+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Stage 2: IEC- Processing Times?

simonvee

Jul 13, 2009
I was hoping that there is a separate CIC branch of each governing country that assesses stage 2 applications. I could imagine the tens of thousands of applications from France, UK, Japan, Germany, Australia etc. It also seems like there is a HUGE amount of applicants applying this year compared to 2 years ago when I first applied. However, from what you said before it's being processed by one single department.

On a good note, correct me if I am wrong, but CIC works 7 days a week.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
simonvee said:
I was hoping that there is a separate CIC branch of each governing country that assesses stage 2 applications. I could imagine the tens of thousands of applications from France, UK, Japan, Germany, Australia etc. It also seems like there is a HUGE amount of applicants applying this year compared to 2 years ago when I first applied. However, from what you said before it's being processed by one single department.

On a good note, correct me if I am wrong, but CIC works 7 days a week.
I got my LOI from CIC last year after only THREE weeks. And that wasn't an online application, I had to mail my application.
I wonder why they changed it to that weird online process at all.
They do work 7 days a week? Well, that'd be awesome.

simonvee

Jul 13, 2009
I asked CIC regarding their processing times and they said that it was not workdays but calender days.

Same, 2 years ago I got my LOI in about 3 weeks. This stage 2 really squeezes the deadline. Ie. Minimum of 12 weeks before you can re-apply. 4 weeks for IEC approval and 4 weeks (hopefully) for CIC approval.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
simonvee said:
I asked CIC regarding their processing times and they said that it was not workdays but calender days.

Same, 2 years ago I got my LOI in about 3 weeks. This stage 2 really squeezes the deadline. Ie. Minimum of 12 weeks before you can re-apply. 4 weeks for IEC approval and 4 weeks (hopefully) for CIC approval.
Yes, the times posted on
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/temp.asp
are calendar days. I was just wondering if anyone would know which times apply
to the IEC program? :)
Four weeks to process stage 2 seems like a really long time..

OC

Feb 11, 2013
simonvee said:

For some reason I still can't send pm's. I submitted stage two on Feb 14th. Haven't heard anything yet. Set my initial IEC application on Jan 29 so it's been about a month total since I started the process.

iam_toby

VIP Member
Feb 4, 2013
As of feb 27th CIC changed processing time to 26 days for online submitted trv. I really hope
That the IEC program is part of the trv timeline. So i/we should hear back from CIC
By the end of next week - hopefully.