+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stage 2: IEC- Processing Times?

simonvee

Jul 13, 2009
Hi,

Has anybody had their application processed for stage 2 of IEC or know of anyone had it processed? If so, what was the waiting time? I.e. submission online to receiving Letter of Introduction.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
simonvee said:
Hi,

Has anybody had their application processed for stage 2 of IEC or know of anyone had it processed? If so, what was the waiting time? I.e. submission online to receiving Letter of Introduction.
I don't know if the processing times are different in other countries, but from what I've read it takes about
8 (eight) weeks from the time you submit your IEC application until you get the LOI.

simonvee

Jul 13, 2009
Are you sure you're not confused with the time you submit your documents for stage 1 till the time you receive your Conditional Acceptance Letter? I have read that it takes up to 8 weeks for that. From the time you submit MyCIC online to the LOI is what I'm curious about.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
simonvee said:
Are you sure you're not confused with the time you submit your documents for stage 1 till the time you receive your Conditional Acceptance Letter? I have read that it takes up to 8 weeks for that. From the time you submit MyCIC online to the LOI is what I'm curious about.
Yes, I am sure. Read below.

What is the average processing time for an International Experience Canada (IEC) application?

Average Processing Time: eight (8) weeks (calendar days) from the time you submit your application through the IEC Kompass account until your receive your Letter of Introduction.

OC

Feb 11, 2013
I just submitted all my documents for stage two. I'll keep you updated on the timeline!

(I will be so pi$$ed if my application gets rejected and I have to leave Canada).

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
OC said:
I just submitted all my documents for stage two. I'll keep you updated on the timeline!

(I will be so pi$$ed if my application gets rejected and I have to leave Canada).
Well you don't have to leave, you always have the option of extending your stay as a visitor :)

Justin86

Feb 12, 2013
So in theory, in about 8 weeks i should get my "letter of introduction" and then i can start my travels from there right?

In 7 weeks, i'm meant to be seeing Green Day in New York, so hope because of the quota breaks, they can process the first batch quicker :D

laudern

Feb 1, 2013
When beginning Step 2 you have to fill out the online questionnaire to see if you are suitable to work in Canada on the CIC website. Now since I already have a open work permit and am already in canada, when I do the questionnaire it asks what is my country of residence is. If I put canada, the end result comes up saying I can't work in canada. But if I say my country of residence is Australia, it says I can.

So I'm assuming for the Family Information Form IMM5707 and IMM1295 Application form that needs to be filled out, I just say my address is in Australia????

Simone, what have you said?

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
laudern said:
When beginning Step 2 you have to fill out the online questionnaire to see if you are suitable to work in Canada on the CIC website. Now since I already have a open work permit and am already in canada, when I do the questionnaire it asks what is my country of residence is. If I put canada, the end result comes up saying I can't work in canada. But if I say my country of residence is Australia, it says I can.

So I'm assuming for the Family Information Form IMM5707 and IMM1295 Application form that needs to be filled out, I just say my address is in Australia????

Simone, what have you said?
For the 'Come to Canada' wizard you have to provide your home country as country of residence, as it is one of the IEC requirements
that you usually reside in your home country.
It sure is possible to apply from within Canada.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
Anyone already heard back from CIC stage 2 of IEC application? Still waiting.
Application submitted Feb 11th. NO response from CIC on my side.