+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Spouse Work/Education History

arodri

Jun 18, 2018
Hi guys,

I'm going through my e-APR right now and wondering whether I should put my Spouse Work/Education history under their respective sections considering that we are not claiming points for those.

My intend is to answer No to the following questions:
  • Does XXX have any work history?
  • Has XXX finished high school or any higher education (including university, college or vocational training)?
Otherwise they'll ask to upload documentation to support that.

Additionally, I'll list her work/study history under the Personal History section and elaborate more in the Letter of Explanation.

Do you guys think that's the right thing to do? I'd love to know your thoughts.

Have a great day!

abc83

May 5, 2020
I'm not claiming points for my spouse's work history. So, you mean to say that I've to give those details only in the personal history and not in the work history ?

arodri

Jun 18, 2018
I'm not claiming points for my spouse's work history. So, you mean to say that I've to give those details only in the personal history and not in the work history ?
Correct, that's what I did and work out well. Don't for get elaborate on that in the LOE.

nishkers

Feb 18, 2021
I saw a video of an immigration lawyer answering this question. He said you don't get points for putting in your accurate weight and height, but would you not do it? Similarly, why would spouse personal history section contain work experience, but not work experience section?

He says instead of writing LOEs for everything, get the required documents beforehand. Do not skip steps.

arodri

Jun 18, 2018
He said you don't get points for putting in your accurate weight and height, but would you not do it?
In my case I didn't do it because it started asking me for all of my wife's supporting documents, translations, etc. which were quite an effort to get. And I didn't need those extra points after all.

As I mentioned above, that worked for me, but by no means I'm saying everyone should do the same. As always: it depends.