+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Start up visa

Rach03

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
I have been recently accepted into one of the incubator programs after interview and supposed to take a intensive course of 2 weeks. Does it take a lot of time to get the letter of support as the business is very serious in need to get into market soon.
Hi kshukla, I have been searching this program for months. There are also some agents contacting me and asking for a lot of money but im not sure if they will do like what they say. May I know what incubator are you working with?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Hi kshukla, I have been searching this program for months. There are also some agents contacting me and asking for a lot of money but im not sure if they will do like what they say. May I know what incubator are you working with?
Be very careful of agents asking for lots of money. 99% of the time it's a scam.

I presume you have gone through this list?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/designated-organizations.html#incubators

Have you had any success contacting these organizations? Has anyone shown interest in your venture? In addition, are you applying to other incubators (Ycombinator, for example)?

Rach03

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
Be very careful of agents asking for lots of money. 99% of the time it's a scam.

I presume you have gone through this list?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/designated-organizations.html#incubators

Have you had any success contacting these organizations? Has anyone shown interest in your venture? In addition, are you applying to other incubators (Ycombinator, for example)?
I havent, people here said i might get cold contact. So I need to be very careful before contacting them in the first time.
Any advise for the first impression?

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I havent, people here said i might get cold contact. So I need to be very careful before contacting them in the first time.
Any advise for the first impression?
If you're going to run a successful startup, the very first thing you need to learn is to not be afraid to ask for money. You need to be sure you're going to change the world! No one has ever seen an idea like yours! You're a disruptor! etc. etc. You need to be OK with rejection as well.

That's how you get $$$ funding for stupid ideas like Juicero and Yo!

Source: Close friends who have collectively raised millions from various SV VCs. The advice I'll give you is to read some of the bazillion articles on raising money and start to put that into practice.

I don't have any other specific tips for you, sorry. Good luck.

Reactions: Rach03

Rach03

Star Member
Aug 15, 2019
If you're going to run a successful startup, the very first thing you need to learn is to not be afraid to ask for money. You need to be sure you're going to change the world! No one has ever seen an idea like yours! You're a disruptor! etc. etc. You need to be OK with rejection as well.

That's how you get $$$ funding for stupid ideas like Juicero and Yo!

Source: Close friends who have collectively raised millions from various SV VCs. The advice I'll give you is to read some of the bazillion articles on raising money and start to put that into practice.

I don't have any other specific tips for you, sorry. Good luck.
No dont be sorry, thats good enough. Thanks for the sharing!