+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse work permit

Delta Jay

Aug 16, 2014
Hello,

Me and my wife are here on work permit and which is going to expire on January 13. I have applied for LMIA through my work and also applied for extension of my work permit. My wife works at other place and her file is under AINP too. Her work permit is also expiring with me. Can she still work legally and if my work permit gets extended, her's will extend too?

Please reply me asap. I am really worried as my wife's employer is asking all of this questions.

astasi

Champion Member
Jun 12, 2010
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-09-2014
Med's Request
23-03-2015
Med's Done....
30-07-2014
Passport Req..
16-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
26-06-2015
LANDED..........
22-07-2015
Delta Jay said:
Hello,

Me and my wife are here on work permit and which is going to expire on January 13. I have applied for LMIA through my work and also applied for extension of my work permit. My wife works at other place and her file is under AINP too. Her work permit is also expiring with me. Can she still work legally and if my work permit gets extended, her's will extend too?

Please reply me asap. I am really worried as my wife's employer is asking all of this questions.
Unless she applies for an extension of her work permit before January 13th she would have to stop working and would also lose her status as a worker.

I am assuming her open work permit is dependent on your work permit in that case you should have applied for both the permits at the same time.

You can send a paper application for extension of her work permit based on your work permit along with an explanation letter and hopefully when time comes for processing her WP application your WP would have been approved by then.

Sending a work permit application before the expiry of her current permit would give her implied status and she can legally continue to work for her employer till the outcome of her application.

applefun

May 21, 2015
Delta Jay said:
Hello,

There is also a 4-year maximum policy. Not sure if your wife is reaching 4 year, she could get her work permit extended or not.