+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

Fargoloz

Star Member
May 2, 2020
Oh really, and what did you do after rejection?
Officer gives 90 days for a re-apply! It's just weird that they make you wait 5 months for a 5 miunte decision and they don't even tell you about the missing documents! Problem with me is I did everything, I just did not include the number of the LMIA and did not know see the requirement for the proof of funds on the exention page

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
Officer gives 90 days for a re-apply! It's just weird that they make you wait 5 months for a 5 miunte decision and they don't even tell you about the missing documents! Problem with me is I did everything, I just did not include the number of the LMIA and did not know see the requirement for the proof of funds on the exention page
Oh, that is the shame. We need to put our time and effort on the business, instead we put all on immigration part! And they expect us the progress!!!

thank you for sharing.
by the way, what did you mean by the lmi code? Do you mean the A75/A77 or smth else?

Reactions: ARMAH

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
I just recieved the pre-arrival letter! 36 months + 2 days of wait!
Hopefully the decision is coming sooner!
Congrats! You almost done

Reactions: Fargoloz

TaYfaY

Dec 5, 2022
So in the whole process until you got your Pre Arrival letter you was inland means on WP. And got etension once the 1st WP got expired. One thing it got expired and applied for extension in that time what will b the status of kids and spouse if they are inland too.

Fargoloz

Star Member
May 2, 2020
So in the whole process until you got your Pre Arrival letter you was inland means on WP. And got etension once the 1st WP got expired. One thing it got expired and applied for extension in that time what will b the status of kids and spouse if they are inland too.
Out of status! Not able to work! Just stay and wait!

Rodneys

Nov 24, 2021
Dubai
Category........
BUSINESS
My bad, I meant the approval on the wp application.
yes you are right.
but I am not sure it was a mistake that they issued the wp from the pass request date since one of my friend got that in Toronto airport and another one got that in Vancouver airport. It is an very odd coincidence if we think it was a mistake!!!
Thank you for your advice.
This is how the process is. When u get the sticker on passport, thats your permit to fly. You also get the same day or next day, Letter of Introduction.
After landing, during interview, you need to share the LOI & sometimes business plan. When WP is granted its either 1 or two years. Currently its one year as they see the SUV processing time come down to 16 to 24 months post Jan 2024. Finally for WP its always from the date LOI is issued as the officer scans it and picks your info there.
This nullifies the husk that apply for WP as essential, go there and just spend two weeks and settle their family with SOWP. This is a pain for them so they are addressing it.
For WP extension, review methods are tightened up. We have two instances of request for progress report, roadmap for next 52 weeks, allign it with work week of 40 hours and funds.
hope this tit bit of info was useful

Reactions: amir788