+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stamping of passport for visa(Is same day possible)

nimi

Sep 27, 2007
From the discussions i see that some people are saying that it is possible to drop yr passport in person and have it stamped on the same day. Is this true/possible?

If it is true; is it peculiar to some CHC or it obtains in all CHC abroad. My application is in London and i want to know if this obtains there?

Please respond!

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
Yes, if it is feasible for an applicant, then it is possible to go in person with your passport for your visa. Remember, it is a visa and can be picked up in person like all other visas - just go on one of the prescribed days and at the earliest prescribed time as stated on the Passport Request.

When the London office sends you your Passport Request Letter, read the instructions for the different methods you can use to have your visa in your passport, and go with the one that works best for you.

The London office should not be any different with regard to picking up your PR visa and COPR in person.

I applied from U.S. and I picked up my PR visa and COPR.

nimi said:
From the discussions i see that some people are saying that it is possible to drop yr passport in person and have it stamped on the same day. Is this true/possible?

If it is true; is it peculiar to some CHC or it obtains in all CHC abroad. My application is in London and i want to know if this obtains there?

Please respond!

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Libra said:
Yes, if it is feasible for an applicant, then it is possible to go in person with your passport for your visa. Remember, it is a visa and can be picked up in person like all other visas - just go on one of the prescribed days and at the earliest prescribed time as stated on the Passport Request.

When the London office sends you your Passport Request Letter, read the instructions for the different methods you can use to have your visa in your passport, and go with the one that works best for you.

The London office should not be any different with regard to picking up your PR visa and COPR in person.

I applied from U.S. and I picked up my PR visa and COPR.

nimi said:

Please respond!
No, each office is different, for example you can submit and pick up your passports in Buffalo on Tuesday and Thursday, London, you drop it off and pick it up 2 weeks later. Most other offices don't have a drop off and pick up service.

PMM

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
PMM said:
Most other offices don't have a drop off and pick up service.

PMM
Please name these other Consular offices that will not let a resident applicant (a PR applicant living within that country) pick up his or her PR visa from the Consulate located within his or her resident country.

Nimi currently lives in Glasgow, Scotland and does not fall under the category of applicants who live elsewhere outside of the U.K. but have their applications processed by the London office.

live in glasgow too............but could not get an early date for medicals here.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/brown-envelope-t5821.0.html;msg16038#msg16038

For example, applicants from Saudi Arabia might only be left with the option of having their passports being put in the mail. The Abijan, Cote D'Ivoire Consulate would require other nationals from neighboring countries to put their passport in the mail, but the Ivorians can pick up their PR visas.

So, as a U.K. resident living in Glasgow, Scotland, the answer to Nimi's question is that Nimi can pick up the PR visa according to the prescribed days and times on the Passport Request Letter as I clearly mentioned to Nimi. It may be two weeks now, but we don't know for certain what the prescribed time frame would be when Nimi finally receives her passport request.

I believe I started my previous post with, "Yes, if it is feasible for an applicant, . . ." It will not be "feasible" for the Saudi applicant to pick up his or her PR visa from London - and the Saudi appliants know that as well as the meaning of the word, "feasible."

And thank you in advance for naming those Consular offices that will not let a resident applicant pick up his or her PR visa from the Consulate located within his or her resident country.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Libra said:
PMM said:

PMM
Please name these other Consular offices that will not let a resident applicant (a PR applicant living within that country) pick up his or her PR visa from the Consulate located within his or her resident country.

Nimi currently lives in Glasgow, Scotland and does not fall under the category of applicants who live elsewhere outside of the U.K. but have their applications processed by the London office.

live in glasgow too............but could not get an early date for medicals here.
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/brown-envelope-t5821.0.html;msg16038#msg16038

For example, applicants from Saudi Arabia might only be left with the option of having their passports being put in the mail. The Abijan, Cote D'Ivoire Consulate would require other nationals from neighboring countries to put their passport in the mail, but the Ivorians can pick up their PR visas.

So, as a U.K. resident living in Glasgow, Scotland, the answer to Nimi's question is that Nimi can pick up the PR visa according to the prescribed days and times on the Passport Request Letter as I clearly mentioned to Nimi. It may be two weeks now, but we don't know for certain what the prescribed time frame would be when Nimi finally receives her passport request.

I believe I started my previous post with, "Yes, if it is feasible for an applicant, . . ." It will not be "feasible" for the Saudi applicant to pick up his or her PR visa from London - and the Saudi appliants know that as well as the meaning of the word, "feasible."

And thank you in advance for naming those Consular offices that will not let a resident applicant pick up his or her PR visa from the Consulate located within his or her resident country.
You have to research each office as to their requirements for passport pick up and drop off. It is usually outlined in their Passport Request letter, eg New Delhi, passports must be mailed.

PMM

Libra

Jun 8, 2007
If you can only name the New Dehli, India Consulate as the sole example, then it is not representative of the word, "Most" as in "Most other offices don't have a drop off and pick up service."

Maybe as time goes along, forum members/applicants who are residents in countries in which the Canadian Consulates require mailing in the passports as a must, will let us know about such consular locations.

PMM said:
Hi

Libra said:
PMM said:

PMM
You have to research each office as to their requirements for passport pick up and drop off. It is usually outlined in their Passport Request letter, eg New Delhi, passports must be mailed.

PMM

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Libra said:
If you can only name the New Dehli, India Consulate as the sole example, then it is not representative of the word, "Most" as in "Most other offices don't have a drop off and pick up service."

Maybe as time goes along, forum members/applicants who are residents in countries in which the Canadian Consulates require mailing in the passports as a must, will let us know about such consular locations.

PMM said:
Hi

Libra said:
PMM said:

PMM

PMM
Here are a couple of more.

Islamabad, Courier service or mail
Seoul Courier

PMM

shabab

Star Member
Jan 25, 2007
Hi PMM

I got my VISA & COPR last week.
I submitted my passport in the morning at NY Consulate and got the VISAS around 2:30PM.
I appreciate your help for all your advices and suggestions.

They also gave me Medical Surveillance Letter. Could you throw some light on this subject.
Thanks
Shabab

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

shabab said:
Hi PMM

I got my VISA & COPR last week.
I submitted my passport in the morning at NY Consulate and got the VISAS around 2:30PM.
I appreciate your help for all your advices and suggestions.

They also gave me Medical Surveillance Letter. Could you throw some light on this subject.
Thanks
Shabab

You have to report by phone to the local health department where you will be living. See: http://www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/resources/publications/welcome/wel-06e.asp

PMM

abeni_okin

Star Member
Sep 28, 2007
congrats shabab aint you lucky. i wish you the best. we are coming right behind you. which one is medical surveillance form, i've not heard of that before