+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse's health

irosha

Star Member
Oct 2, 2014
Hi :)
is spouse's health a disqualifyer for pr? my husband has a stent in his heart, will that be considered a negative? I know they overlook that in the case of family sponsorship. But FSW im not sure.. pls enlighten if anyone knows..

pk2ca

Star Member
Sep 27, 2010
irosha said:
is spouse's health a disqualifyer for pr? my husband has a stent in his heart, will that be considered a negative? I know they overlook that in the case of family sponsorship. But FSW im not sure.. pls enlighten if anyone knows..
Yes the health status of everyone in the accompanying family is important while determining the application eligibility. It all depends on the assessment of medical officer and the judgment of cic on that report. On a general basis, any disability/illness that they think will require continued care in Canada will be treated as a burden on the health care system and can have a negative impact on PR application. Not saying it will happen in your case. You just have to wait for the medical assessment. Even the fairness letter they issue in such cases can be contested.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
irosha said:
Both you and your husband must pass the medical in order for your PR visa to be approved.