+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Start-up VISA program

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
You want to prepare the documents to obtain support letter?
It seems that you are one who helping people. Please give how can I start from zero to end...please advice what are the exact requirement of incubators? what exactly they are looking for?

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
It seems that you are one who helping people. Please give how can I start from zero to end...please advice what are the exact requirement of incubators? what exactly they are looking for?
Just trying to help our community by sharing what i have experienced in my journey. If you are starting from zero and i assume you want to apply for SUV, work on a presentation deck which explains your business. Start by downloading a free business plan and fill it out as much as you can. While doing that, you'll learn a lot about yourself if you are ready to take this journey. I just searched on the internet and found this is free https://www.score.org/resource/business-plan-template-startup-business. I would start from there. Fill out the inquiry form for each and every incubator listed on this page https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/designated-organizations.html. Remember, it may take long time before they respond. They would only respond if your idea seems interesting to them. For me it took about 6-8 months and again, it's specific to your case.

Lastly, work on this process every single day until you are accepted by one of them and keep building the product/service in the mean time. You can also register your company in Canada if you are ready. This will give you a good chance to get accepted. I hope it'll give you a good head start.

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
Just trying to help our community by sharing what i have experienced in my journey. If you are starting from zero and i assume you want to apply for SUV, work on a presentation deck which explains your business. Start by downloading a free business plan and fill it out as much as you can. While doing that, you'll learn a lot about yourself if you are ready to take this journey. I just searched on the internet and found this is free https://www.score.org/resource/business-plan-template-startup-business. I would start from there. Fill out the inquiry form for each and every incubator listed on this page https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/start-visa/designated-organizations.html. Remember, it may take long time before they respond. They would only respond if your idea seems interesting to them. For me it took about 6-8 months and again, it's specific to your case.

Lastly, work on this process every single day until you are accepted by one of them and keep building the product/service in the mean time. You can also register your company in Canada if you are ready. This will give you a good chance to get accepted. I hope it'll give you a good head start.
Thanks. The plan is very lengthy and need lots of time to complete this plan. In how many days you complete this plan? Minimum investment?

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Thanks. The plan is very lengthy and need lots of time to complete this plan. In how many days you complete this plan? Minimum investment?
True, it's lengthy but that'll give you a sure success. I took me over a year to find the right incubator and to get accepted into a program. You could start things in parallel though. Start working on your product, incorporate in Canada (Optional but recommended), prepare business plan, prepare presentation and keep applying. No minimum investment, just the hard work and dedication.

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
True, it's lengthy but that'll give you a sure success. I took me over a year to find the right incubator and to get accepted into a program. You could start things in parallel though. Start working on your product, incorporate in Canada (Optional but recommended), prepare business plan, prepare presentation and keep applying. No minimum investment, just the hard work and dedication.
Thanks...I see many post in which they claimed that incubators asking for money otherwise they will cancel the LOS...Is incubator ask for any money for LOS? if yes then how much?

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Thanks...I see many post in which they claimed that incubators asking for money otherwise they will cancel the LOS...Is incubator ask for any money for LOS? if yes then how much?
As you may have seen my reply on another post, incubators just follow their terms and the agreement you signed with them. It’s very important for you to find the incubator that suits your business needs. There is a fee involved with each program that participants should pay and that varies by the incubator. You should understand their fee structure and estimate the cost before agreeing to the terms and signing the contract.

some incubators have monthly fees until you get your PR, some go by program stages and some go by flat. You have to find the one that suits your (business) needs.

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
As you may have seen my reply on another post, incubators just follow their terms and the agreement you signed with them. It’s very important for you to find the incubator that suits your business needs. There is a fee involved with each program that participants should pay and that varies by the incubator. You should understand their fee structure and estimate the cost before agreeing to the terms and signing the contract.

some incubators have monthly fees until you get your PR, some go by program stages and some go by flat. You have to find the one that suits your (business) needs.
is it possible to share approximate fee?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
thanks but 10K to 100K is big margin...
Every incubator has different specialties and services. The cost will depend what services your business requires. So my question to you is - what does your business concept require - mentorship, business planning, physical space, investment etc. All your needs will determine the total cost if the incubator is interested in your business.

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
Every incubator has different specialties and services. The cost will depend what services your business requires. So my question to you is - what does your business concept require - mentorship, business planning, physical space, investment etc. All your needs will determine the total cost if the incubator is interested in your business.
mentorship, business planning, physical space, investment etc. -- is part of any incubation program and it's given to participants anyways in my experience.
All your needs will determine the total cost if the incubator is interested in your business. -- In a way but not necessarily. As per my experience, there is no direct formula to derive the cost and one should ask incubator itself if they get accepted, why would they charge that amount. As the fees vary, the answers may vary too, so to summarize, we can't know exactly why someone would charge 10K vs someone would charge 100k.

Reactions: Naturgrl

cooolideal

Jul 2, 2014
mentorship, business planning, physical space, investment etc. -- is part of any incubation program and it's given to participants anyways in my experience.
All your needs will determine the total cost if the incubator is interested in your business. -- In a way but not necessarily. As per my experience, there is no direct formula to derive the cost and one should ask incubator itself if they get accepted, why would they charge that amount. As the fees vary, the answers may vary too, so to summarize, we can't know exactly why someone would charge 10K vs someone would charge 100k.
correct thanks...

nafees ahmed

May 23, 2021
& Again, if anyone has a great idea that could turn into a viable global business, they would get the letter of support. Just to be more specific, each incubator defines its own terms, so it’s up to the founders to find the one that is best suited for them, whether they have a running business or just an idea, really doesn’t matter.
Hi

I have more than 25 years of experience and now planning to immigrate to Canada through SUV program. Can you please suggest some good incubator for IT related business, their fee approximately and how much time they take to give you LOS

Thanks

Young Amigo

Dec 12, 2017
The Start up Visa is pretty new. Express Entry aims at young university graduate[mainly aged 30 and below] with certain working experience which is quite straight forward to apply provided you can fulfil the requirements such as English proficiency, acceptable working experience and recognized academic qualification.
So, what are the targets of start up visa? Looks like much more difficult and complex to apply! Aged above 30? Innovative business plan and ideas? Adequate business experience [entrepreneurs]? Enough fund like $75000 to $200000 to invest or operate in a specified city in Canada? Minimum local employees to be haired{5?] ? And conditions attached to the stay if granted ? Proof of continuing operation of business after grant of PR? etc....etc
Perhaps professional assistance and advice from lawyers need to be sought to go about! Can anyone shed some light or ideas to elaborate further for the information of readers.