+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

SPOUSE WORK PERMIT VS BRIDGING WORK PERMIT

Jan 8, 2019
Hi everyone, i need help, regarding my wife work permit extension. So initially my wife had PGWP and it is expiring 28/sept, and i applied for her spousal dependent open work permit back in June 2020 It is still processing. Eventually i got ITA for CEC express entry. I applied for both of us on 27/Sept/2020. Now I am in a dilemma that should I withdraw her spousal Open WP, and apply for bridging or Shud I leave the application for a decision and parallelly apply for BOWP? I really appreciate any suggestions. Regards, Tarun

ForUs2020

Jun 22, 2020
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
May 16 2020
I have PGWP now it’s valid till next yr July
Your spouse's permit should be tied to your PGWP regardless of if you applied for PR or not. I believe since you applied for her before you got ITA, she will be approved based on your own PGWP validity and no further action or application will be required by you or her. *My thinking though. More experienced guys can chip in

Jan 8, 2019
Your spouse's permit should be tied to your PGWP regardless of if you applied for PR or not. I believe since you applied for her before you got ITA, she will be approved based on your own PGWP validity and no further action or application will be required by you or her. *My thinking though. More experienced guys can chip in
Thank you so much for the suggestion , I Really appreciate it.

Petpea

Aug 19, 2020
So I went through this same scenario. Make sure you have a noc O A or B job before you apply for a spousal open work permit. IF NOT, IT WILL BE DENIED. My husband was a student and I got an spousal open work permit but the moment he graduated and got a PGWP, my open work permit extension was denied. My husband had to have a NOC o a or b job. Another thing I will advice is please please please apply for visitor visa for your wife. Do not let her run out of status.

Petpea

Aug 19, 2020
Also, your wife doesnt qualify for a Bridge open or bridge close work permit except her employer agrees tonsponsor her

Jan 8, 2019
So I went through this same scenario. Make sure you have a noc O A or B job before you apply for a spousal open work permit. IF NOT, IT WILL BE DENIED. My husband was a student and I got an spousal open work permit but the moment he graduated and got a PGWP, my open work permit extension was denied. My husband had to have a NOC o a or b job. Another thing I will advice is please please please apply for visitor visa for your wife. Do not let her run out of status.
Thank you for valuable advice, I have a noc B job, and it’s been more than 3 n half months we applied for spousal permit extension, no response yet.