+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

St.Clair's applicants

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
I just learned that my file is at St.Clair's office :eek:. 5 months ago I was told my file was transferred to Scarborough office and yesterday I was told my file is at St.Clair and will likely take my exam several months from now. Is it likely to be on this day? has anyone had their test on the same day as they were told or on an earlier or later date?

I though only applicants with RQ get transferred to St.Clair, I do not have RQ (yet :-X)..do everybody get RQ at St.Clair?

parkbr

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 4 2009
Doc's Request.
Mar 30 2012
AOR Received.
May 18 2012
File Transfer...
Jun 4 2012
Med's Request
Aug 1 2012
Med's Done....
Aug 13 2012 (Sent on 16th)
Passport Req..
Oct 29 2012
Yolka said:
I just learned that my file is at St.Clair's office :eek:. 5 months ago I was told my file was transferred to Scarborough office and yesterday I was told my file is at St.Clair and will likely take my exam several months from now. Is it likely to be on this day? has anyone had their test on the same day as they were told or on an earlier or later date?

I though only applicants with RQ get transferred to St.Clair, I do not have RQ (yet :-X)..do everybody get RQ at St.Clair?
I was told the same thing. I was told that my file was transferred to Scarborough (originally St.Clair) in August, and I got the test invitation from St.Clair in late October. It was odd. I am currently waiting for the oath.

I called CIC to inquire about the test and they told me nothing has been scheduled, but the very next day, I got the test letter dated the day before (the day I called CIC.)

BTW, I got an RQ. But when I went for the test (we had an interview after the test), there are some people whose file was quite thin (too thin to be RQ submission.), so my guess was not everyone there had an RQ. But it's just my guess. I don't know.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
parkbr said:
I was told the same thing. I was told that my file was transferred to Scarborough (originally St.Clair) in August, and I got the test invitation from St.Clair in late October. It was odd. I am currently waiting for the oath.

I called CIC to inquire about the test and they told me nothing has been scheduled, but the very next day, I got the test letter dated the day before (the day I called CIC.)

BTW, I got an RQ. But when I went for the test (we had an interview after the test), there are some people whose file was quite thin (too thin to be RQ submission.), so my guess was not everyone there had an RQ. But it's just my guess. I don't know.
Thanks parkbr for your prompt reply. I am sorry about your RQ. Did you get it after the test? What is your Timeline? and were you told of your test results right there? sorry for bombarding you with so many questions.

I have applied in May 2012 and was told that my file was transferred to Scarborough in April 2013 and now it is St.Clair. I wish they give RQ at earlier stage not after the test :-(

parkbr

Star Member
May 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jun 4 2009
Doc's Request.
Mar 30 2012
AOR Received.
May 18 2012
File Transfer...
Jun 4 2012
Med's Request
Aug 1 2012
Med's Done....
Aug 13 2012 (Sent on 16th)
Passport Req..
Oct 29 2012
Yolka said:
Thanks parkbr for your prompt reply. I am sorry about your RQ. Did you get it after the test? What is your Timeline? and were you told of your test results right there? sorry for bombarding you with so many questions.

I have applied in May 2012 and was told that my file was transferred to Scarborough in April 2013 and now it is St.Clair. I wish they give RQ at earlier stage not after the test :-(
I applied in Oct 2011. RQ was issued in July 2012 from Sydney and asked to submit to St.Clair. (the same day online status got updated - processing) Then the test was in Oct 2013.
Yes, the test result was told right at the spot when I got the interview.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
parkbr said:
I applied in Oct 2011. RQ was issued in July 2012 from Sydney and asked to submit to St.Clair. (the same day online status got updated - processing) Then the test was in Oct 2013.
Yes, the test result was told right at the spot when I got the interview.
I see, thank you!

toto1234

Aug 8, 2012
hi parkbr

my timeline is submitted/recd jan 12 , rq rcd may 12 and submitted august 12, responsible office now is st claire. how do u contact cic to get and update. i mean where to call, wat time to call please give all details how to reach an agent

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
toto1234 said:
hi parkbr

my timeline is submitted/recd jan 12 , rq rcd may 12 and submitted august 12, responsible office now is st claire. how do u contact cic to get and update. i mean where to call, wat time to call please give all details how to reach an agent
I called from abroad to this number +16139444000, but if you are in Canada you can call to this number 18882422100. I called in the evening which would be morning in Canada (with time difference), I am not sure until what time they work though. Try calling in the morning.

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yolka said:

Hi there,

I called last week and learned that my file had also been transferred to the st. Clair office. This is not really that odd as it has been widely advertised that CIC is trying to de-clog the local T.O. offices, and distributing applications evenly amongst them is one way of doing it. Now, as far as saying that only those with RQs go to St. Clair, well, I seriously doubt it. I, for one, have not received RQ, and know of others that went to St. Clair to write the test and never received RQ either.

Of course, any applicant is susceptible of being required extra information, so there is no way to predict whether or not you or anyone else will get RQ. The odds of receiving it increase when an applicant shows unexplained or multiple absences from the country, or other signs that may raise a red flag.

One thing is for sure: start studying for the test. It appears that people get no more than two weeks to study for the test -and even less - from the moment they receive the letter from CIC, so time is of the essence. Many applicants from mid/2012 have already written the test, so chances are that we - I applied in July/12 - are close to getting the oh-so-expected letter as well.

Cheers

:)

PR42LONG

May 6, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was just informed that my file was transferred from Scarborough to the St Clair office on Oct 24th.

I applied this year May 2013.

Any reason why Scarborough would send my file to St Clair? Back log maybe. I pray no RQs

I have been a PR for over 21 years and traveled once on a 3 days vacation in the last 3 years - I lived in and only Canada since I was a kid.

Suin

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Etobocoke, H&C Grounds
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-03-2014
File Transfer...
31-07-2014
Med's Request
09-12-2014
LANDED..........
24-02-2015, PR Card Received: 02-04-2015
PR42LONG said:
I was just informed that my file was transferred from Scarborough to the St Clair office on Oct 24th.

Any reason why Scarborough would send my file to St Clair? Back log maybe. I pray no RQs

I have been a PR for over 21 years and traveled once on a 3 days vacation in the last 3 years - I lived in and only Canada since I was a kid.
It's definitely because of the backlog. Scarborough is overloaded at this moment and mostly works with non-routine applications.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
Serendipity said:
Hi there,

I called last week and learned that my file had also been transferred to the st. Clair office. This is not really that odd as it has been widely advertised that CIC is trying to de-clog the local T.O. offices, and distributing applications evenly amongst them is one way of doing it. Now, as far as saying that only those with RQs go to St. Clair, well, I seriously doubt it. I, for one, have not received RQ, and know of others that went to St. Clair to write the test and never received RQ either.

Of course, any applicant is susceptible of being required extra information, so there is no way to predict whether or not you or anyone else will get RQ. The odds of receiving it increase when an applicant shows unexplained or multiple absences from the country, or other signs that may raise a red flag.

One thing is for sure: start studying for the test. It appears that people get no more than two weeks to study for the test -and even less - from the moment they receive the letter from CIC, so time is of the essence. Many applicants from mid/2012 have already written the test, so chances are that we - I applied in July/12 - are close to getting the oh-so-expected letter as well.

Cheers

:)
I am kind of relieved to hear that not everybody get RQ at St.Clair! I am not afraid of providing more information to CIC as I have nothing to hide, I just do not like the idea of RQ taking forever to process.

And you are right about studying for the exam, in fact I have been doing that every month since summer lol...i am taking a break now as I get sick to my stomach from worrying while I do the online prep tests...

All the best to you and please let me know when you get your test invite.

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
PR42LONG said:

Wow! Good luck, seems like you are catching up fast with 2012 applicants :) I would not be surprised if you have your test before us as I can see from the forum many applicants from 2013 already took their tests and waiting for Oath. All the best.

Wleed2013

May 12, 2013
Hi Yolka,

Not sure if this make any sense,i got a letter yestrday from ST CLAIR office requesting fingerprint to be done even though I don't live in the GTA area.I live in London On and we do have our own CIC office.I Called CIC today they say my file transferred to London by the end of Sep 2013.

I am confused ::)

Yolka

Mar 28, 2013
Wleed2013 said:
Hi Yolka,

Not sure if this make any sense,i got a letter yestrday from ST CLAIR office requesting fingerprint to be done even though I don't live in the GTA area.I live in London On and we do have our own CIC office.I Called CIC today they say my file transferred to London by the end of Sep 2013.

I am confused ::)
I see what you mean. I am not 100% sure but I do not think I am part of GTA area either and still have my file there. I would like to stay positive though, it does not really matter which office as long as they process our application fast. All the best.