+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

syed3025

Feb 25, 2022
According to my understanding Temporary File number was issued when there was COVID pandemic and for all ONLINE application the next step after submission of PR application it will be AOR (correct me if I am wrong)

manupmathew

Star Member
May 7, 2012
According to my understanding Temporary File number was issued when there was COVID pandemic and for all ONLINE application the next step after submission of PR application it will be AOR (correct me if I am wrong)
Yes AOR is the next Step.

The steps are as follows.
1. Temp File Numbering.

next is IN PROCESS status
2. AOR
3. Biometrics
4. ADR
5. Medical

and also the possibility of an interview if it is necessary.

Next is the DECISION MADE status

6. PPR

The final Step in the process is the COMPLETE status
7. Applicant arrives in Canada and is granted PR.

syed3025

Feb 25, 2022
Yes AOR is the next Step.

The steps are as follows.
1. Temp File Numbering.

next is IN PROCESS status
2. AOR
3. Biometrics
4. ADR
5. Medical

and also the possibility of an interview if it is necessary.

Next is the DECISION MADE status

6. PPR

The final Step in the process is the COMPLETE status
7. Applicant arrives in Canada and is granted PR.
But you have motioned again Item # 1 as Temp File Number , so this means we will get a Temp File number also when we submit by Online ? if Yes then how long it takes for Temp File number to be assigned once we submit the application ?

fkakar

Feb 1, 2016
I applied for the WP under the SUV program and got a refusal letter yesterday. The reasoning was generic and a bit lame. The entire processing time was very fast; it took 100 days only from app submission to the final decision - where as IRCC website was showing processing time as 12 months but these days its showing 9 months but my case was processed in 3 months. I submitted my app on 14 July 2022.

Refusal Reason:
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the endo your stay as required by Paragraph 200(1) (b) of the IRPR. I am refusing your application because you have not established that you leave Canada, based on the following factors:
  • You did not demonstrate how this company will provide a significant economic, social and cultural benefit to Canada.
Can someone please help me what to do next? I find it as a lame reasoning that i will not leave CANADA, I have applied for the PR under SUV tooI, so obviously i want to permanently move to Canada.

I am the essential member of the company and submitting all docs. I have a very good travel history in all continents. I live many years outside Pakistan under Work permit too.

Reactions: Roger Gamer

syed3025

Feb 25, 2022
I applied for the WP under the SUV program and got a refusal letter yesterday. The reasoning was generic and a bit lame. The entire processing time was very fast; it took 100 days only from app submission to the final decision - where as IRCC website was showing processing time as 12 months but these days its showing 9 months but my case was processed in 3 months. I submitted my app on 14 July 2022.

Refusal Reason:
  • I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the endo your stay as required by Paragraph 200(1) (b) of the IRPR. I am refusing your application because you have not established that you leave Canada, based on the following factors:
  • You did not demonstrate how this company will provide a significant economic, social and cultural benefit to Canada.
Can someone please help me what to do next? I find it as a lame reasoning that i will not leave CANADA, I have applied for the PR under SUV tooI, so obviously i want to permanently move to Canada.

I am the essential member of the company and submitting all docs. I have a very good travel history in all continents. I live many years outside Pakistan under Work permit too.
Who was your designated body VC / Angel / Or Business Incubator ? If you have AOR then I believe you obtain much details from GCMS

kolorah

Aug 10, 2012
Hi - the IRCC website has a list of designated organizations/investor. Visit the websites of those investors to check their portfolio and see which one is the best fit for your business.

It is highly unlikely that you will get a LOS from a VC unless your start-up is very profile or you have strong recommendations from the investor network.

There's no harm in trying though.
Thanks

Roger Gamer

Oct 4, 2022

Refusal Reason:

Is that 1 reason or 2 reasons? Doesn't make sense. What did was written in your CC as reason to apply work permit?

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
But you have motioned again Item # 1 as Temp File Number , so this means we will get a Temp File number also when we submit by Online ? if Yes then how long it takes for Temp File number to be assigned once we submit the application ?
Temp file number is for paper application

pathCanada

Star Member
May 1, 2021

Refusal Reason:

Hi,
Sorry to see that the IRCC has refused your application based on general and confusing reasons. I suggest you apply for a GCMS note to better understand the details of your rejections and reapply. But make sure you address all the gaps mentioned in the GCMS note in your new cover letter. If they refused again, then go to the federal court. It would be a long process, but unfortunately, there's no better way for now. It's very possible that the officer is not specifically trained for SUV, or you might simply forget to include a document and the officer got an excuse to refuse your case with no further follow-ups. Good luck.

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019

Refusal Reason:

@fkakar - Sorry to hear about your WP rejection. For any of us to comment on the merits and possible next steps, we would need more information like:
1) Current citizenship
2) Country of application
3) Any past visa applications to Canada and their status
4) Any past visa rejections or overstays in an country
5) Incubator/VC/Angel track record
6) Your personal profile in startups
7) Current startup innovation level and revenue metrics
8) Country you appled from

These are just some of the factors that could be impacting your WP rejection.

Having a SUV LOS does not gurantee WP, you are still assessed on your individual risk factors, like are you likely to overstay if for some reason your SUV PR is rejected. Based on my limited knowledge, for some reason IRCC thinks you are at a high risk of overstaying if your PR is rejected. And secondly, they seem to doubt the genuineness of your startup.

Roger Gamer

Oct 4, 2022
@fkakar - Sorry to hear about your WP rejection. For any of us to comment on the merits and possible next steps, we would need more information like:
1) Current citizenship
2) Country of application
3) Any past visa applications to Canada and their status
4) Any past visa rejections or overstays in an country
5) Incubator/VC/Angel track record
6) Your personal profile in startups
7) Current startup innovation level and revenue metrics
8) Country you appled from

These are just some of the factors that could be impacting your WP rejection.

Having a SUV LOS does not gurantee WP, you are still assessed on your individual risk factors, like are you likely to overstay if for some reason your SUV PR is rejected. Based on my limited knowledge, for some reason IRCC thinks you are at a high risk of overstaying if your PR is rejected. And secondly, they seem to doubt the genuineness of your startup.
When high risk of overstaying if your PR is rejected mentioned, does that also mean IRCC does not think the PR application would be successful?

Reactions: MQIDWAI