+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

woodyohill

Mar 3, 2021
If your startup is genuine, you have nothing to worry about. Sometimes IRCC folks don't understand some startups. So they get experts to evaluate your startup. Unfortunately, it just adds more time to your process.
Thanks. I do hope so. The business is indeed not the simplest of businesses. But I thought that is why an angel is necessary... to verify the business!

qhuo2006

Jan 30, 2022
Updates!!!!! our group just started to get the Permanent file number on the 13th of October and it says In Progress Status. Our application for permanent residence has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) in 28/09/2020.
Congrats! and everything be smooth and quick.

pathCanada

Star Member
May 1, 2021
Updates!!!!! our group just started to get the Permanent file number on the 13th of October and it says In Progress Status. Our application for permanent residence has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) in 28/09/2020.
Congrats to you and your team! I hope you share your good news here very soon. It's interesting that the last group I heard got their permanent numbers had their applications received on September 2, 2020. Seems either IRCC is becoming fast & furious or there weren't much SUV applications for September 2020.

manupmathew

Star Member
May 7, 2012
Congrats to you and your team! I hope you share your good news here very soon. It's interesting that the last group I heard got their permanent numbers had their applications received on September 2, 2020. Seems either IRCC is becoming fast & furious or there weren't much SUV applications for September 2020.
They are aiming to reduce a significant amount of backlog before this year ends.

robinsteve

Aug 29, 2021
GCMS (Global Case Management System) is a software system used by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) to process immigration and citizenship applications. GCMS is a single integrated system designed to process applications both inside Canada and outside. It is the most comprehensive and up-to-date information that can be obtained to understand the status of a visa application or to learn the details about a visa refusal.

kolorah

Aug 10, 2012
1) Brand new business but spin-off/evolution of my existing profitable IT business.

2) Met Canadian investors through a reference from a well-known Silicon Valley VC firm.

It took me nearly 3 years to get a letter of support from the day I began my research on the Start-up visa.
Hello Mauchan / other Members:

I am planning to apply for SUV program. It will be great help if someone can help me my case specific queries:
1. I am a Co-founder of an IT Company (IT Service Business ) & Founder of a Telecom Company (Reseller of Telecom Products).
2. Which Investor I can connect for my letter of support ?

Thanks in advance

syed3025

Feb 25, 2022
Hello everyone, I had recently submitted my PR for SUV and after going though many forums and discussion I am confused. I would kindly request if anyone can let me know after submission of PR by online how long it takes for AOR to be received. Thanks in advance for your kind guidance.

Mauchan

Star Member
Dec 2, 2017
Hello Mauchan / other Members:

2. Which Investor I can connect for my letter of support ?
Hi - the IRCC website has a list of designated organizations/investor. Visit the websites of those investors to check their portfolio and see which one is the best fit for your business.

It is highly unlikely that you will get a LOS from a VC unless your start-up is very profile or you have strong recommendations from the investor network.

There's no harm in trying though.

Jeffrey.

Sep 28, 2022
Hello everyone, I had recently submitted my PR for SUV and after going though many forums and discussion I am confused. I would kindly request if anyone can let me know after submission of PR by online how long it takes for AOR to be received. Thanks in advance for your kind guidance.
Due to the complicated covid and war reasons, all visa applications had been delayed. As you see from the previous replies, we have a long queue that the Sep of 2020 just got their AORs.

syed3025

Feb 25, 2022
Due to the complicated covid and war reasons, all visa applications had been delayed. As you see from the previous replies, we have a long queue that the Sep of 2020 just got their AORs.
True. This is what scares me more. Couple of years before it was said due to Syrian refugee then Afghan refuge then moved to COVID and now Ukraine refuge. Something will always happen in some part of the world so every time the process will be impacted ? there is no separate emergency response team who can handle crisis immigration ? I understand COVID is one off case but other issues will come and go every time. I hope the process will improve. I can also understand PR grant can take 2-3 years because of depth review but what I am failing to understand is why acknowledging the application (AOR) is taking two years ???

Ashu208

Apr 22, 2022
I have same concerns as yours, as per my understanding , AOR being issued once a case officer is assigned to the application or the application is on top of the queue. Acknowledgement, which is temporary file number, is issued within few weeks of submission of the application.