+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Today IRCC changed the processing time and dropped 1 month! from 33 to 32. Could be a good sign as we mentioned before, they keep changing time.

it's funny though.
Hi Fargoloz,
Wow...what the great news is..! Thank you for sharing the updated information!
As I said & forecasted before, Since July 2021 the IRCC has been speeding up the processing procedure with higher capacity to lead our SUV processing time to be shortened gradually. The expected number will be dropped to 30....29.....28...and so on in the next coming months.
I do hope everybody will receive the good news for each soon.
Cheers
Kai

Reactions: Fargoloz

Halem

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Today IRCC changed the processing time and dropped 1 month! from 33 to 32. Could be a good sign as we mentioned before, they keep changing time.

it's funny though.
The 1 month is funny but the positive change makes me happy. I hope the 32 months would come back to 16 months. my application was received 12 months ago and I still don't have a permanent UCI :)

SUVnewcomer

Aug 4, 2021
While SUV WP is a good bridge till a decision is made on the SUV PR, but please realize that starting and operating your startup under WP is not the same. Firstly, you will run into the challenge in Federal Incorporating - as you will need a PR/Citizen as Director. Let's say you have a trusted friend/family who agrees to become your local Director. Then you will run into challenges of banking as a WP holder, credit lines, loans, and even funding are harder to get. Same goes for buying home/car, etc as a WP you get higher interest rates and down payments. And then the endless uncertainty of having to move your business and personal setup back to home country if for whatever reason your PR is not approved.

So I would say we should all continue to put pressure on our incubators and invetors to ensure that SUV PR processing starts soon, so we know one way or another about our chances to move to Canada.
@Startup_Visa, I totally agreed with you. Thats why I am wondering can we stay in our home country (and doing business remotely) while we wait for PR. Then it won't waste our time and money back and forth to Canada in case of our PR failed.

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
@Startup_Visa, I totally agreed with you. That's why I am wondering can we stay in our home country (and doing business remotely) while we wait for PR. Then it won't waste our time and money back and forth to Canada in case of our PR failed.
Hi SUVnewcomer & Startup_Visa,
I do agree with both of you. That is why I've decided not to apply for WP since it is not mandatory as well as we may get a lot of risks as you guys mentioned above.
All the best
Cheers
Kai

Reactions: mamad611

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Not sure what is up with IRCC. I have been asked for all the forms including generic application form, Sch A form, additional family form for me and my wife both. Also, i have been asked to separately give a military service form which i am totally clueless about. What is a military service form for?

also, other docs asked for are: PCCs, Bank statements, Business documents etc. This is the third time in 1.5 years im giving the documents and forms again.

StrangerSUV

Oct 27, 2019
Not sure what is up with IRCC. I have been asked for all the forms including generic application form, Sch A form, additional family form for me and my wife both. Also, i have been asked to separately give a military service form which i am totally clueless about. What is a military service form for?

also, other docs asked for are: PCCs, Bank statements, Business documents etc. This is the third time in 1.5 years im giving the documents and forms again.
Could you give me your timeline, please? I've received permanent file number on Jan, 2021 and nothing after that.

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi SUVApplicant,
My AOR was also on Jan 2020 and we have mostly the same timeline.
I have also received the request for additional docs which are most likely as yours yesterday.
Regarding the new form "Military Service", I am also confusing too. After calling to ask my friend who is smarter and has more experience than me in this field, As a result, I am advised that this is just a normal declaration in which if someone used to serve military he must fill in the request form otherwise he must declare and explain truly and clearly why he was exemption from "Military Service".

Anyhow, this is a green signal for all of us, I thought
Cheers
Kai

Last edited:

moh122

Star Member
Apr 19, 2021
Anyone applied in June or July 2020 and got AOR? Who recently got AOR and when did you apply?

Last edited:

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
Anyone applied in June or July 2020 and got AOR? Who recently got AOR and when did you apply?
Mine is July 2020, no news as well.
I've had just a temporary file number.

But I've chatted with ceo of my incubator, he told me IRCC will started to work with full capacity in September.
I hope so. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Kai Nemo and moh122

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi Mod122,
Just FYI
A friend of mine applied on Mar 2020 => AOR on Jan 2021.
My brother applied on Aug 2020 => Not AOR yet and just a Temporary File No. so far.
I assume that you will get the AOR in a couple of months since the speed of SUV processing procedure has been increasing gradually.
Cheers,
Kai

Reactions: moh122

SUVApplicant

Star Member
Apr 13, 2019
Hi SUVApplicant,
My AOR was also on Jan 2020 and we have mostly the same timeline.
I have also received the request for additional docs which are most likely as yours yesterday.
Regarding the new form "Military Service", I am also confusing too. After calling to ask my friend who is smarter and has more experience than me in this field, As a result, I am advised that this is just a normal declaration in which if someone used to serve military he must fill in the request form otherwise he must declare and explain truly and clearly why he was exemption from "Military Service".

Anyhow, this is a green signal for all of us, I thought
Cheers
Kai
thanks Kai, but there's no such thing as military service here. :S i can sign a declaration but not sure if thats the only thing they want. lets see.

Did they ask for all the application forms again from you too and PCCs?

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
thanks Kai, but there's no such thing as military service here. :S i can sign a declaration but not sure if thats the only thing they want. lets see.

Did they ask for all the application forms again from you too and PCCs?
Hi SUVApplicant,
"Did they ask for all the application forms again from you too and PCCs?"
=> Yes, they did.
But it should be no problem for me since most of them are just requests for updated information except for the declaration of military service.
The deadline for PCCs is 60 days & The others are only 14 days.
I feel a bit lucky since they didn't ask me to update my IELTS this time. Otherwise, I have no way to take the exam since my city is now entirely locked down because of Covid 19 in which IDP and British Council are all closed by city law.
Let's keep in touch my friend
Cheers
Kai

Last edited: