+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi everyone,
Just for your information & it should be one of the good news for us, I thought.
A friend of mine who had got the AOR in Oct 2019 has just got the "Medical Exam Request" last week!
Therefore, we are able to deduce "mathematically" that the "Medical Exam Request" may be under issuing or on the way to the one who had got the AOR in Nov 2019, Dec 2019,...and so on.
Let's keep patient and wait for the green signal.
Cheers
Kai

ARMAH

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hi

Thanks for your good news. you mean your friend had got Permanent AOR?
Don't you have any news about work visa under startup?
We are waiting about 9 months!!!

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi
Thanks for your good news. you mean your friend had got Permanent AOR?
Don't you have any news about work visa under startup?
We are waiting about 9 months!!!
Hi Armah,
Yes, AOR is the Acknowledge Of Receipt (Permanent file No.) instead of Temporary file No.
Regarding the Work Permit under the startup visa => I actually have no idea.
FYI, My co-founder has applied for WP since Jan 2020 but he hasn't yet received any feedback from IRCC so far.
Hope it's helpful for you my friend
Cheers
Kai

Reactions: BiancaVu

ARMAH

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hi Kai
Thanks for your response. It is disappointing that information in the IRCC is different than the fact. for example the time processing of work permit declining but we are waiting for long time!!!!!

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi Everyone,
I do hope this news is one of the green signals for us and I assume that our turn is coming!
“IRCC: Canada welcomed over 35,000 new immigrants in JuneANALYSIS: June 2021 was the first time during the pandemic Canada landed over 25,000 new permanent residents in a month. It will need to welcome an average of 43,000 newcomers per month between July and December to achieve its 401,000 newcomer target for 2021.”
You can also link to the below website for further detailed information from IRCC:

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/07/ircc-canada-welcomed-over-35000-new-immigrants-in-june-0718730.html#gs.7kgu97
Cheers & Good luck
Kai

Reactions: mamad611

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Hi Everyone,
I do hope this news is one of the green signals for us and I assume that our turn is coming!
“IRCC: Canada welcomed over 35,000 new immigrants in JuneANALYSIS: June 2021 was the first time during the pandemic Canada landed over 25,000 new permanent residents in a month. It will need to welcome an average of 43,000 newcomers per month between July and December to achieve its 401,000 newcomer target for 2021.”
You can also link to the below website for further detailed information from IRCC:

https://www.cicnews.com/2021/07/ircc-canada-welcomed-over-35000-new-immigrants-in-june-0718730.html#gs.7kgu97
Cheers & Good luck
Kai
SUV certainly doesn't seem to have the priority on IRCC's list. They want to process 10s of thousands of EE candidates who would require support from the government once they arrive vs a several 100s of SUV applicants who are going to contribute towards Canadian economic growth and generating employment. Such an irony.

katie.vanto

Mar 23, 2021
Hi Everyone,

Cheers & Good luck
Kai
As I saw, IRCC are welcoming:
1. students finishing their course in Canada
2. Hongkong citizen
3. Workers/employees currently are working in Canada.
4. Afghans in Canada.
SUV applicants are not in this stream. Sadly.
By the way, does anyone know the figures showing startup ventures operate successfully in Canada and create jobs to labour market? Could you share to me and others?
All the best for you.
Katie.

ARMAH

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hi Everyone,

Cheers & Good luck
Kai

Hi Kai,

Thanks for sharing information.
I hope the decision makers in Immigration understand that long delay cause to loss to Startup and at least WPs have been proceeded as study permits!

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi Kai,

Thanks for sharing information.
I hope the decision makers in Immigration understand that long delay cause to loss to Startup and at least WPs have been proceeded as study permits!
Hi Ammah,
I know you have been obviously waiting for your SUV WP day by day ... :)
As all of us know that the WP & Study Permit are all processed by VAC where we are living.
FYI: Last week, I heard the news from IRCC media in which they have strongly declared & promised that all Study Permit applications of international students who will be coming to school in Canada this Fall (Sept 2021) will be 100% sure to receive the final decisions from IRCC and deadline will be at the latest 5 or 6th Aug.
Therefore, I assume that the Study Permit processing is the first priority of the VAC at this moment and they have been speeding up as fast as they can in order to catch up the deadline as promised otherwise the new international students won't have enough time to prepare everything they need to come there included 14 days quarantine (if they haven't been vaccinated yet).
As a result, after the first week of the next coming month - Aug 2021 all Study Permit applications will be most likely closed and it will be now your turn...and I am really sure that the processing time of your WP will be decreased & shortened quickly...I thought.
Let's be patient my friend
Cheers
Kai

Last edited:

ARMAH

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
Hi Dear Friend

Thanks so much for the complete information that shared with us.
I hope your positive forecast becoming.
Thanks a lot and best wishes for you and your family.

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
One information sharing for all of you, WP (for us- SUV applicant) is processed very quickly. We got approval within 3 months this year.
Hi Jenni,
Wow! Your WP has been processed very fast. Thank you for sharing information & Congratulations on your WP approval.
By the way, could you please share with us where the Visa office you have applied for your WP is?
Because each VAC office has different processing times too.
Let give some examples: Work permit (from outside Canada) from Germany = 6 weeks, From Vietnam = 10 Weeks & From Turkey = 9 weeks,...

Cheers
Kai

Last edited:

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
While SUV WP is a good bridge till a decision is made on the SUV PR, but please realize that starting and operating your startup under WP is not the same. Firstly, you will run into the challenge in Federal Incorporating - as you will need a PR/Citizen as Director. Let's say you have a trusted friend/family who agrees to become your local Director. Then you will run into challenges of banking as a WP holder, credit lines, loans, and even funding are harder to get. Same goes for buying home/car, etc as a WP you get higher interest rates and down payments. And then the endless uncertainty of having to move your business and personal setup back to home country if for whatever reason your PR is not approved.

So I would say we should all continue to put pressure on our incubators and invetors to ensure that SUV PR processing starts soon, so we know one way or another about our chances to move to Canada.

ARMAH

Star Member
Aug 28, 2020
One information sharing for all of you, WP (for us- SUV applicant) is processed very quickly. We got approval within 3 months this year.
Hi Jenni

Congratulation fantastic! Our VAC is in Ankara and waiting for 9 months!
Good Luck