+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

spouse work permit got refused..help me please

samanpreet

Dec 24, 2018
Hello Good Afternoon Everyone,
i applied for spouse open work permit on 30th may 2018 and i got result on 18 sept 2018......they took around 109 days for result......they refused my application on this ground stating "you have been unable to demonstrate that you meet the requirements of a spousal open work permit under section 205 (c)ii of the Regulations" only this much they said and not specified anything about documents ...and when i read the 205 (c)ii we followed all criteria.
please help me
Hi, I got the same reason can you please reply whay docs was missing? What was the actual reason?

samanpreet

Dec 24, 2018
If I may ask what is the validity for your visa and passport?
My application got rejected because my husband's visa and passport validity was less than 6 months.
My passport is valid until August 2026 and my husband ‘s until September 2024

Tracelyn2015

Star Member
Jul 24, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Nomination.....
12 July 2017
I would love if the original poster could follow up. My husband just got a refusal letter 01/17/19 for his WP application which expired 12/05/18. We applied as a family of 5 11/29/18. His was refused today. No word yet on the other four. We live in Canada.We have an active PR paper based application on file.

mayankk1991

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
I have applied on 4th January 2019, offline for Sowp. Got rejection today with the following reasons "You have not adequately demonstrated that you meet the requirement of a work permit pursuant to section 205(c)(ii) of the regulation.

please suggest how to proceed further.

Deenlover

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Greetings all.
I am currently on my PhD (commenced Sept. 2018) in Canada. I applied for SOWP on behalf of my husband on January 24, 2019 but today I got a rejection. Here is the reason:

You did not provide a valid Labour Market Impact Assessment from the Department of Economic and Social Development Canada and/or demonstrated that you are entitled to apply for an open work permit.

Please what does this mean? Note that LMIA is not required for our application. I feel really bad; we included every [possible document. Please kindly advise. Thank you

Deenlover

Star Member
May 11, 2017
An observation, I may be wrong though;

Is it only male spouses that are denied SOWP. Someone earlier told me that it is easy for males to obtain SOWP for their spouses, but difficult for women to do same.

Please the applicant who applied for CAIPs should kindly update up. Thank you.

Deenlover

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Hey VishvaRana, Did you get the notes. Its been 2 months and they havent given me the notes yet.
I have applied for the notes once (after I got study permit refusal), it took a while, about two months. In fact, I could not wait for it any longer so I made a second attempt for study permit (which was successful). I got the caips notes while my second attempt was being processed. You will receive it for sure, be patient.

mayankk1991

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
Greetings all.
I am currently on my PhD (commenced Sept. 2018) in Canada. I applied for SOWP on behalf of my husband on January 24, 2019 but today I got a rejection. Here is the reason:

You did not provide a valid Labour Market Impact Assessment from the Department of Economic and Social Development Canada and/or demonstrated that you are entitled to apply for an open work permit.

Please what does this mean? Note that LMIA is not required for our application. I feel really bad; we included every [possible document. Please kindly advise. Thank you
have you applied online or offline? Please tell me the list of your college documents which you have included in your visa filing? Let me see what can i suggest.

Deenlover

Star Member
May 11, 2017
have you applied online or offline? Please tell me the list of your college documents which you have included in your visa filing? Let me see what can i suggest.
I applied Online.
Spouse's docs
1. marriage certificate
2. employment docs with payslips
3. bank statement of 5400CAD
3. wedding pics
4. Letter of explanation
5. Passport
6. Leave of absence letter from employer

My docs:
1. letter of enrolment
2. Proof of funding from school
3. Letter from my bank
4. Bank statement showing 6500 CAD
5. letter from supervisor
6. letter of invitation
7. study permit and visa copies

What else can we include pls?

mayankk1991

Star Member
Sep 11, 2018
I applied Online.
Spouse's docs
1. marriage certificate
2. employment docs with payslips
3. bank statement of 5400CAD
3. wedding pics
4. Letter of explanation
5. Passport
6. Leave of absence letter from employer

My docs:
1. letter of enrolment
2. Proof of funding from school
3. Letter from my bank
4. Bank statement showing 6500 CAD
5. letter from supervisor
6. letter of invitation
7. study permit and visa copies

What else can we include pls?
Include your transcript which you get from college. Please also include joint bank account statement with your spouse. That will make your case stronger. Include Statutory declaration of Common Law Union. You have to get the declaration notarized. You spouse Income Tax Return Proof is also important. Include property Valuation paper, which mill make you case stronger. This time include your chat and call log list with the file.

Reactions: saqibzamir

Deenlover

Star Member
May 11, 2017
Include your transcript which you get from college. Please also include joint bank account statement with your spouse. That will make your case stronger. Include Statutory declaration of Common Law Union. You have to get the declaration notarized. You spouse Income Tax Return Proof is also important. Include property Valuation paper, which mill make you case stronger. This time include your chat and call log list with the file.
Thank you. I think we will also apply for caips note