May 2, 2020
When renewing work permit under SUV do I have to choose
- I'm applying for an employer-specific work permit with LMIA-exemption
or
- I am an entrepreneur / Self-employed

Anyone experienced this before?

AMIR001

Dec 23, 2018
I don't know why is it taking them so long to finish and move on from June, like it's been over 2 months that we are just hearing about June applicants only. Btw Congratulations @moh122 so happy for you!

Nightbirde

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
Hello, Can anyone help me with this?
I just found that my profile has been updated and when I go to the "View submitted application or upload documents" the following documents showed in the optional document and mentioned Required By 03 October 2022:
  1. IMM5802 Offer of Employment to a Foreign National LMIA-Exempt
  2. Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)
  3. Client Information

I noticed that there is no way be able to upload the mentioned documents!!!

What shall I do guys??

Thanks in advance!

Nightbirde

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
Congratulations
Hello Again,

Today I saw something new on my profile after clicking on the "View submitted application or upload documents".

In the section "Optional Documents" and the column "Required By" It has been set a date (for me "03 October 2022 ")

I mentioned a list of optional documents in my previous comment. They are not valid to send. For example "IMM5802 Offer of Employment to a Foreign National LMIA-Exempt" In most cases, offers of employment must be submitted online through the Employer Portal, and the IMM 5802 form is no longer accepted from IRCC

Does the mentioned date would be a date that may I should hear back from them?

Thanks!

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
Hello Again,

Today I saw something new on my profile after clicking on the "View submitted application or upload documents".

In the section "Optional Documents" and the column "Required By" It has been set a date (for me "03 October 2022 ")

I mentioned a list of optional documents in my previous comment. They are not valid to send. For example "IMM5802 Offer of Employment to a Foreign National LMIA-Exempt" In most cases, offers of employment must be submitted online through the Employer Portal, and the IMM 5802 form is no longer accepted from IRCC

Does the mentioned date would be a date that may I should hear back from them?

Thanks!
according to previous comments, it is the date you need to provide those documents to IRCC.
about IMM5802, if you email a specific address with some basic information you may found in IRCC website (the section about startup visa work permit) they will come back to you with a IMM5802 form in which you can provide information about your startup and you can send it back to them based on the instruction they would provide to you. I did that and all these happened.
but, if you cannot upload anything, I recommend do a webform as soon as possible and let them know you cannot upload .

Nightbirde

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
according to previous comments, it is the date you need to provide those documents to IRCC.
about IMM5802, if you email a specific address with some basic information you may found in IRCC website (the section about startup visa work permit) they will come back to you with a IMM5802 form in which you can provide information about your startup and you can send it back to them based on the instruction they would provide to you. I did that and all these happened.
but, if you cannot upload anything, I recommend do a webform as soon as possible and let them know you cannot upload .
Hello Amir,

Thanks for your information. I did a web form and reported an issue as well. You can see it below where I mentioned my confusion.

I think if they ask for an additional document, then the process would be different and I should be able to upload documents somewhere.

I had some investigation and found that the date in the "Required By" column may indicate a date that they will come back to me???!!!

FYI - 38 weeks passed from the biometric completion date without any result.

Thanks again!

Good Day,

In the "Optional Documents" section of my profile as well as my spouse and dependant children, indicated that to send the following documents up to 03 October 2022 but It has some confusions about that as follows:

1- IMM5802 Offer of Employment to a Foreign National LMIA-Exempt
2- Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)
3- Client Information

Case 1: I didn't receive any email/notification about requesting additional documents and those just appeared on the "Optional Documents" where there are no options/ways for uploading

Case 2: On the Status page of our applications, part "Review of additional documents"; it has been indicated that "We do not need additional documents."

Case 3: Regarding IMM5802; according to the IRCC website (link below), the IMM580 about offers of employment must be submitted online through the Employer Portal, and the IMM 5802 form is no longer accepted. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1266&top=17

Case 4: Regarding IMM 5257; It seems it is not for dependent children aged lower than 18 years. The age of my children is 15 years.

Your consideration and clarification on this would be highly appreciated!

Kind Regards

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
Hello Amir,

Thanks for your information. I did a web form and reported an issue as well. You can see it below where I mentioned my confusion.

I think if they ask for an additional document, then the process would be different and I should be able to upload documents somewhere.

I had some investigation and found that the date in the "Required By" column may indicate a date that they will come back to me???!!!

FYI - 38 weeks passed from the biometric completion date without any result.

Thanks again!

Good Day,

In the "Optional Documents" section of my profile as well as my spouse and dependant children, indicated that to send the following documents up to 03 October 2022 but It has some confusions about that as follows:

1- IMM5802 Offer of Employment to a Foreign National LMIA-Exempt
2- Schedule 1 - Application for a Temporary Resident Visa Made Outside Canada (IMM 5257)
3- Client Information

Case 1: I didn't receive any email/notification about requesting additional documents and those just appeared on the "Optional Documents" where there are no options/ways for uploading

Case 2: On the Status page of our applications, part "Review of additional documents"; it has been indicated that "We do not need additional documents."

Case 3: Regarding IMM5802; according to the IRCC website (link below), the IMM580 about offers of employment must be submitted online through the Employer Portal, and the IMM 5802 form is no longer accepted. https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1266&top=17

Case 4: Regarding IMM 5257; It seems it is not for dependent children aged lower than 18 years. The age of my children is 15 years.

Your consideration and clarification on this would be highly appreciated!

Kind Regards
Interestingly, I found similar situation on my kid application as I did not fill 5257 because of age under 18. My application and my spouse’s are ok. And more interestingly it also is 3 October. my application was submitted on March and I have had no update since, not even eligibility reviewing . Might be a bug?!

Nightbirde

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
Interestingly, I found similar situation on my kid application as I did not fill 5257 because of age under 18. My application and my spouse’s are ok. And more interestingly it also is 3 October. my application was submitted on March and I have had no update since, not even eligibility reviewing . Might be a bug?!
Oh! Interesting and thanks for your checking.
Perhaps it is a bug as they had maintenance recently on the site.
FYI - I sent my offer of employment through "Employer Portal" because my business was registered and received a CRA number at that time. So, It did not need to go through IMM5802

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
Oh! Interesting and thanks for your checking.
Perhaps it is a bug as they had maintenance recently on the site.
FYI - I sent my offer of employment through "Employer Portal" because my business was registered and received a CRA number at that time. So, It did not need to go through IMM5802
Hope it goes well! Please let us know if they get back to you