+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

bezzad

Aug 16, 2016
Yes, first of all you are not going to get PR file number any sooner than a 1 year, meaning you will not have an active PR when you apply for wp. Second, CIC says you can apply for any temporary when you have active PR.
Dear Amir,
Thank you for the reply. I did a deep search in the CIC website looking for this statement with no result. Did you see it yourself or it's based on your experiences or a lawyer said that?

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
Dear Amir,
Thank you for the reply. I did a deep search in the CIC website looking for this statement with no result. Did you see it yourself or it's based on your experiences or a lawyer said that?
My application for a permanent resident visa is currently being processed at the Embassy. Can I go to Canada as a tourist and wait for my visa there?
You may travel to Canada as a tourist before you get your permanent resident visa. However, we strongly advise against making any definitive arrangements for your stay in Canada until you have received your permanent resident visa.
You will need to apply for a visitor visa to travel to Canada as a tourist.

I found this. A lawyer told me once. I recommend ask a pro, a real pro I mean

Reactions: bezzad

bezzad

Aug 16, 2016
My application for a permanent resident visa is currently being processed at the Embassy. Can I go to Canada as a tourist and wait for my visa there?
You may travel to Canada as a tourist before you get your permanent resident visa. However, we strongly advise against making any definitive arrangements for your stay in Canada until you have received your permanent resident visa.
You will need to apply for a visitor visa to travel to Canada as a tourist.

I found this. A lawyer told me once. I recommend ask a pro, a real pro I mean
Thank you for taking the time to find this.
I've talked with several lawyers without any percise and clear result. Finding a real pro one is really tough.

Reactions: amir788

Angel soni

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
when does the validity of work permit start ?

When you land. The WP will be issued at the airport by the officer
But i got the visa stamped in my passport of category W1 that has already date of issue and date of expiry printed. This is for SUV work permit.
now is this the work permit or this is like a POE but stamped in the passport ?
i can’t upload an image

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021

But i got the visa stamped in my passport of category W1 that has already date of issue and date of expiry printed. This is for SUV work permit.
i can’t upload an image
I think it is the timeframe you are able to land in.

Reactions: Angel soni

Nightbirde

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
Hi all
Do you know if one in startup team receives his work permit,does it means that the others will receive it soon, or it doesn't matter?
there are two essential in team
Hi, the other will get for sure. One of my friends got WP after 12 months and her teammate got it after 16 months. Shall I ask you a timeline for a person who received WP? Thanks

Nightbirde

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022

i can’t upload an image
Hello, what is your timeframe to receive WP for SUV? Did you receive ghost update before PPR? Thanks in advance

Angel soni

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
processing time was great . Wish you the best
Thank you so much.

But i didn’t get any TRV with W1 visa. I had read that a TRV ( visitor visa ) valid till your passport is valid is given along with the POE letter which I now believe is W1 visa with a year validity.