+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

khietlam

Jun 2, 2022
Hi guys,
I have a question.
As a work permit holder (under SUV program), I wonder whether IRCC requires us to incorporate a business entity as a prerequisite condition for PR approval?

Halem

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Hi guys,
I have a question.
As a work permit holder (under SUV program), I wonder whether IRCC requires us to incorporate a business entity as a prerequisite condition for PR approval?
I've never seen a requirement for incorporation before PR. But almost everyone I know was asked for incorporation documents and proof of business progress. Specially those who moved to Canada with a work permit.

Reactions: khietlam

khietlam

Jun 2, 2022
I've never seen a requirement for incorporation before PR. But almost everyone I know was asked for incorporation documents and proof of business progress. Specially those who moved to Canada with a work permit.
Thanks Halem.

Is there any difference in the treatment from government to the foreign entity incorporated under the Start-up visa program and other normal foreign entities?

233SUV

Apr 14, 2023
Hi guys,
I have a question.
There is no regulation officially applied on that, because the game goes on two sides: one is the entrepreneur journey, and the other is immigration. As an entrepreneur you have to decide which is the best for your business, and as long as you can convince IRCC that your path is legit and under your control, then it would be fine. Otherwise it can be one of the negative information to IRCC issue the refusal. It's my personal view

Reactions: Halem and khietlam

Halem

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020
Thanks Halem.

Is there any difference in the treatment from government to the foreign entity incorporated under the Start-up visa program and other normal foreign entities?
An entity incorporated in Canada is a Canadian entity. No matter if the shareholders and directors are Canadian or foreigner with WP.

Reactions: khietlam

Fargoloz

Star Member
May 2, 2020
All right folks, Processing times now 36 months..
I can't believe that when I applied it was 12 months loool
Kept extending since then!

suvapplicantx

May 5, 2023

It's incredibly frustrating to see that the waiting time for the Startup Visa Stream in Canada immigration has reached a staggering 35 months. While we all understand that COVID-19 has caused disruptions, the IRCC has continuously promised a decline in processing times, but nothing seems to change. Thousands of lives, particularly those of start-up founders, are left in limbo due to the inefficiency of the immigration system. Time is crucial for us entrepreneurs to keep our businesses afloat and moving forward.

Honestly, had I known the processing times would remain this high, I would have seriously reconsidered applying for this program.

The reality of the situation is that a one-year processing time is now just a very distant dream. Despite the IRCC referring to us as their "clients", it's clear that no other business could survive treating their clients this way.

Good luck to all of you.

robinsteve

Aug 29, 2021
You are right ,dude. It surely is frustrating to extend the processing time all the time.It is not respectful to entrepreneurs. Most of their businesses will die within years.

pathCanada

Star Member
May 1, 2021
I've recently heard that an SUV applicant who applied on 4th July 2020 as a solopreneur, got his PR approval less than a month ago. Has anyone else heard any more news on PR approvals?

mamad611

Star Member
Mar 21, 2020
Category........
BUSINESS
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
31-07-2020
Doc's Request.
Temp Application Number: 2021-01-25
AOR Received.
2022-09-20
Med's Request
2023-01-25
Med's Done....
2023-02-10
I've recently heard that an SUV applicant who applied on 4th July 2020 as a solopreneur, got his PR approval less than a month ago. Has anyone else heard any more news on PR approvals?
I'm from July 2020 and still waiting for a final check and decision making

Reactions: pathCanada