+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse work permit delayed

noobnoob44

Jan 19, 2019
Hi,
I am the primary applicant and my application for closed work permit and spouse's application for open work permit (sowp) were submitted at the same time. We submitted it online and we are from India.I have received request for passport submission for my application, but spouse open work permit application is still in progress and no updates yet. I was of the opinion that they are processed together and generally request for passport submission comes at the same time.
Has anyone faced similar situation before and how much delay there was before spouse work permit application was approved?

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
any work permit will enable you to work......so if you have received passport request.....go get it and don't delay.

noobnoob44

Jan 19, 2019
Yes, I understand that, I waited for a week after I received passport request on my application, thinking that my wife's sowp application will also be processed by that time. I am going to send my passport next week for further processing.
Our plan is to fly together to Canada so trying to figure out if someone was in same situation and how much time it took for them so that I can plan accordingly.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
I am the primary applicant and my application for closed work permit and spouse's application for open work permit (sowp) were submitted at the same time. We submitted it online and we are from India.I have received request for passport submission for my application, but spouse open work permit application is still in progress and no updates yet. I was of the opinion that they are processed together and generally request for passport submission comes at the same time.
Has anyone faced similar situation before and how much delay there was before spouse work permit application was approved?
Post in the Foreign Worker section of the forum. This section is for Canadian citizens/PRs sponsoring their family members.