+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

St. Clair from Exam day to Oath ceremony / Test day scenario

A Zin

Jan 9, 2014
Hi everybody,

This topic to share the timing gape for St. Clair

My timeline is as follows Notice: I have submitted QR and has not been mentioned on the timeline ..since more than a year

1-We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 3, 2012.

2-We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 3, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

3-We started processing your application on December 17, 2012.

4-We sent you a notice on January 14, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 29, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Application Received: 18th Oct 2012
Acknowledgement along with study book sent on 18th Oct 2012
Started Processing: 12th Jan 2013
RQ received Aug 2013 from Scarborough office
RQ response sent to scarborough office on 7th Sept 2013
CIT 0521 notice to prepare for exam dated 23rd Dec 2013 received on 2nd Jan 2014 from St. Claire office

WAITING on test date

A Zin

Jan 9, 2014
BalajiR

When I received the letter to prepare for Exam (not test letter) , I called CIC and they were very helpful after verification he said "I will check if there is a date already on the system for your test or not, and he get back saying YES I have a date for you!! and he gives me the date and location and time, and said you should expect the letter within a week.

So I encourage you to call CIC and it doesn't hurt ., just be nice and professional ..

you will get it sooooooooon

bogazici10

Star Member
Apr 30, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello, if anybody took test this week and please share your experience about interview..

this is my timeline guys, my office is Scarborough center

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on May 10, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on May 10, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on October 25, 2012.

We sent you a notice on January 16, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 7, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

Received: May 10, 2012
Process application: Oct 25, 2012
Residence questionnaire: Nov 30, 2012
Residence questionnaire sent: January 9, 2013
Fingerprint Request: January 24, 2013
Fingerprint sent: February 11, 2013
Text Exam: February 7, 2014
Test: St Claire Avenue

office: Scarborough
after 21 months i got test date guys....

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Here is my timeline and good luck to everyone who received the test for guys with RQ. Please also share your experiences. New things here are the new CIT 0521 (to study for test) and then the test letter being a Purple colour

Received: July, 2012
Process application: Dec, 2012
Residence questionnaire requested by CIC: Jan, 2013
Residence questionnaire sent: Jan, 2013
Notice to study for test CIT 0521: Dec 2013
Notice to take test: Jan 2014
Test date: Jan 30, 2014

Thanks

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
Do you guys have a number on your purple letter marked with a pen?

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
siki said:
Do you guys have a number on your purple letter marked with a pen?
I have a printed 2-digit number on the top right but not by pen though! weird - you have a inked one? i dont think any off that matters LOL. I am still hoping to hear from someone under our circumstances who has sat the test this week or will be doing so next week!

siki

Dec 16, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06/2010
AOR Received.
12/2014
File Transfer...
02/2015
Med's Request
04/2015
Med's Done....
05/2015
bangloboy said:
I have a printed 2-digit number on the top right but not by pen though! weird - you have a inked one? i dont think any off that matters LOL. I am still hoping to hear from someone under our circumstances who has sat the test this week or will be doing so next week!
Yes it's with an ink pen says 87.
I think some people have their test on 29th.

bangloboy

Star Member
Jan 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
siki said:
Yes it's with an ink pen says 87.
I think some people have their test on 29th.
Actually mine says 94 but it is printed not handwritten - i doubt these things are a cause for concern! LOL - i hope its straight forward because techinically it seems they have seen the RQ - we will take the test, see the officer you will verify our exits and entry are intact and hopefully give us a oath date or let us know our file will progress! :)

BalajiR

Jan 11, 2014
Whitby, ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just called CIC and they tell me that my RQ docs have not been verified. however my background checks have been completed. Not sure what other things are pending. I'm just waiting on my test date. the agent told me that he can't give me a timeline for the test date.

Just waiting on the test date.

QAI

Apr 12, 2008
BalajiR said:
I just called CIC and they tell me that my RQ docs have not been verified. however my background checks have been completed. Not sure what other things are pending. I'm just waiting on my test date. the agent told me that he can't give me a timeline for the test date.

Just waiting on the test date.
I got the same response, background checks are done but waiting on rq to be reviewed.

purple shark

Jun 23, 2013
bangloboy said:
Here is my timeline and good luck to everyone who received the test for guys with RQ. Please also share your experiences. New things here are the new CIT 0521 (to study for test) and then the test letter being a Purple colour

Process application: Dec, 2012
Residence questionnaire requested by CIC: Jan, 2013
Residence questionnaire sent: Jan, 2013
Notice to study for test CIT 0521: Dec 2013
Notice to take test: Jan 2014
Test date: Jan 30, 2014

Thanks
I was wondering why purple too....

jahafar

Feb 7, 2014
Hi Friends I would like to share my timeline here

We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on July 23, 2012.

We sent you a letter acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on July 23, 2012. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

We started processing your application on December 21, 2012.

We sent you a notice on January 14, 2014 to appear and write the citizenship test on January 29, 2014 at 8:30 AM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

I traveled outside Canada twice before my citizenship application and twice after my application.

RQ mailed to Scarborough office in February 2013.

I passed my test and waiting for CJ decision for my oath date.

They request to fill RQ as they dated in the application which covers only 4 years period before my application but when i got this RQ by mail, I already completed my 3rd vacation which i did not included in my RQ as they request me to provide information only for the first four years and i did not inform CIC before my travel.and again i traveled for my vacation for 4th time and i did not notify CIC. Is this will affect my oath date.

As the person who verified my document checks my PR,Landing Paper,Health Card,driving license and every page of my passport. and she requested me to sign in white paper, i was bit nervous so my signature is not matched with my ID's and application signature. At the end she said that CJ will decide on my application.

:(

if anyone wrote test on same date at 25 St. Clair ave east Please let me know.

Serendipity

Star Member
Sep 27, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

This is my timeline:

Started processing: Feb., 2013
Notice to write the test: Jan 24, 2014 - got it in the mail a week later.
Test date: Feb 7, 2014
Test location: Scarborough - my file was originally processed at St Clair.
Oath: ?

No RQs, fingerprints, etc.

Good luck to all.

S. :)