plan and I submitted on April 2021 finally. IRCC sent me a letter on 27 April 2021 and they mentioned that my application sent to Edmonton center for processing.

For my work permit application:
I haven't got any update or status for my work permit...
It is 8 months past from initial application Nov 2020 or 4 months past from business plan submission date April 2021.

For my PR application:
I just received ONE letter upon IRCC received my application on last year 2020 November. And the letter provided a temporary UCI number and temporary application number only.

My questions:
-Does anyone know how long does IRCC require to process the work permit application (for the applicant in Canada)?
-Does anyone know when I can receive an official UCI or application number for my PR application?

Thank you
Hi Tommy,
Honestly, nobody can know exactly how long you are able to have your WP or PR approval since it is depending on many various factors.
Hereafter, I just wish to share some relative information for your reference only:
=> My co-founder has also applied inland since Jan 2020 and hasn't received any updates so far, so your case is not exceptional.
=> Due to you have already got the temporary file No on Nov 2020, so I assume that you are going to receive your Permanent File No. (UCI) within the next couple of months.
=> As there are so many backlogs because of Covid 19 so I assume that you may have to wait for the final decision in 10-12 months more in which may come sooner or later, I thought.
FYI, the WP and PR have been processed in the different Visa Offices and it seems to be not connected each other. For example, the WP of my friend has no updates so far while he has been receiving some requests for additional documents regarding his PR application. Therefore, it may happen that the PR final decision may be taken place even WP hasn't been processed yet.
Hope you will receive the Permanent File No soonest
Cheers
Kai

Last edited:

tommy167167

Jun 26, 2017
Hi Tommy,
Honestly, nobody can know exactly how long you are able to have your WP or PR approval since it is depending on many various factors.
Hereafter, I just wish to share some relative information for your reference only:
=> My co-founder has also applied inland since Jan 2020 and hasn't received any updates so far, so your case is not exceptional.
=> Due to you have already got the temporary file No on Nov 2020, so I assume that you are going to receive your Permanent File No. (UCI) within the next couple of months.
=> As there are so many backlogs because of Covid 19 so I assume that you may have to wait for the final decision in 10-12 months more in which may come sooner or later, I thought.
FYI, the WP and PR have been processed in the different Visa Offices and it seems to be not connected each other. For example, the WP of my friend has no updates so far while he has been receiving some requests for additional documents regarding his PR application. Therefore, it may happen that the PR final decision may be taken place even WP hasn't been processed yet.
Hope you will receive the Permanent File No soonest
Cheers
Kai
Thank you so much Kai. I hope everything will back to normal.

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Thank you so much Kai. I hope everything will back to normal.

We all are sailing in the same boat. We have submitted our WP in Nov 2020, with no response to date. We have requested an update via Web Form a couple of months backs but alas, no response. However, we have noticed that work permit via other categories has been processed and returned with a response.

I agree with Kai, really nobody can tell when our files will be picked up next for evaluation and final approvals - I don't know it feels like we are sidelined at the moment

:oops:.

Reactions: Kai Nemo

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
I know one SUV applicant who submitted his WP in Feb 2021 and he received his WP last month July 2021.
unfortunately, WP is processed at local offices where the SUV is located. So it different region to region. Thailand is processing in 2 weeks, UAE has still not seen any documents for 40 weeks now. Which country is your Startup from?

ARMAH

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
unfortunately, WP is processed at local offices where the SUV is located. So it different region to region. Thailand is processing in 2 weeks, UAE has still not seen any documents for 40 weeks now. Which country is your Startup from?
Hello Friends

Our WP is under processing in Ankara office for 10 months and we have sent web form for two times, they replied we should be patient because they proceed application in low capacity due to Covid and they have focused in essential things!!

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hello Friends

Our WP is under processing in Ankara office for 10 months and we have sent web form for two times, they replied we should be patient because they proceed application in low capacity due to Covid and they have focused in essential things!!

That's nice they have responded. we are waiting

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
I have a small qs, we have recently received a request to submit our Business Plan / lean Canva for IRCC submission from our incubator. Does this mean IRCC has started evaluating our files, or it is standard SOP and it's will take a while.
I am so worked up with this wait - every new movement brings more anxiety and keeps building expectations that now it will come.
If anyone of you has already submitted your Business Plan for IRCC evaluation please share your experience.

Reactions: BiancaVu

ARMAH

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
I have a small qs, we have recently received a request to submit our Business Plan / lean Canva for IRCC submission from our incubator. Does this mean IRCC has started evaluating our files, or it is standard SOP and it's will take a while.
I am so worked up with this wait - every new movement brings more anxiety and keeps building expectations that now it will come.
If anyone of you has already submitted your Business Plan for IRCC evaluation please share your experience.
Dear Rakap

Hadn't you sent your business plan with your other documents in PR application?
we have sent business plan with our PR application.

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Dear Rakap

Hadn't you sent your business plan with your other documents in PR application?
we have sent a business plan with our PR application.

so we did along with the PR application, also before during SUV incubator program. We are requested again and that's what is puzzling

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
They asked me for business plans thrice and this time asked for business progress report. So i guess its OK, submit it again. I submitted the same plan each time they asked for a BP. For business progress report, i created a report that highlighted the milestones we achieved in 20/21 and the revenue growth + the bottle necks we faced during covid. You should be fine, turn it in my friend. any news is good news i guess.

Reactions: Kai Nemo

Rakap

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
They asked me for business plans thrice and this time asked for business progress report. So i guess its OK, submit it again. I submitted the same plan each time they asked for a BP. For business progress report, i created a report that highlighted the milestones we achieved in 20/21 and the revenue growth + the bottle necks we faced during covid. You should be fine, turn it in my friend. any news is good news i guess.

Thank you. That's sounds assuring, thank you. We are submitting the Lean Canva and BP - hopefully, we get to hear something positive news soon.

Regards

Reactions: SUVApplicant