+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Startup Visa Program Timeline

Angel soni

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
Folks here is an update from me.
i along with four co founders applied for SUV PR between April and July‘ 22 From India.We all have received temp file number.
one of our team member applied for WP in last week of may and have received medical request yesterday.
so hang in ! things are moving.

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
i along with four co founders applied for SUV PR between April and July‘ 22 From India.We all have received temp file number.
one of our team member applied for WP in last week of may and have received medical request yesterday.
I hope so. Did you apply on paper For PR?

Nightbirde

Star Member
Jul 6, 2022
@Nightbirde - Most of these updates don't have much meaning and it's been repeatedly admitted by IRCC that these are not linked with real-time updates. They are working on making it real-time and that's one of the latest initiatives by the Immigration Minister, so we applicants know the real status of our files. But it will take a while to take effect.

So for now, the only updates you need to worry about are if they reach out for any additional information or final decision. In that case it will say you have a new mail in your application. Make sure you open them and respond to them in a timely manner.
Thanks for your kind reply. My major question is, are they currently working on my application after GU considers my profile? 32 weeks passed from the biometric completion date. The processing time for Iran is 31 weeks.

I sent them an email and here is the reply:

Dear Applicant,

This refers to your email.

Please be advised that your application has been received and is currently under review. We are unable to confirm, at this time, when a final decision will be made on your application. Processing times may vary due to the volume of applications received and other factors. We will contact you if further information is required to process your application. Please ensure to read the messages in your MyAccount.

Failure to submit requested information, could cause further delays and may result in the refusal of your application.

Thank you/Merci,

Migration Section – Section de la Migration
Canadian Embassy in Ankara (Turkey) – Ambassade du Canada à Ankara (Turquie)

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019
Thanks for your kind reply. My major question is, are they currently working on my application after GU considers my profile? 32 weeks passed from the biometric completion date. The processing time for Iran is 31 weeks.

I sent them an email and here is the reply:

Dear Applicant,

This refers to your email.

Please be advised that your application has been received and is currently under review. We are unable to confirm, at this time, when a final decision will be made on your application. Processing times may vary due to the volume of applications received and other factors. We will contact you if further information is required to process your application. Please ensure to read the messages in your MyAccount.

Failure to submit requested information, could cause further delays and may result in the refusal of your application.

Thank you/Merci,

Migration Section – Section de la Migration
Canadian Embassy in Ankara (Turkey) – Ambassade du Canada à Ankara (Turquie)
@Nightbirde - I can understand your anxiety and quest to know more from this forum. We have all gone through that phase and can relate to it. But please know what you are asking nobody here can answer for you. And what the Embassy quotes is average processing time, so that means some will get processed sooner and some later. So don't hold your hopes on that one number.

Reactions: Nightbirde

saurabhnsonar

Aug 12, 2013
applied for SUV PR between April and July‘ 22 From India.
Is it true what I am reading? 2022 application got temp file number? I applied in May 2022. No update yet.

lanefeng

Aug 9, 2022
Category........
BUSINESS
Hi Guys, Thank you for your sharing. I have a question about WP.
Our application was received on May 27th 2021, and we got a Temporary Application no. (XE0021XXXXX) on July 2nd 2021. Since that, we have not received any update.

Unfortunately, we did NOT apply WP, my business partner and I thought we could have enough time to arrange our business and personal life in our country last year. At that moment IRCC promised that the whole processing time should be about 16 months or less. Now we think we can not wait anymore, we really need to run our business as soon as possible.

I am not sure if anyone has similar experience like us, should we change our PR application to get the WP? or we just need to submit the WP application separately. I emailed IRCC, but have not received any reply. I do not know how should I do.

Thank you!:)

Reactions: Nightbirde

Bolaji1984

Mar 3, 2020
Our application was received on May 27th 2021, and we got a Temporary Application no. (XE0021XXXXX) on July 2nd 2021. Since that, we have not received any update.

Unfortunately, we did NOT apply WP, my business partner and I thought we could have enough time to arrange our business and personal life in our country last year. At that moment IRCC promised that the whole processing time should be about 16 months or less. Now we think we can not wait anymore, we really need to run our business as soon as possible.

I am not sure if anyone has similar experience like us, should we change our PR application to get the WP? or we just need to submit the WP application separately. I emailed IRCC, but have not received any reply. I do not know how should I do.

You can now apply for the work permit which is in any case done locally while pr is pending in canada

lanefeng

Aug 9, 2022
Category........
BUSINESS
You can now apply for the work permit which is in any case done locally while pr is pending in canada
Hi Bolaji1984, Thank you for you reply!

I am a little bit confused, on our Letter of Support, The question "There are urgent business reasons for the applicant to come to Canada before permanent residence is obtained" was answered with "NO". Incubator told us they can re-issue the letter of support with answer "YES".

As you mentioned, if we are going to apply for the WP directly, is there any problem? I am not sure if we should submit this re-issued letter to IRCC, and then we are eligibility to apply WP. or WP application is totally separate process, we just ignore the content on the letter of support.

Thank you!

Startup_Visa

Star Member
Sep 30, 2019

@lanefeng - we can all relate to your dilemma. However, I don't recall in 2021 IRCC having average processing time for SUV as 16 months, to the best of my knowledge it's been hovering around 30+ months since 2021. Also it's not a promise by IRCC, it's just average processing time, so lots of people will get their decision way after the current 32 months wait period.

With regard to your WP, it's a different application and you don't need to change anything with your PR application. Both applications are independent of each other. The time to get WP will depend on where you are applying from as WP are processed by resepective Consulates in your home country and some countries have very long waiting time.

Reactions: BiancaVu

manupmathew

Star Member
May 7, 2012
CIMM – Data Dashboard – February 15 and 17, 2022
Permanent Resident
Intake
Application Type/ Immigration Category2020 Full Year(Jan - Dec) 2020(Jan - Dec) 2021
Start-up Visa1,1471,14713
Output
Start-up Visa288288778
Admissions
Start-up Visa259259383
Prospective Inventory
Application Type/ Immigration CategoryEnd of Dec 2021
Start-up Visa8,986
Processing Inventory
Application Type/ Immigration CategoryEnd of 2020End of Dec 2020End of Dec 2021
Start-up Visa1,2701,2701,264
Landing Inventory
Application Type/ Immigration CategoryEnd of 2020End of Dec 2020End of Dec 2021
Start-up Visa6161289
Total Inventory (Prospective, Processing & Landing)
Application Type/ Immigration CategoryEnd of 2021
Start-up Visa10,539
Processing times and service standards
Application Type/ Immigration Category2020 Full Year12 Month Period ending on Dec 202012 Month Period ending on Dec 2021
Start-up Visa202029
Canada - Admissions of Permanent Residents by Immigration Category and Landing Year, November 1 - 30, 2021
Application Type/ Immigration Category2021 November
Start-up Visa73
Date modified: 5/10/2022

Angel soni

Star Member
Jul 27, 2022
Hello everyone,

can anyone help me with these questions

does the work permit POE letter always have one year as permit validity ?

after getting POE letter of introduction, can you first travel after 6 months ?

does the work permit validity begin after we land at the port of entry ?

i am expecting my WP by dec. if I travel in may will this be a problem ?

thank you

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
Hi Bolaji1984, Thank you for you reply!

I am a little bit confused, on our Letter of Support, The question "There are urgent business reasons for the applicant to come to Canada before permanent residence is obtained" was answered with "NO". Incubator told us they can re-issue the letter of support with answer "YES".

As you mentioned, if we are going to apply for the WP directly, is there any problem? I am not sure if we should submit this re-issued letter to IRCC, and then we are eligibility to apply WP. or WP application is totally separate process, we just ignore the content on the letter of support.

Thank you!
hi, for WP you need to be essential person in order to apply for WP. this means the answer to that question have to be yes. You need a new LOS for the WP only. You dont need to change the LOS for PR application.

amir788

Star Member
Dec 6, 2021
Is it true what I am reading? 2022 application got temp file number? I applied in May 2022. No update yet.
temp file number does not mean anything special. It means they have received you paper application you sent by mail. it is equal to submission confirmation in online application.

Reactions: khietlam