+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Start-up VISA program

delucado

May 22, 2013
Hello everyone,
the start-up visa program is running from april 1.
I am wondering about who can submit the start-up idea to VCs and Angels: in case a company is aiming to launch a start-up in Canada (the business area might be or not linked to the current business), does somebody know how that company can start there under start-up VISA umbrella ?
As an example, can the company ZZZ license a person to submit an idea using their patents, technologies and products, and will this person get the VISA ?
Thanks
Regards

singhabhishek251

Jun 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need to attract an investment of at-least $75,000 from them and then you can apply with your 5 employees in maximum and without full time employees you cannot get visa. If your idea can get $75,000 investment and have some full-time employees, then you can go ahead.

amansingh123

Star Member
Mar 9, 2013
Hello sir...

can freshers apply .Like two or three friends who have good idea and just need investment from investors?

will that be acceptable?

ps2fan

Feb 3, 2011
Raj0078 said:
Is it possible to apply for Start Up Visa from outseide Canada?
Yes you can very much apply from outside of the country. Even I even managed to attend one of the seminars arranged by Canadian Consulate at a local college in Pune regarding the start up visa program

singhabhishek251

Jun 3, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for the information, I was out of forum for some time now and I am back and glad that I got this useful information for my clients.

tabs999

Nov 4, 2020
Can anybody suggest that whether we should apply for work visa of canada under SUV programm ,as we got letter of support or should we directly apply for PR on;y.Suggest pls

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
No I am already part of it,and it is clearly mentioned you cannot go with idea,they do due deligience & check all data before they give you SUV LOS.
You can’t generalize what is your perspective to be a rule. I went with idea and obtained SUV LOS. I don’t know what you are referring to but there is nothing clearly mentioned as you say. I would recommend you to check the government site again to understand the requirements.

hmblaster

Star Member
Nov 24, 2020
You can’t generalize what is your perspective to be a rule. I went with idea and obtained SUV LOS. I don’t know what you are referring to but there is nothing clearly mentioned as you say. I would recommend you to check the government site again to understand the requirements.
& Again, if anyone has a great idea that could turn into a viable global business, they would get the letter of support. Just to be more specific, each incubator defines its own terms, so it’s up to the founders to find the one that is best suited for them, whether they have a running business or just an idea, really doesn’t matter.

Nomad80

Mar 10, 2021
Hi Guys,
Could you please share your experiences about application process. Shall i use consultant or it is posiible to prepare all the documents on my own and get support letter ?