+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse's Bank statement for Proof of Funds

Dec 15, 2017
Hi,

i got my ITA on November 2017. I got all my funds on my Wife's Bank account and she is listed has my Dependent in my application. Is it ok to get the letter from my wife's bank and show it has proof of funds.

Note:- We are not joint account holders. But i can have a letter of explanation stating that my wife is giving full control to the funds she has .

will this work. Please help.

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
If your spouse is coming with you, you can count money you have together in a joint account. You may be able to count money in an account under their name only, but you must prove you have access to the money. Good Luck!

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2017
If your spouse is coming with you, you can count money you have together in a joint account. You may be able to count money in an account under their name only, but you must prove you have access to the money. Good Luck!
Thanks for your speedy reply. This is the puzzle i am trying to solve "You MUST prove you have access to the money". Will the Letter of Explanation written by my wife and signed by her will work ?

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
For that, you may submit a No Objection Certificate (NOC) signed by your spouse for the usage of funds. Good Luck!

pk46

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
Thanks for your speedy reply. This is the puzzle i am trying to solve "You MUST prove you have access to the money". Will the Letter of Explanation written by my wife and signed by her will work ?
Hi Dinesh,

I am in same dilemma. I have to show my spouse' FD.

Can you share the format/letter you got signed from your spouse.

I would be so grateful if you can mail me at pk.it46@gmail.com.

Dec 15, 2017
Hi Dinesh,

I am in same dilemma. I have to show my spouse' FD.

Can you share the format/letter you got signed from your spouse.

I would be so grateful if you can mail me at pk.it46@gmail.com.

PFB the format that i used,

Dear Sir/ Madam,

This is to inform you that my husband (XXXX) received an invitation to apply for permanent residence to Canada. I (YYY) am the accompanying spouse.

The funds for settlement are held in my ABC bank and these funds are available for use for our settlement in Canada. I have no objection in handing these funds over to my husband for settlement in Canada.

With kind regards,

YYY

pk46

Star Member
Nov 20, 2017
PFB the format that i used,

Dear Sir/ Madam,

This is to inform you that my husband (XXXX) received an invitation to apply for permanent residence to Canada. I (YYY) am the accompanying spouse.

The funds for settlement are held in my ABC bank and these funds are available for use for our settlement in Canada. I have no objection in handing these funds over to my husband for settlement in Canada.

With kind regards,

YYY
Thank you so much Dinesh :)

You got it notarised?

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Thank you so much Dinesh :)

You got it notarised?
No need to notarize these docs. Just print it in an A4 sheet and don't forget to get his/her signature. I did the same and got my PR. Don't worry about the format too much.

Last edited:

Sengkang

Star Member
May 16, 2018
@santhkum90 @noscaf2014 @pk46

thanks for your confirmation. Just that i am having some dilemma on this matter as if really need to and no other alternative way, i will need to make an oversea trip to my home country to get this money transferring from my wife to my account and get bank certificate.

Below statement is from CIC: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/proof-funds.html

1. If your spouse is coming with you, you can count money you have together in a joint account.
2. You may be able to count money in an account under their name only, but you must prove you have access to the money.
3. If you are invited to apply, you must give written proof that you have this money.

here2stay86

Jun 25, 2018
I was also in a same situation for proof of funds. Did give the same in writing, but it says, NOT ACCEPTABLE.
So now, whats next? Will they consider it?