+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

@ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014
Re: @ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

really ? that's ridiculous…

they told after the test the timeline for receiving the oath letter would be 6 months - which is fine..

my test date has passed 1 year and 3 months and I still need to wait 6 more months? it makes no sense

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: @ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

amazing21 said:
really ? that's ridiculous...

they told after the test the timeline for receiving the oath letter would be 6 months - which is fine..

my test date has passed 1 year and 3 months and I still need to wait 6 more months? it makes no sense
lol.. my test date has 1 year 8 Months passed. :)

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

vinaypuri said:
lol.. my test date has 1 year 8 Months passed. :)
I beat both you guys : My test was 23 months ago. My oath will be just two weeks before the two years mark of my test. Looks like I am the champion of the post test delay of this forum :). It is a very questionable honor though ;)

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

ItkExpert said:
I beat both you guys : My test was 23 months ago. My oath will be just two weeks before the two years mark of my test. Looks like I am the champion of the post test delay of this forum :). It is a very questionable honor though ;)
I agree! :)

That Janoo guy will beat all of us. He is set to establish a new record with CIC.

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014

I've read so many posts , and so many different timelines ..conclusion is after DM the oath invitation is very random..it could be anytime really……..some will get within 2 weeks or 2 months or sooner or later………

We can't really figure out the reasons for some get it sooner or later………..

amazing21

Star Member
Sep 30, 2014

cic agents say that after DM we need to wait 6 months is because on the cic website it says :

Citizenship applications will stay in CAS for 180 days after CIC has made a final decision.

However, it could be sooner !!!!! ( I hope this will be my case)

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

amazing21 said:
I've read so many posts , and so many different timelines ..conclusion is after DM the oath invitation is very random..it could be anytime really........some will get within 2 weeks or 2 months or sooner or later.........

We can't really figure out the reasons for some get it sooner or later...........
By far I have noticed if you are transferred to Scarborough from St. Clair then its about 5 weeks.

for mississauga it is like 1-2 weeks.

debonair388

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014

vinaypuri said:
By far I have noticed if you are transferred to Scarborough from St. Clair then its about 5 weeks.

for mississauga it is like 1-2 weeks.
My original office is Mississauga and it has been a little over 2 weeks now. I am not sure if they will change my office seeing that I moved to Toronto.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

vinaypuri said:
I agree! :)

That Janoo guy will beat all of us. He is set to establish a new record with CIC.
Not sure if Janoo had a test (I think he doesn't need one) so if you look at delay between the test day and oath day I have no contestants. :) By the way I would have gladly forfeited this title for someone else. Maybe if you look back at the 2009-2011 group of applicants I would have had some serious competition but majority of these guys have left the forum.

I am contemplating if once I have citizenship certificate in my hand I will say something to the CIC staff at the ceremony and let them know what I think of their behavior. What you guys think ?

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

ItkExpert said:
Not sure if Janoo had a test (I think he doesn't need one) so if you look at delay between the test day and oath day I have no contestants. :) By the way I would have gladly forfeited this title for someone else. Maybe if you look back at the 2009-2011 group of applicants I would have had some serious competition but majority of these guys have left the forum.

I am contemplating if once I have citizenship certificate in my hand I will say something to the CIC staff at the ceremony and let them know what I think of their behavior. What you guys think ?
I would do the same, esp. all the inconsistency we have seen within CIC. Actually, when I complaint to MP's office about CIC, they actually defended CIC saying that Citizenship is a privilege and not a right. CIC has every right to delay your application if it thinks it needs to do further due diligence and investigation.

ItkExpert

Sep 10, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

vinaypuri said:
I would do the same, esp. all the inconsistency we have seen within CIC. Actually, when I complaint to MP's office about CIC, they actually defended CIC saying that Citizenship is a privilege and not a right. CIC has every right to delay your application if it thinks it needs to do further due diligence and investigation.
Yes this makes sense. When I talked with my MP office I did not complain because I figured there is no sense in doing that. CIC and MP are just covering for each other.

CIC needed some extra budget because of government cut backs so they needed to reform the whole system in order to justify the 6 fold hike in application fees. To justify the need for a reform in the system (bill c-24) they needed to create a huge backlog by issuing RQs back in 2010-2013 which proved that the old system does not work and needed to be changed. On the other hand , it played out well for conservatives too since it emphasized their anti immigrants stance which is very popular among their voter base. And the evidence is that now once the application fees are much higher and bill c-24 has passed, applicants are facing much less obstacles in getting their citizenship. RQ's and other residency issues are resolved within reasonable time frame and I have even seen some posts of people getting their citizenship despite missing a few days\weeks of their residency obligations.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Yeah, true.

I personally, just want to go, take oath and get done with it. Really not in a mood to keep any grudges against CIC.

ItkExpert said:
Yes this makes sense. When I talked with my MP office I did not complain because I figured there is not sense . I just wanted to move things in accordance with my own best interest and tried to get things moving. CIC and MP are just covering for each other.

CIC needed some extra budget because of government cut backs so they needed to reform the whole system in order to justify the 6 fold hike in application fees. To justify the need for a reform in the system (bill c-24) they needed to create a huge backlog by issuing RQs back in 2010-2013 which proved that the old system does not work and needed to be changed. On the other hand , it played out well for conservatives too since it emphasized their anti immigrants stance which is very popular among their voter base. And the evidence is that now once the application fees are much higher and bill c-24 has passed, applicants are facing much less obstacles in getting their citizenship. RQ's and other residency issues are resolved within reasonable time frame and I have even seen some posts of people getting their citizenship despite missing a few days\weeks of their residency obligations.

strawberrylemonade

Apr 1, 2015

ItkExpert said:
Yes this makes sense. When I talked with my MP office I did not complain because I figured there is no sense in doing that. CIC and MP are just covering for each other.

You can always call and register your oath. This may or may not have helped in my case.

canadahopeful

Jun 10, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Hi vinaypuri, any luck with oath news, another Tuesday went by for me :(

Decision made for me 26 July.

vinaypuri

Jan 1, 2014
Toronto, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

canadahopeful said:
Hi vinaypuri, any luck with oath news, another Tuesday went by for me :(

Decision made for me 26 July.
None yet. You will have oath by end of next week or a week after considering it is a short week next week. Also, assuming you are scarborough, correct?