+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

@ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

TObound

Star Member
Jun 11, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: @ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

longwaitwithrq said:
If your case is non routine then I think for sure your file would be reviewed at St Clair where all the Rq'd files are sent for decision making.

Also about 4 pages of Atip being withheld did you order the Atip notes by email or the complete Atip information was received on a CD ?

Because have not come across any Atip notes that have been sent by email to have any information withheld, do know that complete Atip received on CD has several pages withheld as they include notes by the officer.

The other reason could be your web browser is not being able to read the first 4 pdf pages, is the first 4 pages blank or is it printed "withheld" on it, suggest make a print as it could be a pdf file reading issue.

If your Atip shows file at St Clair and with level 2 decision maker please share your timeline with us on this thread.
I have been RQed, so my file is definitely non-routine. My file was sent to St. Clair from Scarborough last September and at the end of May this year sent to Mississauga. Not sure if it made to level 2 decision-maker or is being reviewed by level 2 decision-maker now. CIC told me that my file is still "in process". One agent even said that the RQ review has not been completed yet.

First four pages of my ATIP were withheld. The information that I could see started with the RQ letter sent to me and then my application.

Were your ATIP files similar?

I requested ATIP via email. It is not my browser, because it is typed on each first four pages that the information is withheld pursuant to s. 16(1)(c) of the Access to Information Act:

16(1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains

(c) information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information

A few days ago I ordered another ATIP. I hope to get more info from it. Will share once I receive it.

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: @ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 de

TObound said:
I have been RQed, so my file is definitely non-routine. My file was sent to St. Clair from Scarborough last September and at the end of May this year sent to Mississauga. Not sure if it made to level 2 decision-maker or is being reviewed by level 2 decision-maker now. CIC told me that my file is still "in process". One agent even said that the RQ review has not been completed yet.

First four pages of my ATIP were withheld. The information that I could see started with the RQ letter sent to me and then my application.

Were your ATIP files similar?

I requested ATIP via email. It is not my browser, because it is typed on each first four pages that the information is withheld pursuant to s. 16(1)(c) of the Access to Information Act:

16(1) The head of a government institution may refuse to disclose any record requested under this Act that contains

(c) information the disclosure of which could reasonably be expected to be injurious to the enforcement of any law of Canada or a province or the conduct of lawful investigations, including, without restricting the generality of the foregoing, any such information

A few days ago I ordered another ATIP. I hope to get more info from it. Will share once I receive it.
Ok basically what you have got is the complete Atip but because the same was not too many pages they could send it to you by email instead of by cd, and now it makes sense that they have withheld the information because the information they have withheld would be the concerns of the officer (or even your case might have been decided and sent to the local office for the oath, no way to know as you would need the Atip in Electronic File format to know the same) who checked the application and they reserve the right to withhold the same.
Next time you order your Atip you need to order the Electronic Files not the Paper Files and you will be able to see your file status, hope clear.

Also would request you to post your queries in the relevant threads as we who are following this thread have created this thread " @ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker" to have information relevant to us at one place, please do check in your Atip when you receive the same if your file status is similar to ours and in that case do provide us your timeline as well.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: @ St Clair-RQ-Preliminary review completed, referred to level 2 decision maker

Folks, how often do you order(ed) your ATIPs? every 3-4 months?
Do you reckon it has any positive or negative effect on the processing speed of the application?
Thanks.

Moe...

Jul 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

HighFive said:
Folks, how often do you order(ed) your ATIPs? every 3-4 months?
Do you reckon it has any positive or negative effect on the processing speed of the application?
Thanks.
There is no harm is ordering ATIP. It probably only helps a bit to push the file forward. Never heard of it effecting in negative way to any one. You can order once in 2 months probably as it takes 30 days to receive it so wait for a week or two before ordering a new one.

HighFive

Mar 13, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Moe... said:
There is no harm is ordering ATIP. It probably only helps a bit to push the file forward. Never heard of it effecting in negative way to any one. You can order once in 2 months probably as it takes 30 days to receive it so wait for a week or two before ordering a new one.
Thanks Moe... If they promised to have decisions made for all citizenship applicants by end of fiscal year (March 31 2015) in Bill C-24 release that gives us a bright light at the end of tunnel. I will order another ATIP in August.

canopywing

Dec 16, 2013

I got my oath letter today dated June 12 for ceremony on June 26.

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

canopywing said:
I got my oath letter today dated June 12 for ceremony on June 26.
Congratulations on getting the Oath letter finally ! Also thanks for the timeline and the update, if by any chance there is any change on your case on the cic website as well let us know.

debonair388

Star Member
Dec 29, 2014

@ longwaitwithrq...Can you please update the sheet...my level 2 decision is 13th of April not May.

Thanks

saywisdom

Star Member
Dec 26, 2013
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Could you please correct mine as well !
Referred to level 2 in March 2015 (instead of April 2015)

I do have a question for you Guys, do we need to have a valid PR Card in the oath day ? (I know that we need to keep PR status but not sure if we need to renew the card)....

longwaitwithrq

Star Member
May 25, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

saywisdom said:
Could you please correct mine as well !
Referred to level 2 in March 2015 (instead of April 2015)

I do have a question for you Guys, do we need to have a valid PR Card in the oath day ? (I know that we need to keep PR status but not sure if we need to renew the card)....
seriously why would you not apply for your pr card if it has expired or about to expire, why to give cic any reason to further delay your citizenship, best of luk.

If there is something to hide that will show up when u apply for your pr card then it maybe damned if you do damned if you don't !

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

hi guys this is my story below;

Office is Scarborough center:

Received: May 10, 2012.

Process application: Oct 25, 2012.

Residence questionnaire requested CIT 0171 (09-2012) E version : Nov 30, 2012.

Residence questionnaire sent: January 9, 2013.

1st Fingerprint Request: January 24, 2013.

1st Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2013.

Text Exam: February 7, 2014 and passed at St Clair office.

2nd Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2014.

2 Mini Residence questionnaire requested CIT 0520 (07-2014) E version : December 17, 2014

File assigned to officer: December 17, 2014

Additional documents sent: March 14, 2015

Additional documents received: March 16, 2015

Oath Ceremony: ?????

i got my atip report yesderday is says corresondence: 1

Template Title: "citizenship application record of decision"
Document status:Done

do you have any idea guys what it means?

Alfurais

May 21, 2015

bogazici10 said:
hi guys this is my story below;

Office is Scarborough center:

Received: May 10, 2012.

Process application: Oct 25, 2012.

Residence questionnaire requested CIT 0171 (09-2012) E version : Nov 30, 2012.

Residence questionnaire sent: January 9, 2013.

1st Fingerprint Request: January 24, 2013.

1st Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2013.

Text Exam: February 7, 2014 and passed at St Clair office.

2nd Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2014.

2 Mini Residence questionnaire requested CIT 0520 (07-2014) E version : December 17, 2014

File assigned to officer: December 17, 2014

Additional documents sent: March 14, 2015

Additional documents received: March 16, 2015

Oath Ceremony: ?????

i got my atip report yesderday is says corresondence: 1

Template Title: "citizenship application record of decision"
Document status:Done

do you have any idea guys what it means?
I believe it means that a decision has been done to your case, I read something about a draft been done and it said that this is usually done before an approval. But I'm not 100% sure, that's what I read.

Alfurais

May 21, 2015

FYI:

Quote"

I just searched for citizenship record of decision on CIC website , and I found this:

Positive decision
Citizenship officer

When a citizenship officer renders a positive decision (i.e., grants citizenship), the appropriate box on the CIT 0065 Citizenship Application Record of Decision (CARD) or CIT 0524 Decision of the Minister's Delegate (Section 5) is checked, and the officer signs and dates the form.

Please note that a signature stamp is not acceptable, and should not be used on a CARD or decision form.

Once citizenship is granted, a date can be arranged for the oath of citizenship.

Unquote"

This is what I read

Alfurais

May 21, 2015

I hope it's right wish u all the luck

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

I hope so i have been waiting over 3 years.....