Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
Yes I see the 28 months starts from the time my application is received. But it was exactly mentioned that without a permanent file number, your application is not being processed.

You mean you got your temporary file number 3 weeks ago and this week you got the permanent file number?
No, both of them are temporary

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi SUV friends,
The processing time starts the day IRCC receives your complete application and ends when IRCC makes a decision.
As my understanding, After receipt of your application via courier express in hard copy => the start of the processing procedure should be:
1) IRCC officer will scan your application in order to convert them into softcopy.
2) Your application in softcopy will be checked online and a respective application No. will be issued and send to you if your application is complete and at the same time you will be informed that "we start to process your application". Otherwise, your application may be delayed or returned if it’s not complete.
3) The problem is due to the Covid 19 impacts so IRCC has been prioritizing the applications from Canadians who are trying to return to Canada, vulnerable people, and people who perform or support essential services,...Therefore, there is nobody to process step No.1 mentioned above. As a result, your application is now still in hardcopy and it is probably in the courier express envelope and nobody is able to check your application online or from home. That is why IRCC can only issue and send to you the "temporary file No" this is only to confirm that IRCC has received your application instead of issuing the " Permanent file No." since they don't know whether your application is complete or not.
Hope it may be helpful for you guys
Cheers
Kai

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
I mailed in a paper application to Nova Scotia. I received my PR more than two years ago.
Hi Mauchan, I know you are s star member of our forum and you have been supporting a lot of us with very helpful advice and information.
I have applied for SUV in Jan 2020 and received the ADR in July then I submitted all ADR at the end of July 2020. Since then I haven't got any updated information from IRCC yet.
My question is: when I check my application status on the IRCC website I see my status a bit strange: in the item " Medical result" IRCC mentioned as "Decision Made - A Decision has been made at this point " and " We have received your medical results. We will contact you if additional tests are needed".
But in the fact that I haven't got any instruction letter for the medical test from IRCC yet as well as I haven't made any medical tests to send to IRCC. Therefore, I am very surprised when I see my status as " We have received your medical results".
Could you please check and advise what does it mean as well as what I should do in this very strange updated status.
Thank you in advance
Cheers
Kai

Mauchan

Star Member
Dec 2, 2017
My question is: when I check my application status on the IRCC website I see my status a bit strange: in the item " Medical result" IRCC mentioned as "Decision Made - A Decision has been made at this point " and " We have received your medical results. We will contact you if additional tests are needed".
But in the fact that I haven't got any instruction letter for the medical test from IRCC yet as well as I haven't made any medical tests to send to IRCC.

Could you please check and advise what does it mean as well as what I should do in this very strange updated status.
If you haven't received the medical test instructions yet (and obviously, haven't submitted), then this looks like a typo or entry error. It's best to send an email to IRCC to clarify.

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
Bullshit :confused:

processing time was extended to 31 months.
it will be frustrating for many entrepreneurs who wants to start their career in Canada.
has anybody suggestion?

• Wow
Reactions: Halem and Kai Nemo

mosmo

Star Member
Sep 10, 2020
Bullshit :confused:

processing time was extended to 31 months.
it will be frustrating for many entrepreneurs who wants to start their career in Canada.
has anybody suggestion?
Just saw the 31 months extension. This is not good at all. The waiting is is something else. You just keep checking your account every time hoping to see an update or something and then this. Really really frustrating.

• Wow
Reactions: Kai Nemo

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Just saw the 31 months extension. This is not good at all. The waiting is is something else. You just keep checking your account every time hoping to see an update or something and then this. Really really frustrating.
Hi SUV friends,
Yes, this newly updated processing time makes us very upset and frustrating. Anyhow, please keep in mind that IRCC has mentioned on the website that " Due to the impacts of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we can’t provide accurate processing times". Therefore, 31 months is just estimated and not absolutely accurate. Please see below you may have some concept what "processing time" is defined by IRCC :
1) The processing time tells you how long it took us to process most complete applications in the past 12 months.
2) Your processing time starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision on it.
=> If you apply by mail, the time starts when your application arrives in our mailroom.
3) Most processing times are historical, meaning they’re measured based on how long it took to process 80% of applications in the past.
As above mentioned by IRCC, even I was good at Math when I was a student I can't understand & forecast clearly what the correct processing time is!
In my point of view, Some of the applications will be made the final decision sooner e.g. 18-20 months, some will be as the estimated time 31 months and the others may be longer.
Therefore, I assume that we have better come back to our normal life, continue our current business, be patient and keep waiting for further updates from IRCC.
Good luck for all of us
Cheers
Kai

Reactions: mamad611

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
If you haven't received the medical test instructions yet (and obviously, haven't submitted), then this looks like a typo or entry error. It's best to send an email to IRCC to clarify.
Hi Mauchan,
Thank you very much my very kind expert.
I will contact my immigration lawyer to clarify it.
All the best
Kai

HelloSUVCanada

Feb 8, 2021
Hi everyone, are there any applicants who filed in 2019 and still waiting? It has been 18months for us and just saw 31 months processing time.

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
Hi SUV friends,
Yes, this newly updated processing time makes us very upset and frustrating. Anyhow, please keep in mind that IRCC has mentioned on the website that " Due to the impacts of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19), we can’t provide accurate processing times". Therefore, 31 months is just estimated and not absolutely accurate. Please see below you may have some concept what "processing time" is defined by IRCC :
1) The processing time tells you how long it took us to process most complete applications in the past 12 months.
2) Your processing time starts the day we receive your complete application and ends when we make a decision on it.
=> If you apply by mail, the time starts when your application arrives in our mailroom.
3) Most processing times are historical, meaning they’re measured based on how long it took to process 80% of applications in the past.
As above mentioned by IRCC, even I was good at Math when I was a student I can't understand & forecast clearly what the correct processing time is!
In my point of view, Some of the applications will be made the final decision sooner e.g. 18-20 months, some will be as the estimated time 31 months and the others may be longer.
Therefore, I assume that we have better come back to our normal life, continue our current business, be patient and keep waiting for further updates from IRCC.
Good luck for all of us
Cheers
Kai
The processing time doesn't make any sense. Because IF:

a) Have already applied - then processing time is 31months
b) If you Have NOT yet already applied - then the processing time is 12-16 months

Anyone else see something wrong with this?

We know that applications received until atleast around Aug 2020, have been opened and partially scanned and assigned temporary file numbers. So they are just waiting in queue to be processed.

So it doesn't make sense that people who haven't yet applied will a processing time 15-19months faster than people who have already applied.
UNLESS - new applications are taking a different route, like applying online for the SUV PR. But this isn't the case. Applications for SUV PR are still done on paper up to this day.

But I have been watching the processing times over the last few months and it actually I feel a bit confident. Because since last Oct/Nov - the SUV PR processing times for applicantions in progress has been "moving" - though moving up - it does show that there is some activitiy going up.
Prior to Oct 2019 (between Mar 2019 - Fall 2020)

HelloSUVCanada

Feb 8, 2021

b) If you Have NOT yet already applied - then the processing time is 12-16 months

We know that applications received until atleast around Aug 2020, have been opened and partially scanned and assigned temporary file numbers. So they are just waiting in queue to be processed.

So it doesn't make sense that people who haven't yet applied will a processing time 15-19months faster than people who have already applied.
UNLESS - new applications are taking a different route, like applying online for the SUV PR. But this isn't the case. Applications for SUV PR are still done on paper up to this day.

But I have been watching the processing times over the last few months and it actually I feel a bit confident. Because since last Oct/Nov - the SUV PR processing times for applicantions in progress has been "moving" - though moving up - it does show that there is some activitiy going up.
In my opinion the processing for people who have not applied yet is wrong. There is no way to take 12 to 16 months. We passed 19 months now and there any many who didn't get any receipts. There is a backlog. SUV is not priority for IRCC. It has nothing to do with paper based. People like us passed medical last Jan and still no news.

SUV_Unicorn_Potential

Star Member
Jun 26, 2020
In my opinion the processing for people who have not applied yet is wrong. There is no way to take 12 to 16 months. We passed 19 months now and there any many who didn't get any receipts. There is a backlog. SUV is not priority for IRCC. It has nothing to do with paper based. People like us passed medical last Jan and still no news.
Oh guys, there is new and more detailed information about processing times
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html

Kai Nemo

Star Member
Sep 8, 2020
Hi everyone, are there any applicants who filed in 2019 and still waiting? It has been 18months for us and just saw 31 months processing time.
Hello SUV Canada, Congratulations on your "Medical Exam Passed". As processing procedure, your application seemed to be already approved by IRCC and has been sent from IRCC to the Visa office. I am really sure that you are going to receive the "Passport Request" in a couple of months since my friend received the "Passport Request" after ~3 months from the date he passed the medical exam last year 2020.
By the way, could you please share your "timeline" from the date you had receipt of application No. such as whether you got the additional request docs or any update from IRCC before the "Medical exam"?
Thanks & Good luck
Cheers,

Hi,
a) Have already applied - then processing time is 31 months => The processing time tells you how long it took IRCC to process most complete applications in the past 12 months. Especially, IRCC now takes the first priority to process other applcations and our SUV applications are also under processing but only with a very limited IRCC capacity.
b) If you Have NOT yet already applied - then the processing time is 12-16 months => Yes, this is just an estimated and not accurate. In other words, this may be correct and applied for the one " Has not applied yet" and will apply in the future ...might be in 2022 when the Covid pandemic may be under control or over...!
Don't worry & Be patient
Cheers
Kai